Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Which Pickup You All Recommend?

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:02 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
Hi desparil,

Your city driving, do you often go to places with small carpark and having to squeeze around narrow backalley? Also, do you want manual or Auto?

If you really can't, I suggest Triton short bed. Turning circle for Triton is smallest for all pickup trucks yet practicality is high. My complain is the VGT 2.5L is highly overpriced. Hilux pickup, handling and safety standard totally out.

The Colorado is good in overall but I don't see anyone buying it. Afraid of NASA terrible service as br1 said? Sad to see Colorado didn't sell in numbers despite being good except the rear suspension is harsher.

If you can wait, best is to wait for new Ranger and D-Max. Better late than regret, at least the newer batches of pickups, the carmakers placed more effort and ingredient.

Hi SplitFire,

If he wanted brand new and not used, cheapest good SUV would need at least RM130k budget.

SplitFire

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
smile_approve.gif
QUOTE (jayraptor @ May 20 2012, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi desparil,

Your city driving, do you often go to places with small carpark and having to squeeze around narrow backalley? Also, do you want manual or Auto?

If you really can't, I suggest Triton short bed. Turning circle for Triton is smallest for all pickup trucks yet practicality is high. My complain is the VGT 2.5L is highly overpriced. Hilux pickup, handling and safety standard totally out.

The Colorado is good in overall but I don't see anyone buying it. Afraid of NASA terrible service as br1 said? Sad to see Colorado didn't sell in numbers despite being good except the rear suspension is harsher.

If you can wait, best is to wait for new Ranger and D-Max. Better late than regret, at least the newer batches of pickups, the carmakers placed more effort and ingredient.

Hi SplitFire,

If he wanted brand new and not used, cheapest good SUV would need at least RM130k budget.

smile_approve.gif I C.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

neonlee

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (SplitFire @ May 21 2012, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_approve.gif
smile_approve.gif I C.

only trucker that using coil spring..Actyon Sports.. but i dont like the look.. smile_tongue.gif

byebye2u

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ May 21 2012, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
only trucker that using coil spring..Actyon Sports.. but i dont like the look.. smile_tongue.gif

max speed 200kmh. but i dare up to 150, lighter rear scare me. acceleration to 80kmh surprise me. bro wirahijau 6 speed easily over 800 km per tank and should run faster.

innovate

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:26 PM

innovate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
I am trying to sell my Actyon sports '07. Any takers.

spirit36

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:53 PM

spirit36

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,862 posts
Hilux has been the best selling truck in Malaysia since the day i can remember (involve into truck)...
Not the best or value for money....
But Hilux do have the advantages...
Why people still buying Hilux even though no inter cooler, bumpier than Triton...
Perhaps the perception of Msian and the strong after sales service (cut throat service price but cheaper than Mitsubishi, please correct me if I'm wrong, just in general services)

Sometimes just want to follow the crowd....can't beat them join them... smile_clown.gif

br1

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (spirit36 @ May 29 2012, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hilux has been the best selling truck in Malaysia since the day i can remember (involve into truck)...
Not the best or value for money....
But Hilux do have the advantages...
Why people still buying Hilux even though no inter cooler, bumpier than Triton...
Perhaps the perception of Msian and the strong after sales service (cut throat service price but cheaper than Mitsubishi, please correct me if I'm wrong, just in general services)

Sometimes just want to follow the crowd....can't beat them join them... smile_clown.gif

Because just of the T logo?

r3xt0n

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:44 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (innovate @ May 21 2012, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am trying to sell my Actyon sports '07. Any takers.

Post it to Mudah and then post the link to your Mudah ads to RextonHub, I am sure we have more Ssangyong fans than anywhere else.