Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cvt Feeling Feedback For Exora, Saga, Preve

• Please log in to reply

rikeys

Posted 22 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
just tested prevee D & S & paddles ...... smile_big.gif

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

kristof

Posted 23 April 2012 - 01:43 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (rikeys @ Apr 22 2012, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just tested prevee D & S & paddles ...... smile_big.gif

can you share your experience? remarks? good points?

Thanks

ntc2000

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Apr 23 2012, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you share your experience? remarks? good points?

Thanks

he is forte 1.6 owner(fully performance mod... 059.gif), i think he gonna laugh on the slow response on the preve. Frankly speaking, i have tested preve, the response is a bit slow, have to press harder on pedal. smile_approve.gif

pgkia

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
Hi
i am new EB CFE owner. So far, I am quite satisfy with the CVT performance. On pickup and cruising, it is like what Proton is advertising, silky smooth... smile_thumbup.gif

In the hand, a bit disturb on the decelerating as the ratio shift is a bit rough, especially when the aircond compressor kicks in. When engage reverse gear, a bit slow in responding to the pedal, and sometimes can feel a minor jerk. Not sure if these are related to CVT alone, or the orchestration algorithm of the ECU among all the devices it is handling.

dabdab

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Apr 23 2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
he is forte 1.6 owner(fully performance mod... 059.gif), i think he gonna laugh on the slow response on the preve. Frankly speaking, i have tested preve, the response is a bit slow, have to press harder on pedal. smile_approve.gif

i wonder why preve is lack of grunt,,?
do you any idea..
throttle response is purposely delayed or what. because the power spec is simmilar to exora it should be more responsive due to 100kg lighter.

how do proton evaluate the car after going through of thousands of km and ends up with quite an undesirable performance.

maybe they have to adapt some of the exora bold engine management to the preve. or just plug in the DBW drive by wire from exora cfe which maybe the have a different calibration, how about that?

wlighter

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:19 PM

wlighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Apr 24 2012, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder why preve is lack of grunt,,?
do you any idea..
throttle response is purposely delayed or what. because the power spec is simmilar to exora it should be more responsive due to 100kg lighter.

how do proton evaluate the car after going through of thousands of km and ends up with quite an undesirable performance.

maybe they have to adapt some of the exora bold engine management to the preve. or just plug in the DBW drive by wire from exora cfe which maybe the have a different calibration, how about that?

maybe they test too much overseas and suit their driving style instead of malaysian driving style which is more rough type...

so, perhaps they should retune the ecu back to the msian style of driving to meet local expectation instead of saying this is how european drive and ask us to adapt instead...

kristof

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (wlighter @ Apr 24 2012, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe they test too much overseas and suit their driving style instead of malaysian driving style which is more rough type...

so, perhaps they should retune the ecu back to the msian style of driving to meet local expectation instead of saying this is how european drive and ask us to adapt instead...

I agree on that one, however, I can release information for my company which is Punch, not for proton.
I just know that Proton is aware and as I know Proton they will adjust. It is indeed just the pedal map, the car is not slower but is feels sluggish because you have to apply a lot of throttle to get the car going.

wlighter

Posted 24 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

wlighter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Apr 24 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree on that one, however, I can release information for my company which is Punch, not for proton.
I just know that Proton is aware and as I know Proton they will adjust. It is indeed just the pedal map, the car is not slower but is feels sluggish because you have to apply a lot of throttle to get the car going.

hopefully if they do decide to "fix" it, the solution can be applied to all existing Preve and not just the new one out of factory...

rikeys

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:15 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
Test drive review.
Went to view with open mind while same time expecting to worst due to numerous non positive reviews by others.

Design
First off prevee looks bigger in real life than photos. Front looks OK could had been worst looks better in black as the grille will look one piece with rest of bumper fenders and bonnet. Its neater that way.

A pillar to C its streamlined much to the profile of the new Civic which isn't here yet.

The rear is where it gets messy with two layers of break off lines one at the first curve from side panel to rear. Second line is few inches after making the rear too untidy unlike the front. Having the first line is understood to assist air flowing away from the rear lending a hand to reduce air turbulence but the second line is just plain unnecessary.

The rear lamps a matter of taste to buyers even though it doesn't seem to be related to the nose.

Interior
Feels big didn't bring my measuring tape to confirm. Wait a darn minute the dash even the aircon vents looks familiar like old W type Merc....ditch that faux wood.

Plastics much like Lancer inspira savvy saga etc... what improvement I noticed where those that matter most to daily users. Glove box was big good for SLR or handbag. Center box was superbig for your fav CDs. USB port hidden neatly infront console. Driver right side again a huge sunglasses or smarttag bin ? But this bin rattles when I did corners fast. They need to add some felt or foam to stop the rattling.

Steering feels good even without tele-scorpic function not that I need any. Paddle shifters works well and feels positive. Didn't fancy the auto stick though.

The seats front and back were fine much better body hugging in front thanks to the side seat airbags. Rear seat space is good with clearance below front seats for you to stretch your toes or place a superb amp there.

Nice things like hooks behind seat and the teh-tarik hook in front. What I liked was finally they got those pesky roof grab handles to bounce back slowly without a big sounding Thug!

Engineering
Pop up the hood and you are greeted with a campro and a small turbo unit which is mounted very near the manifold to spool up faster. With such a small turbo don't expect gtr killer prevee OK its what they call a soft turbo and it really goes about doing what it's intended to do. That is to give you a light power boost when you need it.

Mated with a cvt it makes a noisy combo which you will have to get use to. Response below 3k rpm is low mostly dead from below 2k rpm. Wonder this will effect on town fc trying to lug around 17++kg by the way exora is 19++kg you can check this info at right side door pillar.

The low end feel is compounded by the weight of prevee hence you feel like driving a pre-kompressor merc. For the more mature customers they may like this though. Hot blooded boy racers will cringe to think they will be left behind at traffic lights to traffic lights shoot out. Throw in a few light mods to prevee may help remove that lag.

No complains on the cvt gearbox it goes about its auto mode in D with minor whine and doesn't allow full revs if you are used to standard autobox.

Drop to S mode and it will hold any gear you select either via stick shift or steering paddles. This is good for tracking corners or up down genting but it will not shift up by its self you need to up shift else the engine just roars and whines loudly like any manual car.

My fav combo is S and paddles manually toggle each gear like a manual car at each turn and wot down to kick up the turbo fuss. This is the way to get that torque kick we expected and boy does it goes.....

Wait a minute did they upgrade the brakes? With the wot turbo surge you'll better becareful not have any car infront as it's not sufficient to pull you down instantly proton really needs to look into this else we may see a few prevee rear ending others.

To be continued....

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

Nabworld

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:12 PM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
actually during the presentation , few engineers wer present and thy clearly mentioned that the throttle and ecu was tuned for gradual speed build up and not suden rush of torque as in the exora BD...thy wanted the car to be classified as refined cruiser ...in that way...a driver never feels hes driving a turbo engine charecterstic so to enhance the smooth drive experience....

its all in the tune up....diferent cars tuned diferently....
u can check few local websited for the interview !