Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Jtx 1000

• Please log in to reply

neo79

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:28 AM

neo79

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,213 posts
QUOTE (eddievh @ Apr 11 2012, 11:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Their oil trade secret is add alots of Extreme pressure additive. Oil sifu,what is the disadvantage of high EP additive is passenger car engine oil? Kill cat fast?

http://en.wikipedia....essure_additive

Nah... smile_big.gif

thekop555

Posted 17 May 2012 - 06:52 PM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
i'm using this oil for my sentra b14 for the last 6 oil change.
And yes..it performs well like what the agent told and showed on demo.
Engine feel very light...improve FC....quiet and after long journey with high speed....still no unusual smell on the engine bay.

Every time i went to workshop for service....the foreman will kept that drained oil for them to wash their dirty hand. He said that the cleansing agent really works on dirty hand and so the engine. Rm170 for this kind of oil with 10k km interval really save my money.

The coating film still exist after 10k km as the agent took the drained oil and tested it on his demo machine. And it still quiet. Now my sentra sold already and waiting a new car next week and will continue to use JTX. But i will use JTX 5000 instead of jtx1000 coz dont want to void warranty.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (thekop555 @ May 17 2012, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i'm using this oil for my sentra b14 for the last 6 oil change.
And yes..it performs well like what the agent told and showed on demo.
Engine feel very light...improve FC....quiet and after long journey with high speed....still no unusual smell on the engine bay.

Every time i went to workshop for service....the foreman will kept that drained oil for them to wash their dirty hand. He said that the cleansing agent really works on dirty hand and so the engine. Rm170 for this kind of oil with 10k km interval really save my money.

The coating film still exist after 10k km as the agent took the drained oil and tested it on his demo machine. And it still quiet. Now my sentra sold already and waiting a new car next week and will continue to use JTX. But i will use JTX 5000 instead of jtx1000 coz dont want to void warranty.

Wash hand with engine oil?
What difference JTX5000?

mosh

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
IMHO this engine oil is not bad after all and i see its proven to work great on my friend s1k car during the recent s1k race in sepang but i didn't agree with their marketing technique.

they claim this oil is a tribology oil and how the hell on earth is tribology now become a type of lubricant ?
i know tribology is a an adjective for a research/ development term in lubricant, friction and in between but it its not a type of lubricant. ( mineral, syn based, ect ) the salesman keep saying that this is an advancement in lubricant, we got mineral, then, semi and full and now tribology oil..

and boy... i was smile_shock.gif smile_shock.gif

another flaw in the marketing is when they put it on the pressure machine thingy. at first they put in a thinner shell 10w40 and put in the pressure test. the result was so-so.. then they compare it with their thicker 15w50 lubricant... and the result was outstanding. the crowd was astonished.

err... 10w40 vs 15w50 ? thinner vs thicker. so u know la when its benchmarked it for pressure.

im not against this lubricant and matter of fact, i have seen it performs well and would like to try it in near future if $$ permited. i just don't agree with how their market it. calling it world best lubricant is another story but i think we know what best for our engine. the lubricant i think still on SL/CF i believe ?

vr2turbo

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
Is this the Hai-O-Raya one. I think is just metal conditioner added in to normal oil.....

YSW

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:27 PM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 20 2012, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this the Hai-O-Raya one. I think is just metal conditioner added in to normal oil.....

It is just a normal mineral diesel engine oil, with higher dosage of EP additive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_pressure_additive), made in Johor, marketed by Hai-O at price at par with fully synthetic engine oil with smart marketing awareness acheme which emphasizes on "Tribology" and live four ball tester or "Timken" load test....

FYI, you can buy any EP additive or oil treatment in the market and test it on four ball or Timken, you will find them performing surprisingly very well...

vr2turbo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ Dec 20 2012, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is just a normal mineral diesel engine oil, with higher dosage of EP additive (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_pressure_additive), made in Johor, marketed by Hai-O at price at par with fully synthetic engine oil with smart marketing awareness acheme which emphasizes on "Tribology" and live four ball tester or "Timken" load test....

FYI, you can buy any EP additive or oil treatment in the market and test it on four ball or Timken, you will find them performing surprisingly very well...

One of my friend got sell this oil last time and show me the bearing test also. I gave him my mixture of oil with metal conditioner to test and he gave up trying to sell me his oil....hahahahha smile_big.gif