Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Stock Clarion Hu

• Please log in to reply

jtdc

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

jtdc

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi. I'd like to have my Savvy's stock Clarion HU repaired. Problem is cannot use CD, can't insert. Probably some CD stuck inside and the CD slot-in mechanism already faulty. This has been in this state when I got the used car. I checked Clarion Malaysia website and all it says if the unit is OEM, bring it to local service center. So in my case, bring to Proton.

Usual shops I go thru say just change the head unit to a modern one (can MP3 and USB), as this one only good for radio and audio CD. But I like the stock original look. Any suggestions? Thanks.

fkmfkm

Posted 03 April 2012 - 04:37 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (jtdc @ Apr 3 2012, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. I'd like to have my Savvy's stock Clarion HU repaired. Problem is cannot use CD, can't insert. Probably some CD stuck inside and the CD slot-in mechanism already faulty. This has been in this state when I got the used car. I checked Clarion Malaysia website and all it says if the unit is OEM, bring it to local service center. So in my case, bring to Proton.

Usual shops I go thru say just change the head unit to a modern one (can MP3 and USB), as this one only good for radio and audio CD. But I like the stock original look. Any suggestions? Thanks.

buy back new clarion lah..

kohf1drive

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (jtdc @ Apr 3 2012, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Last time send to accessory shop to repair, rm130 wait for 3 days
It change the gear mechanism

jtdc

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

jtdc

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Apr 3 2012, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Last time send to accessory shop to repair, rm130 wait for 3 days
It change the gear mechanism

oh, where is this accessory shop?

EDIT : i see your location is johor bahru. well, i need to find here in my area smile.gif

QUOTE (fkmfkm)
buy back new clarion lah..

buy back new clarion? i didn't get what you mean. getting another clarion or whatever head unit, would of course be different already from the stock, right?

br1

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:34 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts

buy back new clarion? i didn't get what you mean. getting another clarion or whatever head unit, would of course be different already from the stock, right?
[/quote]

maybe proton have the new ori oem stock clarion set if you like it so much then - is that what bro fkmfkm meant?

vr2turbo

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
If yours is the new type that is incorporated into the dash, nowadays got aftermarket that can fit.
If not then buy back same unit to stock, but then no MP3 and USB.... smile_blackeye.gif