Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Elantra Test-drive : A Request To Reviewers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jayraptor

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:19 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 14 2012, 09:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latio/Tiida launch in 2004 & u r comparing to Elantra MD which lauch 2010 ? why not compare Nissan 130Y engine ?

As if u know anything ?

Ha ha remember my youtube post on 2013 Sentra 0-60mph shoot out ? do u see any gear hunting ?

As i said u r the only one who think japanese car copying korean car design, in fact i think the side view of New Sentra resembled current Mazda 6. smile_approve.gif

Latio/Tiida available for sale in 2005 to be exact, it was launched and revealed in 2004 but not really start selling. I am comparing the Elantra 1.6/1.8 dual VVT engine with Latio 1.6/1.8 engine as you seems to have problem reading torque aka pulling power. Want to give fair comparison, if you take the Forte's Gamma 1.6 single VVT and fit it in Latio, it'll beat the HR16DE in all aspect.

Gamma 1.6
124ps@6300rpm (got hi-rev)
156Nm@4200rpm

HR16DE 1.6
109ps@6000rpm
153Nm@4400rpm (Wah so high only can get)

Yes, I compared the Sunny 130y with Sentra 97 and Sentra N16 '05 as to show you what fuel injection and later on VVT could do on the FC improvement.

The Mazda 6 is passionate car, don't try to drag it down by saying Sentra looks any like it. Fyi, the Sentra is designed for China market where the people there like the old Elantra side waves so much that Nissan designers adopted Korean older design for the sides and grille.

You already mentioned 2013 Sentra 0-60mph acceleration. Do you know when the gear hunting take place? It was during 'kickdown' ie. when you are moving at 60km/h or 80km/h on gentle cruising mode, you slam full on the pedal to engage lower gear for faster acceleration. Fyi, this gearhunting feel is felt in German makes first, then conti and Korean makes. Now Japanese makes too. Use your brain, think b4 you type.

If you say the passionate Elantra is lame, then your substandard products X-Gear, Lavina, Sylphy, Teana that don't have anything good at particulars are considered failure to you personally if you do not let your company affects your judgement?

jolokia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 16 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Latio/Tiida available for sale in 2005 to be exact, it was launched and revealed in 2004 but not really start selling. I am comparing the Elantra 1.6/1.8 dual VVT engine with Latio 1.6/1.8 engine as you seems to have problem reading torque aka pulling power. Want to give fair comparison, if you take the Forte's Gamma 1.6 single VVT and fit it in Latio, it'll beat the HR16DE in all aspect.

Gamma 1.6
124ps@6300rpm (got hi-rev)
156Nm@4200rpm

HR16DE 1.6
109ps@6000rpm
153Nm@4400rpm (Wah so high only can get)

Yes, I compared the Sunny 130y with Sentra 97 and Sentra N16 '05 as to show you what fuel injection and later on VVT could do on the FC improvement.

The Mazda 6 is passionate car, don't try to drag it down by saying Sentra looks any like it. Fyi, the Sentra is designed for China market where the people there like the old Elantra side waves so much that Nissan designers adopted Korean older design for the sides and grille.

You already mentioned 2013 Sentra 0-60mph acceleration. Do you know when the gear hunting take place? It was during 'kickdown' ie. when you are moving at 60km/h or 80km/h on gentle cruising mode, you slam full on the pedal to engage lower gear for faster acceleration. Fyi, this gearhunting feel is felt in German makes first, then conti and Korean makes. Now Japanese makes too. Use your brain, think b4 you type.

If you say the passionate Elantra is lame, then your substandard products X-Gear, Lavina, Sylphy, Teana that don't have anything good at particulars are considered failure to you personally if you do not let your company affects your judgement?

So u r comparing a 5 years difference engine.technology, why u don't dare to compare that old noisy heavy fuel consumption engine in old 3rd generation XD Elantra which was on sales back in 2005 ?
U r dreaming again, the saleable Elantra r actually old 3rd generation Elantra not the one we call Avante, in fact Hyundai actually took Slyphy as benchmark for their upcomming cost down Sonata to be launch in China only market.
U have just shown ur upmost ignorance by doesn't even know how 0-60mph test r carry out, stupid by 60-80mph u r already in ur top gear, hunt for ur head it is ?
What so passionate about Elantra ? Isn't it just another City C Segment car ? If u talking about GTR then I called thay passionate. smile_approve.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

jayraptor

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 16 2012, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So u r comparing a 5 years difference engine.technology, why u don't dare to compare that old noisy heavy fuel consumption engine in old 3rd generation XD Elantra which was on sales back in 2005 ?
U r dreaming again, the saleable Elantra r actually old 3rd generation Elantra not the one we call Avante, in fact Hyundai actually took Slyphy as benchmark for their upcomming cost down Sonata to be launch in China only market.
U have just shown ur upmost ignorance by doesn't even know how 0-60mph test r carry out, stupid by 60-80mph u r already in ur top gear, hunt for ur head it is ?
What so passionate about Elantra ? Isn't it just another City C Segment car ? If u talking about GTR then I called thay passionate. smile_approve.gif

jolokia,

The 1.6 Gamma was developed in 2005, about 1 year later than the 1.6 HRDE that was further development of the shortlived QG16. THis is fair comparison.

Comparing Sunny 130y with Sentra 97 and N16 is to show you technology advancement. Don't understand?

Do you even own a car with auto gearbox? Do you even know how it works? You didn't read properly that I mentioned 60-80km/h and not mph? I doubt you even know what is mph, so let me standardised to km/h instead. Since you only know about cars with 4AT. At 80km/h where it is cruising at 4th gear, if you 'kickdown' or slam the pedal it will drop to 3rd gear for stronger gear to accelerate higher before getting to 4th gear at even higher speed.

The ECU+TCU checks the way you drive, if you are gently pushing the pedal, it will go into cruising mode and set to shift gear sooner. If you drive like mad, slamming the pedal on and off, depends on speed, it will drop to lower gears and will shift to higher gear only at higher speed.

Newer 6AT gearbox allows you to downshift more than 1 gear at certain speed allowing you to pickup faster with stronger gear and takes longer time to upshift, make sure you get faster acceleration. If it drops from 4th gear to 2nd gear, this is where the gearhunting feel kicks in as it needs to disperse the additional force before engaging 2nd gear at best optimum speed so that it will not get powerloss. Physics test for you, if you wanted to lift heavy gas tank.
1) you slowly get good grip and lift slowly to check its weight and then proceed to lift it up - you will lift it well.
2) you rush like mad at fast speed lift it blindly without getting at feel how heavy it weighs would end up spraining your arm and back and might end up, probably you'll be crushed by the tank.

You don't know how this work then don't even blast blindly here.

jolokia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 17 2012, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jolokia,

The 1.6 Gamma was developed in 2005, about 1 year later than the 1.6 HRDE that was further development of the shortlived QG16. THis is fair comparison.

Comparing Sunny 130y with Sentra 97 and N16 is to show you technology advancement. Don't understand?

Do you even own a car with auto gearbox? Do you even know how it works? You didn't read properly that I mentioned 60-80km/h and not mph? I doubt you even know what is mph, so let me standardised to km/h instead. Since you only know about cars with 4AT. At 80km/h where it is cruising at 4th gear, if you 'kickdown' or slam the pedal it will drop to 3rd gear for stronger gear to accelerate higher before getting to 4th gear at even higher speed.

The ECU+TCU checks the way you drive, if you are gently pushing the pedal, it will go into cruising mode and set to shift gear sooner. If you drive like mad, slamming the pedal on and off, depends on speed, it will drop to lower gears and will shift to higher gear only at higher speed.

Newer 6AT gearbox allows you to downshift more than 1 gear at certain speed allowing you to pickup faster with stronger gear and takes longer time to upshift, make sure you get faster acceleration. If it drops from 4th gear to 2nd gear, this is where the gearhunting feel kicks in as it needs to disperse the additional force before engaging 2nd gear at best optimum speed so that it will not get powerloss. Physics test for you, if you wanted to lift heavy gas tank.
1) you slowly get good grip and lift slowly to check its weight and then proceed to lift it up - you will lift it well.
2) you rush like mad at fast speed lift it blindly without getting at feel how heavy it weighs would end up spraining your arm and back and might end up, probably you'll be crushed by the tank.

You don't know how this work then don't even blast blindly here.

Ahem u r the only own well versed with 4AT since u r driving Forte EX Kosong Lama with 4Speeds.
Didn't Paultan blog writer already stated that the engine do not have enough torque that what the 6 speeds GB constantly hunting for gear, what so difficult to understand here, nothing wrong with the GB nor the engine, the magic word here is there don't match, paper figure may not translate into actual scenario.
If u still can't understand, I remembered seen Jeremy Clarkson once do a torque test by shifting to highest gear on a MT car & see how long would it took to reached 60mph, so that he can determine how power the torque is, result is those car with higher torque reach 60mph faster, it is pointless to too many gear if there is not enough torque, U can see Civic with 5 speed outsold Elantra with 6 speed in US as well as our market, what that tell u ?
If a 6 speeds take looonnng time to shift & looonnnggg time to get into right gear, I need to waiiitttt for it to zzzzzzz.... what's the point ? might as well u get something like 5 speeds.
Now who the blind mice here. smile_sleepy.gif

kaylcar

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 17 2012, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahem u r the only own well versed with 4AT since u r driving Forte EX Kosong Lama with 4Speeds.
Didn't Paultan blog writer already stated that the engine do not have enough torque that what the 6 speeds GB constantly hunting for gear, what so difficult to understand here, nothing wrong with the GB nor the engine, the magic word here is there don't match, paper figure may not translate into actual scenario.
If u still can't understand, I remembered seen Jeremy Clarkson once do a torque test by shifting to highest gear on a MT car & see how long would it took to reached 60mph, so that he can determine how power the torque is, result is those car with higher torque reach 60mph faster, it is pointless to too many gear if there is not enough torque, U can see Civic with 5 speed outsold Elantra with 6 speed in US as well as our market, what that tell u ?
If a 6 speeds take looonnng time to shift & looonnnggg time to get into right gear, I need to waiiitttt for it to zzzzzzz.... what's the point ? might as well u get something like 5 speeds.
Now who the blind mice here. smile_sleepy.gif

Haha...you moron still swallowing whole the garbage others write for your puny brain. Get yourself a fukkin car, drive it, then come here with first hand knowledge, not spewing your own edited garbage you happen to google in between your General exercises. Now bugger off smile_angry.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

jolokia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:25 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Nov 17 2012, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haha...you moron still swallowing whole the garbage others write for your puny brain. Get yourself a fukkin car, drive it, then come here with first hand knowledge, not spewing your own edited garbage you happen to google in between your General exercises. Now bugger off smile_angry.gif

As if u have travel into outer space to prove that earth is actually round, even if I happen to drove or own one, u would claim by comments r biases & unprofessional, so is better for me to refer to pro test drive result smile_angry.gif

kaylcar

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:01 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 17 2012, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As if u have travel into outer space to prove that earth is actually round, even if I happen to drove or own one, u would claim by comments r biases & unprofessional, so is better for me to refer to pro test drive result smile_angry.gif

exactly my point, select the infection you like to spread to others. smile_approve.gif

jolokia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Nov 18 2012, 01:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exactly my point, select the infection you like to spread to others. smile_approve.gif

I did not edit the review, it is there for the public to read, they can decide for them self the good & the bad, even the review in this site is not all rosy, unlike u who advise other to ignore the steering sound of Sonata YF by increasing the volume of ICE & belittle anybody who complain the korean car problem.
Perhaps the most infectious posting r from ur good self. smile_approve.gif

kapitan

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

kapitan

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 385 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 18 2012, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did not edit the review, it is there for the public to read, they can decide for them self the good & the bad, even the review in this site is not all rosy, unlike u who advise other to ignore the steering sound of Sonata YF by increasing the volume of ICE & belittle anybody who complain the korean car problem.
Perhaps the most infectious posting r from ur good self. smile_approve.gif

What is this steering sound you are complaining about?

kaylcar

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (kapitan @ Nov 18 2012, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is this steering sound you are complaining about?

don't worry, it's in jokerkia's head! smile_approve.gif It's the annoying sound of a good Korean car..haha ...he cannot bear it!!