Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Unsolve Underpower Issue You Might Encountered

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

neonlee

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
Meet a rexton owner in PG during my vacationn to PG , the rexton was seriously underpower 0-100 its about 25 sec, can't uphill at all and the owner still driving it for around 1 year with this unsolved problem , HP pump serviced , service both 5 injector,new turbo, new modulator .. still the same ... the owner nearly give up with the car already...

After few round of testing noticed that the max rail pressure reading was 1380bar !!! it was exactly the Bosh commonrail value , after investigation comfirm that the diesel centre using Bosh Diagnosis tools to do the coding for his rex

Inorder to resolve his problem temporary , i had touched up his ECU map , uplift the rail pressure .. now at least the car doing 1550 bar rail pressure and the power restored .
Adviced him to send his car to fully reset the common rail value by using scan 100.

if any bro encountered under power issue , do check this issue before any parts replacement...

byebye2u

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:36 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
some workshop thought the setting same like ml270, rx270 use delphi instead of bosch for the injector and pump....then need to charge him 5k to resolve the issue. ha ha ha ha

neonlee

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Mar 19 2012, 08:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some workshop thought the setting same like ml270, rx270 use delphi instead of bosch for the injector and pump....then need to charge him 5k to resolve the issue. ha ha ha ha

luckily done some study on bosh commonrail system before if not the 1380 seems nothing to me..
hentam 1380 kao kao coming draw.. hahahah smile_big.gif

r3xt0n

Posted 19 March 2012 - 09:54 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Mar 19 2012, 02:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Meet a rexton owner in PG during my vacationn to PG , the rexton was seriously underpower 0-100 its about 25 sec, can't uphill at all and the owner still driving it for around 1 year with this unsolved problem , HP pump serviced , service both 5 injector,new turbo, new modulator .. still the same ... the owner nearly give up with the car already...

After few round of testing noticed that the max rail pressure reading was 1380bar !!! it was exactly the Bosh commonrail value , after investigation comfirm that the diesel centre using Bosh Diagnosis tools to do the coding for his rex

Inorder to resolve his problem temporary , i had touched up his ECU map , uplift the rail pressure .. now at least the car doing 1550 bar rail pressure and the power restored .
Adviced him to send his car to fully reset the common rail value by using scan 100.

if any bro encountered under power issue , do check this issue before any parts replacement...

Wow, you like doctor healing all Rexton while on vacation. Maybe should paste a sticker "Dr Rex" so other Rexton owners can identify you easily.

Should recommend him to go for Eco Map instead, then he will fall back in love with his Rexton.

chrisss

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

chrisss

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 19 2012, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, you like doctor healing all Rexton while on vacation. Maybe should paste a sticker "Dr Rex" so other Rexton owners can identify you easily.

Should recommend him to go for Eco Map instead, then he will fall back in love with his Rexton.

yeah, bro neonlee is healing the lame and blind. Next time going to PG, no need to take the bridge, he can just walk across.... :-)))

Great job mate, sure we have a new member for life now. Incredible, that you caught the 1380 bar rail pressure as the culprit. Guess the R&D department of MB in Untertürkheim would not have spotted it right away.

BTW, when is the next opportunity for me to upgrade to power map ???

Cheers,
/C.
Join Rexton Hub on Facebook

Rexton 270 Xdi, black over black leather, 2005
Mods: Eco 2.0 Remap with EGR delete, UR racing bars, RSpro steel brake hoses, Ixion front grille and eyelids, Eco-Tint, HID main & foggies, Hyunkia absorbers, LEDs cabin light, Meguiar detailling job.
Pipeline: Arnott air suspension front & rear, body job front bumper & grille, body kit job rear bumper & double exhaust after removing spare.....To be continued.

allan69

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

allan69

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

I am sure he would feel like owning a new Rex.

My Rex is currently with Ecomap, customized Turbo Vacuum Hose, K&N Drop in Filter, Bendix 4WD Brake Pad (Front & Rear), Petronas Urania SUPREMO CI-4 Lubricant Oil, FUCH TiTAN ATF 3353, Rear Coil Dampener, Tufoil Engine Treatment, HID 4300K, . . . . .

dengri

Posted 19 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

dengri

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 357 posts

Who do you call?

Neonlee ! smile_thumbup.gif

How can I soar with the eagles when I am forced to work with turkeys ?

neonlee

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts

haha sounds weird as Dr .. smile_shock.gif , the owner sent his rex for master reset , awaiting the result..

neonlee

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (chrisss @ Mar 19 2012, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, bro neonlee is healing the lame and blind. Next time going to PG, no need to take the bridge, he can just walk across.... :-)))

Great job mate, sure we have a new member for life now. Incredible, that you caught the 1380 bar rail pressure as the culprit. Guess the R&D department of MB in Untertürkheim would not have spotted it right away.

BTW, when is the next opportunity for me to upgrade to power map ???

Cheers,
/C.

Hahhaha.. "i believe i can fly ~" smile_tongue.gif
Luckily having a the scanner that can read the engine live data to find the culprit,base on the scanner can see the coding is done by 3rd party tools instead of Scan100.

Perhaps can update the power map for you by next gathering smile_big.gif

byebye2u

Posted 19 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
bro peter kena lagi....in betong. ah seng send mechanic and scanner to check..