Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Prevé - 1.6 IAFM M/T, 1.6 IAFM CVT, 1.6 CFE CVT

• Please log in to reply

TheGunner

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:39 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Apr 5 2012, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
u so fast, yesterday only media preview...

launching date 15/4 or 16/4, waiting mr jeep come back to m'sia for launching..

ehh?? smile_big.gifsmile_thumbup.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

tanpanamax

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

tanpanamax

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Apr 5 2012, 12:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Our first drive impressions of the Prevé: Proton Prevé - First Driving Impressions

We tested the IAFM-CVT combo in the Saga FLX SE last year, and whilst the car was mostly pleasant, its was plagued by a very serious three-second throttle response lag. That lag was pleasantly missing in the mid-spec Prevé, and although it did not have the pace of its turbocharged sibling, it was still commendably quick, reaching 150-160kph without too much effort, though with a lot of noise.

a little bit confuse, same engine same VT2... but got lag trotller response?
what about soundproof compare wif saga FLX se? and pick up also... with my current salary i want to buy saga FLX SE 1.6.
should i proceed?

TheGunner

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (tanpanamax @ Apr 5 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a little bit confuse, same engine same VT2... but got lag trotller response?

That was what I felt, and it took me by surprise. It is slower than the turbo version for sure, but not as bad as I expected it to be. Certainly more responsive than what I remembered of the Saga FLX SE.

QUOTE (tanpanamax @ Apr 5 2012, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what about soundproof compare wif saga FLX se? and pick up also... with my current salary i want to buy saga FLX SE 1.6.
should i proceed?

The Preve is definitely better insulated than the Saga. On whether you should buy the FLX SE or not, I suggest you test drive the car first. I personally found its throttle response to be slow and its brakes soft, so unlike most Protons, this is not the enthusiast's choice.

However, if you're looking for a compact sedan with decent boot space and passenger room for four pax, and affordability is a key consideration, then the FLX SE will be a frontrunner choice.

Question ultimately is what are your needs and wants? smile.gif
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

dabdab

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Apr 6 2012, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was what I felt, and it took me by surprise. It is slower than the turbo version for sure, but not as bad as I expected it to be. Certainly more responsive than what I remembered of the Saga FLX SE.

The Preve is definitely better insulated than the Saga. On whether you should buy the FLX SE or not, I suggest you test drive the car first. I personally found its throttle response to be slow and its brakes soft, so unlike most Protons, this is not the enthusiast's choice.

However, if you're looking for a compact sedan with decent boot space and passenger room for four pax, and affordability is a key consideration, then the FLX SE will be a frontrunner choice.

i think if anyone into buying exora or preve. go straight to CFE. if can afford.
anyway saga flx se cheaper premium choice if budget concerned, serve well for family of 4 or 5 if kids still small.
maybe to get exora cps or preve 1afm + im affraid after a few month there will be a nagging for dissatisfaction power.

liberty03

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:39 AM

liberty03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Nothing against Proton. Please consider beyond price if you can afford, stay away with Proton. I own 2 Proton cars - FLX (Y2011) and Wira (Y2000). Anyway both cars driven by my son - Wira OK, but FLX fail. I have spoken to Proton as well as their vendors and thethe conclusion is they make as requested. So my perception, our mentallity in designing cars still like "Ah Beng", sorry to say. Not only at lower level, but goes up to decision maker.

Not only Proton, but their Service Centre (or authorised), they like to suck the customer. They like to put something that is not on the list. I use to drive SATRIA, good car but again lack of service.

vediaz

Posted 06 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

vediaz

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
QUOTE (liberty03 @ Apr 6 2012, 09:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nothing against Proton. Please consider beyond price if you can afford, stay away with Proton. I own 2 Proton cars - FLX (Y2011) and Wira (Y2000). Anyway both cars driven by my son - Wira OK, but FLX fail. I have spoken to Proton as well as their vendors and thethe conclusion is they make as requested. So my perception, our mentallity in designing cars still like "Ah Beng", sorry to say. Not only at lower level, but goes up to decision maker.

Not only Proton, but their Service Centre (or authorised), they like to suck the customer. They like to put something that is not on the list. I use to drive SATRIA, good car but again lack of service.

Do this pervert come with life power window warranty like my 1.6 flx SE?

Knocking rear brake as well?
Vediaz

mahmoody

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:19 PM

mahmoody

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

How is the Engine noise compared to Persona Elegant.
moody

tanpanamax

Posted 06 April 2012 - 10:45 PM

tanpanamax

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts

i saw preve spect at other site, state got 1600kg of weigh compare wif saga FLX se that come with 1080kg.
for IAFM+, u dont feel any underpower?

TheGunner

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (tanpanamax @ Apr 6 2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i saw preve spect at other site, state got 1600kg of weigh compare wif saga FLX se that come with 1080kg.
for IAFM+, u dont feel any underpower?

Not to me, but I must also note that the performance gap with the CFE model was also pretty apparent.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:46 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (mahmoody @ Apr 6 2012, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How is the Engine noise compared to Persona Elegant.

Noticeably quieter on the CFE, more or less same with the IAFM.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner