Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Prevé - 1.6 IAFM M/T, 1.6 IAFM CVT, 1.6 CFE CVT

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 28 December 2013 - 06:40 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts

greeting everyone, i am also struggling between a preve or Exora or persona sv.

90% of driving will be spending on city, highway only occasionally during holiday. the reading i hv done understand that all above model do well on highway but they are vary on city drive.

My question about their performance:
- how good is the respond to move the car from full stop in front of traffic light? (cfe optimum torgue kicks in after 2k rpm right)the gap from 1k rpm to 2k rpm is easily passed when u revved the engine.thus u dont have to worry abt that,its not like the engine did not produce any power below 2k rpm.i will pull as usual and when in boost it pulls easier.
- would it be like dragging a cow to tree kinda way of driving the car under traffic jam condition?u need to get used to the cvt then only u can adjust to the driving character.its not just proton,all cvt equipped vehicle are like this.its not abt how much power or when the power is deliver,its abt how it deliver the power.and no,its not like dragging something tied to a tree.
- how was it perform if going up hill like genting? (normal family trip way of driving )i have no complain.6 adult up cameron,with smiling face.
- i know they are petrol hungry type of engine but how far it will push?its not like other force induction engine.its far from refine.i havent done constant calculation but best i got is 12km/l.moderate driving

my thought/dilemma:
- persona SV would be a good value for money buy but it come with older tech n specs. rm45k cant complaint right?agreed.
- Exora and Preve have the same CFE engine, exora has the space and riding height which i like, preve have all the safety feature it can offer among the Cseg range in budget. also both can act as family car for 4 people.if u have only 2 child and the baby factory is shut down,i suggest the preve.it have enough space and will reward u when u want to go for a weekend drive.exora wins on huge space only.
- Inspira is actually in my top list but since it is out of budget, put it away smile_disapprove.gif

i test drive persona before but that was the older version and i kinda have a bad impression to it as maybe the test car was overly abuse by tester. what i can remember is noisy NVH on the cabin and the engine reeving sound is too obvious to ignore, this happend even when the SA trying to talk to me and he had to raise his voice smile_tongue.gif

never test drive Preve or Exora, but had experience in sitting into colleague Preve CFE for a short drive to Lunch but that time i did not pay attention to the car so i dun really can recall anything about it except the GPS display is sux as there is no map but it still nagivating. smile_blackeye.gif

i am waiting for raya 2014 to see if there is any attractive promo but now would be a good time to start understanding them.

Hope all sifu can shine my way to the right choice.

Than you. smile.gif

choice is up to u.u also note that most driving is done in the city thus a car that is easy to manouver should be in yr list.
i strongly suggest u go for a test drive,bring yr family along during the test.

davidlow7

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:41 AM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (ting81 @ Dec 28 2013, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
greeting everyone, i am also struggling between a preve or Exora or persona sv.

90% of driving will be spending on city, highway only occasionally during holiday. the reading i hv done understand that all above model do well on highway but they are vary on city drive.

My question about their performance:
- how good is the respond to move the car from full stop in front of traffic light? (cfe optimum torgue kicks in after 2k rpm right)the gap from 1k rpm to 2k rpm is easily passed when u revved the engine.thus u dont have to worry abt that,its not like the engine did not produce any power below 2k rpm.i will pull as usual and when in boost it pulls easier.
- would it be like dragging a cow to tree kinda way of driving the car under traffic jam condition?u need to get used to the cvt then only u can adjust to the driving character.its not just proton,all cvt equipped vehicle are like this.its not abt how much power or when the power is deliver,its abt how it deliver the power.and no,its not like dragging something tied to a tree.
- how was it perform if going up hill like genting? (normal family trip way of driving )i have no complain.6 adult up cameron,with smiling face.
- i know they are petrol hungry type of engine but how far it will push?its not like other force induction engine.its far from refine.i havent done constant calculation but best i got is 12km/l.moderate driving

my thought/dilemma:
- persona SV would be a good value for money buy but it come with older tech n specs. rm45k cant complaint right?agreed.
- Exora and Preve have the same CFE engine, exora has the space and riding height which i like, preve have all the safety feature it can offer among the Cseg range in budget. also both can act as family car for 4 people.if u have only 2 child and the baby factory is shut down,i suggest the preve.it have enough space and will reward u when u want to go for a weekend drive.exora wins on huge space only.
- Inspira is actually in my top list but since it is out of budget, put it away smile_disapprove.gif

i test drive persona before but that was the older version and i kinda have a bad impression to it as maybe the test car was overly abuse by tester. what i can remember is noisy NVH on the cabin and the engine reeving sound is too obvious to ignore, this happend even when the SA trying to talk to me and he had to raise his voice smile_tongue.gif

never test drive Preve or Exora, but had experience in sitting into colleague Preve CFE for a short drive to Lunch but that time i did not pay attention to the car so i dun really can recall anything about it except the GPS display is sux as there is no map but it still nagivating. smile_blackeye.gif

i am waiting for raya 2014 to see if there is any attractive promo but now would be a good time to start understanding them.

Hope all sifu can shine my way to the right choice.

Than you. smile.gif

Actually most of these cars have its advantages and disadvantages but really seeing which is your most important one and which are the benefits that you can possibly give up in turn for a more important one.

I also currently have some selection dilemma in between the New Persona SV and the Preve Exec as I am not too prepared to spend so much on a depreciation-asset (see this is the first factor in choosing the right car - Budget)

Then it comes to Preve Exec
- Like: Spaciousness, Newer-Design, Better looking dashboard than Persona, ESC, 6 air-bags
- Dislike: Possibly higher FC than Persona SV, Possibly Slow Pick-Up, CVT whining is too loud, car is too new to be problem-free?, Bigger rim comes with higher cost for tyre replacement

Then Persona SV
- Like: Matured model, remaining known issues are already with workarounds/solutions, Value-For-Money, Decent Power
- Dislike: Less fuel-efficiency, Dashboard Designs, Probably an EOL (End-of-Life) model

End of the day I think it really comes back to our own personal preference to see which model's like > the other model's like. Like for that car also need to match with one's like for his wallet thickness by end of every month. Factoring in the dislike for problematic that require you to make frequent visit to SC also another nightmare.... End of the day you choice should prepared you for the risk/problems you might be facing, at the same time also enjoying them (hopefully)...

ting81

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:48 PM

ting81

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
thank you @gunnerzz @davidlow7 for your reply, i went for the test drive earlier, both i tested drive from the showroom,

-Exora has the softer/comfy suspension which handle bump n hole better while preve is more to sport setting so it is abit stiff, feels more or less with my current high/low adjustable.
-Exora has the sport type of gear interface while preve is straight from top to bottom with +- on the left and of course, paddle shift (yummy! )
-Exora throttle response is slower than preve from full stop infront of traffic light.
-Exora need step deeper on the brake when need to stop faster
-Exora has quiter cabin NHV compare preve as i observe base on the 2 test unit i tried, exora done 8k milage while preve is... just 3k XD
-while they share the same engine and gearbox, preve engine noise is higher when revving
-roof of Exora is kinda kosong when knock and the roof carpet is not nicely stick to its top, you can feel the gap when pushing it.

* persona sv no stock yet until somewhere Feb/Mar 2014 but can place order
** almost able to get 2012 inspira 1.8 MT with 13k discount but too bad it out of stock (last 2 unit when i place my order)

i am going for a final test drive soon to do my final decision.

Thank you smile.gif

ting81

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

ting81

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
at the end, i booked preve after test drive both again biggrin.gif

davidlow7

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:57 AM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (ting81 @ Jan 10 2014, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at the end, i booked preve after test drive both again biggrin.gif

Great to hear that...

Which colour do you choose?

I am about to place my order too.. still have something holding me back..

secondly is the colour range are not nice in my opinion. Can only accept white and black but dislike the hassle of maintaining it...

If it comes with Suprima's atlantic blue, i would not hesitate it

ting81

Posted 19 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

ting81

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (davidlow7 @ Jan 13 2014, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great to hear that...

Which colour do you choose?

I am about to place my order too.. still have something holding me back..

secondly is the colour range are not nice in my opinion. Can only accept white and black but dislike the hassle of maintaining it...

If it comes with Suprima's atlantic blue, i would not hesitate it

the feelings is mutual, i like suprima blue too but never had it on preve,

got myself black, gonna do coating and maintain as much as i could.

if all doc got done on time, i shld be getting it next thur/fri, RHB with 2.76%.

davidlow7

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (ting81 @ Jan 19 2014, 10:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the feelings is mutual, i like suprima blue too but never had it on preve,

got myself black, gonna do coating and maintain as much as i could.

if all doc got done on time, i shld be getting it next thur/fri, RHB with 2.76%.

The black Preve is nice..

But you gonna be really consistent to keep it shines... I am not sure if I can do that although I love the black so much.. just like the white..

I am likely to go for the apek Silver

ting81

Posted 21 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

ting81

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
QUOTE (davidlow7 @ Jan 20 2014, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The black Preve is nice..

But you gonna be really consistent to keep it shines... I am not sure if I can do that although I love the black so much.. just like the white..

I am likely to go for the apek Silver

2013 stock is limited, sa still trying to get black for me...due to the time constrain..i told him asal black, silver or brown will do... let see if i can get it this week... or not smile_blackeye.gif

davidlow7

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:55 AM

davidlow7

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
QUOTE (ting81 @ Jan 21 2014, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2013 stock is limited, sa still trying to get black for me...due to the time constrain..i told him asal black, silver or brown will do... let see if i can get it this week... or not smile_blackeye.gif

I have asked for a Silver.... or Black is my 2nd choice..
SA told me Brown has ready stock...

But if I can't get 2013 stock with these colours then I will cancel buying Preve this time around.. maybe downgrade to Persona SV will do biggrin.gif

simongs

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:41 PM

simongs

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
as previous owner of persona se iafm & current owner of preve cfe i think i am entitled to giv my opinion based on my experiences..i regret buying the preve as it is nvr economical for city driving as being an heavier car more throttle input is needed to get it going in town...compared back to back against persona...persona consumption is better than preve in town & throttle response is more sharper...

but in long distances the preve gives quite good n decent figures when it come to FC against the persona...

we have to work the throttle hard in D mode to get the preve going "powerfully" n to feel the turbo..in S mode eventhough it behaves as though its powerful but in reality it just feels like running the engine on high rpm..the top speed on both modes are all the same only...the mid range power is really commendable..

now my view is anyne is considering between persona n preve cfe...its most advisable to buy the persona...its better in the sense that its less problematic