Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Car Knocked From The Back!

• Please log in to reply

tomatoman

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

tomatoman

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi bros,

My car was knocked behind. police report made. I have only third party insurance. What option i have? Can i claim against my own insurer so they can claim the other party insurer on my behalf? Do i need to fork $$ out the repair work?

Thanks

ain206

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (tomatoman @ Mar 11 2012, 11:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bros,

My car was knocked behind. police report made. I have only third party insurance. What option i have? Can i claim against my own insurer so they can claim the other party insurer on my behalf? Do i need to fork $$ out the repair work?

Thanks

Since you only have a third party coverage, sorry, your only option is to claim again ther pary who knock you from behind. There is no option by your insurer to make the claim on your behalf.

vr2turbo

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,464 posts
Yup, 3rd party cannot claim your own insurance.... smile_sad.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
I think TS means to claim KFK from his own insurer.
Since the car behind hit you, I'll assume most likely it is 100% the other party's fault.
Which means (assume) that you can claim the other party insurance.

But whether you can claim through KFK , you need to call up your insurer to check.
However, there should not be problem to claim direct 3rd party from the other party's insurer.
"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous