Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Redline D4 Atf... Anyone Using On Their Rondo?

• Please log in to reply

joeylow

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

joeylow

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
Guys,

Just wanna check if anyone is using Redline D4 ATF(fully syn ATF that is SP-III compatible) on their RONDO or NAZA cars? I heard lots of good things about it. Not too sure if it is OK on our AT box.

Joey
joeylow

DIY blog... jlowprojects.blogspot.com (About my Rondo too)

awestone

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:03 AM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (joeylow @ Mar 10 2012, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys,

Just wanna check if anyone is using Redline D4 ATF(fully syn ATF that is SP-III compatible) on their RONDO or NAZA cars? I heard lots of good things about it. Not too sure if it is OK on our AT box.

Joey

hi there... i just had my rondo atf fluid changed yesterday (40k servisce interval).. i decided to use Mitsubishi DiaQueen ATF SPIII,... but now m having some doubts

1. m not sure if the fluid is of the same specs as the Mitsubishi Diamond ATF SPIII specified in the manual...
2. and since rondo is using the cvt tranny, we cant simply pour in any general atf fluid.,.... and i came across an article in the net stating that the diamond ATF SPIII is not suitable for cvt tranny.....

HELP... ANYONE????

setisfai

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

setisfai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Bro, I believe our Rondo spec globally is running on normal 4 AT Torque converter type and none on CVT type transmission.

awestone

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:10 PM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (setisfai @ Mar 12 2012, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, I believe our Rondo spec globally is running on normal 4 AT Torque converter type and none on CVT type transmission.

setisfai.. r u sure when u said that ours is the normal 4AT type and not the CVVT type coz when i searched the net i stumbled upon following description:

Engine Type 2.0 DOHC CVVT (http://kia.autodealers.com.my/car-kia-rondo-specification.html)

mahmoody

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:57 PM

mahmoody

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (awestone @ Mar 12 2012, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
setisfai.. r u sure when u said that ours is the normal 4AT type and not the CVVT type coz when i searched the net i stumbled upon following description:

Engine Type 2.0 DOHC CVVT (http://kia.autodealers.com.my/car-kia-rondo-specification.html)

CVVT is Engine Spec. not transmission spec. CVVT is variable valve timing. CVT is gearless tarnsmission or Continous Variable Transmission. Our Rondo is using the normal 4AT gear.
moody

setisfai

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

setisfai

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts
Yes our Rondo engine is on version I which has CVVT on intake only while the version II (in forte 2.0) has dual CVVT.

CVT on the other hand is more complicated than normal 4AT transmission in terms of maintenance, overhauling and some had issue with our humid weather condition, overheating etc.

So bro Awestone I guess the ATF oil that you mention has no problem with our Rondo normal 4AT transmission.

awestone

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

awestone

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
QUOTE (setisfai @ Mar 13 2012, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes our Rondo engine is on version I which has CVVT on intake only while the version II (in forte 2.0) has dual CVVT.

CVT on the other hand is more complicated than normal 4AT transmission in terms of maintenance, overhauling and some had issue with our humid weather condition, overheating etc.

So bro Awestone I guess the ATF oil that you mention has no problem with our Rondo normal 4AT transmission.

thanks to both of u... i just need to be sure that i didnt pour in the wrong specs atf oil.