Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Berlingo Ii

• Please log in to reply

tckuan

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

tckuan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
hi there, any berlingo owner here? i just bought a 2nd hand berlingo II and found out there is a 'service sign-spanner logo' at the millage panel, how to 'disable' it? it's a 2003 car with 74k km. any pointers on what to service/change? thanks.

ensaaj1969

Posted 08 March 2012 - 06:50 PM

ensaaj1969

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
QUOTE (tckuan @ Mar 8 2012, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi there, any berlingo owner here? i just bought a 2nd hand berlingo II and found out there is a 'service sign-spanner logo' at the millage panel, how to 'disable' it? it's a 2003 car with 74k km. any pointers on what to service/change? thanks.

Hi tckuan

I just bought a second hand Citroen car as well. Spend some of my free time reading about car lately. Most of modern car are equipped with controller aerial network (can) communication protocol that allow information sharing between ecu. Citroen may be use other communication protocol, but onboard diagnostic ecu provide you with that information. If you disble the communication from ecu that read your engine status and condition, other ECUs may be affected I guess

Some of the service center has a the protocol compliant scan tool to detect the status of control system and modules of your car. What you are trying to do is one of the main concern by many car manufacturer, and they may have installed a strategy on one of the ecu to protect your car, but not the owner. I no nothing about car, but I suggest you to follow what is advice in the maintenance manual, if any
Abdul aziz jaafar
My Best Old Man Toy : Citroen C4 2005

human

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:00 PM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (tckuan @ Mar 8 2012, 07:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

congratulation for your berlingo, to make piece of mind, i recommend you to change engine oil and gear oil. Check also your water tank, if no water please check radiator condition. Please put coolant as well to prevent any rust and clog your radiator. Yours is 74KM and i recommend you to change timing belt once you reach 80K KM (manufacturer recommend to change timing belt every 80K KM) . If you change your timing belt, please change your water pump as well regardless your water pump in good condition or not (water pump normally have same life span with timing belt and interconnected with timing belt,this purpose to minimize labor cost - buat sekali lah senang).

The cost is vary depend on workshop labor cost but if i'm not mistaken spare part item for water pump around 130 and timing belt around 50. For bearing and oil seal i can't remember correctly between 50 - 100.

In case you DIY, please follow procedure below
1. switch ignition off
2. Press and hold button located at bottom speedometer
3. switch ignition on (do not start the engine)
4. Press and hold for 10 second
if you successfully, spanner symbol will disappear. good luck

tckuan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:55 AM

tckuan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
tq 'human' for ur reply. actually the car was sent to my mechanic after ownership transfer. he changed engine oil, filter, timing belt (not sure about water pump), wiper and gear bushing (broken during his test drive), clutch cable (since i feel its quite stiff). planning to install alarm, reverse sensor and tinting (huge window areas).

will ask him to try the procedure to 'cancel' the symbol. any other things to look for? how about absorber/spring? would like to make sure everything ok before using it.

zulfa

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:45 PM

zulfa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts
QUOTE (tckuan @ Mar 9 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tq 'human' for ur reply. actually the car was sent to my mechanic after ownership transfer. he changed engine oil, filter, timing belt (not sure about water pump), wiper and gear bushing (broken during his test drive), clutch cable (since i feel its quite stiff). planning to install alarm, reverse sensor and tinting (huge window areas).

will ask him to try the procedure to 'cancel' the symbol. any other things to look for? how about absorber/spring? would like to make sure everything ok before using it.

I think you can omit the alarm......citroen is quite safe on its own..however the central lock might be useful.....safe drive!!
405 - designed by pininfarina, even peugeot doesn't make cars like it anymore!<BR><P><A href="http://www.autoworld...lfa&CID=">zulfa 405 gallery</A></P>

tckuan

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

tckuan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
just took the car for short town drive, in the rain. need to get used to 'opposite' side for wiper, signal, lights etc. some questions..
-berlingo got immobilizer? got red blinking light after switch off engine, since the dealer only pass me 1 key, plan to duplicate another 1, possible?
-for alarm, acc shop guy say new alarm sys might kacau immobilizer etc, true?
-mech having problem dismantle the nuts to change timing belt etc.
-can i install any brand of reverse sensor?
-mech say citroen uses 100% coolant, without mixing with water, true?
-i think the car 'fuel cap' is spoilt, i open it using key and the whole cap 'detached' with the key, no hinges whatsoever. would it be dangerous? relying purely on the quality of the rubber seal?

thanks.
ps. more queries coming......thanks for ur time.

human

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:46 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (tckuan @ Mar 9 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If no sound produce from your suspension set, it ok lar.. or if you feel the suspension too stiff or too soft so you have to change the suspension set (the problem for this method of testing is it become subjective depend on person experience). You can ask the forummer to evaluate your suspension set or ask your reliable and trusted mechanic to evaluate for you.

P/s: remember few years back i always kena conned by mechanic to change most spare part in my car ..damn

human

Posted 10 March 2012 - 01:48 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (zulfa @ Mar 9 2012, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you can omit the alarm......citroen is quite safe on its own..however the central lock might be useful.....safe drive!!

agree with you zulfa.. that the best about citroen.. no need to lock your door hahaha

Where are you going , very seldom you active in this forum lately?

human

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:11 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (tckuan @ Mar 9 2012, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just took the car for short town drive, in the rain. need to get used to 'opposite' side for wiper, signal, lights etc. some questions..
-berlingo got immobilizer? got red blinking light after switch off engine, since the dealer only pass me 1 key, plan to duplicate another 1, possible?
-for alarm, acc shop guy say new alarm sys might kacau immobilizer etc, true?
-mech having problem dismantle the nuts to change timing belt etc.
-can i install any brand of reverse sensor?
-mech say citroen uses 100% coolant, without mixing with water, true?
-i think the car 'fuel cap' is spoilt, i open it using key and the whole cap 'detached' with the key, no hinges whatsoever. would it be dangerous? relying purely on the quality of the rubber seal?

thanks.
ps. more queries coming......thanks for ur time.

Answer
1. Immobilizer, if i'm not mistaken one of our forummer have done that, but the price is very high from brokeland. My recommendation is better you forget it because citroen is really cold car, nobody wants to steal it hahaha
2. I'm not sure, but citroen original alarm have few security system.. for example citroen alarm system have change their unlock code every time you unlock the car. This is to prevent someone from copy your alarm code frequency and reuse it to open your car with same signal.
3. Is the timing belt nut has a rust which make the job impossible? if no, change your mechanic to brand new
4. You can install any brand of reverse sensor as long it can detect nearer object.
5. Just use 2 litre of coolant and mix with the water. You can get citreon original coolant around RM 30 - RM40. No harm will be done if you put 100 percent coolant except it will harm your pocket. The reason cooland need to be added is to avoid corrosion inside radiator and engine hence clog your car. They also act to increase water boiling level from 100 degree celcius to 1xx degree celcius. As per instruction from the bottle, 2 litre is sufficient to do the job.
6. Just change the fuel cap, cheap only rather you risk your petrol mix with water coming in through broken fuel cap.

You are welcome to send more queries. This is the reason why we are here right..so that we can exchange our knowledge

tckuan

Posted 10 March 2012 - 07:02 AM

tckuan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
QUOTE (human @ Mar 10 2012, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Answer
1. Immobilizer, if i'm not mistaken one of our forummer have done that, but the price is very high from brokeland. My recommendation is better you forget it because citroen is really cold car, nobody wants to steal it hahaha
2. I'm not sure, but citroen original alarm have few security system.. for example citroen alarm system have change their unlock code every time you unlock the car. This is to prevent someone from copy your alarm code frequency and reuse it to open your car with same signal.
3. Is the timing belt nut has a rust which make the job impossible? if no, change your mechanic to brand new
4. You can install any brand of reverse sensor as long it can detect nearer object.
5. Just use 2 litre of coolant and mix with the water. You can get citreon original coolant around RM 30 - RM40. No harm will be done if you put 100 percent coolant except it will harm your pocket. The reason cooland need to be added is to avoid corrosion inside radiator and engine hence clog your car. They also act to increase water boiling level from 100 degree celcius to 1xx degree celcius. As per instruction from the bottle, 2 litre is sufficient to do the job.
6. Just change the fuel cap, cheap only rather you risk your petrol mix with water coming in through broken fuel cap.

You are welcome to send more queries. This is the reason why we are here right..so that we can exchange our knowledge

1. actually thinking of keeping a spare key just in case. does that mean normal key shop won't be able to duplicate it?
2. will ask other acc shop whether can fix alarm with remote, for ease of locking car. manually locking the car is bit troublesome esp rainy days.
3. mech say the nuts are 'virgin', never loosen before, haha.
4. for coolant i will ask my spare part provider (a relative) to confirm.
5. actually fuel cap is not broken, it's just there is no hinge attached to it. when open with key the whole cap unit come off. close back perfectly, may be need to change the cap rubber trim only.