Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Video: Kembara Skidded On Nshw

• Please log in to reply

N16EX

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

N16EX

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 333 posts
video

Wonder why the car skidded. A friend suffered similar accident when driving his BMW E34 years back. The car just spun out of control suddenly, and yes it was also raining.

byebye2u

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
he is too fast in the heavy rain.

rallychamp

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
that's what we call "aquaplanning"

perhaps he abruptly release the throttle making the kembara rear goes fishy and finding its way to the drain on the roadside laugh.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

Gunnerzz

Posted 07 March 2012 - 06:47 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Mar 7 2012, 01:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's what we call "aquaplanning"

perhaps he abruptly release the throttle making the kembara rear goes fishy and finding its way to the drain on the roadside laugh.gif

Thats the driver'ss fault
If one have experienced driving SUV at high speed (>90kmh) on the highway in heavy rain, he/she would agree with my opinion. 90kmh for an SUV is too fast in heavy rain even more if using cheap2 rubber of AT rubber.
At this speed, if the driver is a good driver, he can actually feel through the steering and the seat that the vehicle is actually skidding left and right, its small movement but u can feel it. This happen regardless of weight being carried on board.

One more thing i notice is the way water is dissipated by the tyres. The spray angle is narrow unlike most tyres used by pickup or other SUV. Their tyres have broader spray angle which makes the driver behind have a hard time seeing ahead if he is following to close. IMHO broader spray angle means the rubber is getting rid of water better thus providing more contact between the rubber and the road.
Narrow means some water is getting in between the rubber and the road.
Just a layman theory though.....

byebye2u

Posted 07 March 2012 - 07:35 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Mar 7 2012, 06:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats the driver'ss fault
If one have experienced driving SUV at high speed (>90kmh) on the highway in heavy rain, he/she would agree with my opinion. 90kmh for an SUV is too fast in heavy rain even more if using cheap2 rubber of AT rubber.
At this speed, if the driver is a good driver, he can actually feel through the steering and the seat that the vehicle is actually skidding left and right, its small movement but u can feel it. This happen regardless of weight being carried on board.

One more thing i notice is the way water is dissipated by the tyres. The spray angle is narrow unlike most tyres used by pickup or other SUV. Their tyres have broader spray angle which makes the driver behind have a hard time seeing ahead if he is following to close. IMHO broader spray angle means the rubber is getting rid of water better thus providing more contact between the rubber and the road.
Narrow means some water is getting in between the rubber and the road.
Just a layman theory though.....

yeaaahhh bro....you're right

some SUV comes with 245,255 and even 275 or wider tyre. heavy rain sure feel like motoboat even with new tyre or the system comes with AWD.......cari pasal

sometime need to slow to 50,60 kmh if the rain real heavy............but I've seen myvi doing 140 to 150kmh during heavy rain..tak takut mati.

mosh

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts

recently i've driven around 70-80 kmh in a heavy rain and suddenly the car goes side way, luckily skidded to a lesser wet side of the road and stabilize.. smile_blackeye.gif

monroe

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

monroe

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
Here is another one taken from Cari forum, lucky for the Myvi driver smile_dead.gif
http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded

vr2turbo

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
The Mercedes was doing 90kmh, so the Kembara must be at 100 plus to overtake so fast. Probably still with OE tyres and half worn..... smile_shock.gif

The Myvi driver is lucky. Have seen many overturned...... smile_blackeye.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 8 2012, 02:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mercedes was doing 90kmh, so the Kembara must be at 100 plus to overtake so fast. Probably still with OE tyres and half worn..... smile_shock.gif

The Myvi driver is lucky. Have seen many overturned...... smile_blackeye.gif

That one is a Viva right....even worst than Myvi. Super skinny rubber and very light body.

My Michelin only had 40% left on the front and will skid on a wet surface if pushed a little hard.
Scary but it can teach one to learn his vehicle inside out.

Advise is...slow down when it rains regardless what tyre u used.

onetree710

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:59 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Mar 8 2012, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
recently i've driven around 70-80 kmh in a heavy rain and suddenly the car goes side way, luckily skidded to a lesser wet side of the road and stabilize.. smile_blackeye.gif

Hi mosh,

Was the tyre new or worn?
I had the same experience with a half worn Michelin XM1 and it was a hell of a scary moment.