Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Iafm Replacement

• Please log in to reply

mosh

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:12 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
my iafm unit behave normally pulak during the checking... like scared to see doctor.. hmm

then i proceed to clean throttle body and pedal tuning.. tested, the car zoom zoom zoom..
then been poison to rebore.. i.. errr... errrr poisoned smile_tongue.gif

then yesterday whack the car in MIMC circuit 059.gif

jasondotcom

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

jasondotcom

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Sep 10 2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my iafm unit behave normally pulak during the checking... like scared to see doctor.. hmm

then i proceed to clean throttle body and pedal tuning.. tested, the car zoom zoom zoom..

Ooo... the front bumper is almost scrapping the tarmac. dude, if not mistaken its a automatic? Can tahan kah the tranny? can you share with me what you've done to boost its overall performance?

Ok i know about how to go about to clean the TB. Now, how do you do the pedal tuning?

mosh

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (jasondotcom @ Sep 11 2012, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ooo... the front bumper is almost scrapping the tarmac. dude, if not mistaken its a automatic? Can tahan kah the tranny? can you share with me what you've done to boost its overall performance?

Ok i know about how to go about to clean the TB. Now, how do you do the pedal tuning?

yes it automatics. the tranny can tahan for me la.. but others i dunno...

i'll still stick with the stock setup and to say "boost".. its kinnda too much. i've seen much more powerful and heavy mod persona around that makes my car look puny..

the pedal respond tuning... the mech did it for me.. i saw he fix another pedal next to my existing pedal. disconnect some cables, turn on the engin w/o starting.. take out some fuse from the fuse box and somewhere somehow the pedal respond is diffrent and much more improved.

aussie proton just launched a full spec persona elegance with a manual tranny.. it makes me really jealous :-(

slushmatic

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:10 PM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Sep 15 2012, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aussie proton just launched a full spec persona elegance with a manual tranny.. it makes me really jealous :-(

No need to be jealous - proper auto tranny better anyway if you know how to exploit it wink.gif
'Do average things - get average results'

victorhoh

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

victorhoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts
The throttle response of stock Persona is already quite abrupt. It feels as if I am doing WOT by just 20% throttle. What you mean by better throttle response after the tuning?

mosh

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (victorhoh @ Sep 16 2012, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The throttle response of stock Persona is already quite abrupt. It feels as if I am doing WOT by just 20% throttle. What you mean by better throttle response after the tuning?

my layman explaination..

last time.. i press the pedal.. the car move but slowly ( still got delay as per fly by wire sensor thingy )...
after tuning.. you press the pedal abit ( still got delay just a lil bit ).. but the car move quick.
hey.. im not promoting any workshop or tuners.. this is my personal experience. its up to you to decide.
plus its cheap. below RM 80 for throttle body cleaning in and out plus pedal respond tuning.

babyevil82

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:53 AM

babyevil82

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Sep 18 2012, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my layman explaination..

last time.. i press the pedal.. the car move but slowly ( still got delay as per fly by wire sensor thingy )...
after tuning.. you press the pedal abit ( still got delay just a lil bit ).. but the car move quick.
hey.. im not promoting any workshop or tuners.. this is my personal experience. its up to you to decide.
plus its cheap. below RM 80 for throttle body cleaning in and out plus pedal respond tuning.

Below RM80?So cheap...Does it including reflash ECU?
I go reflash ECU,clean throat body and tune pedal height cost me RM250.
Anyway I found that my IAFM tak tak sound getting louder, any opinion how to overcome it?Advice repair or replace?Thanks

jasondotcom

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

jasondotcom

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
QUOTE (babyevil82 @ Sep 19 2012, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Below RM80?So cheap...Does it including reflash ECU?
I go reflash ECU,clean throat body and tune pedal height cost me RM250.
Anyway I found that my IAFM tak tak sound getting louder, any opinion how to overcome it?Advice repair or replace?Thanks

Mosh never said anything to do with reflash ecu. IAFM noise? Please have it confirmed at the SC and replace accordingly. There is no way to repair it (as far as i know). It will cost you around 300+ (forgot the actual price) for a new unit.

mosh

Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:43 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (jasondotcom @ Sep 20 2012, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mosh never said anything to do with reflash ecu. IAFM noise? Please have it confirmed at the SC and replace accordingly. There is no way to repair it (as far as i know). It will cost you around 300+ (forgot the actual price) for a new unit.

ya la.. where got reflash ECU... ? if got money got to EMS or piggyback hehehe...

actually there is a way to repair it but if its worst. replacement needed. the repair work i mention is to reopen back and reassemble back the thing. our IAFM is made of plastic, this thing sure expand when hot and the plastic material wud be affected. but if your IAFM is really kong by the very very very loud tak tak sound.. it probably need replacement.

some friends bypass IAFM by removing the intake and replace with aftermarket intake such as velocity, Skunk2 and others, some use back the older Iron cast Gen2 intake. you will encounter loss at low end but with some modification and aftermarket stuff. it shud be better a bit.

Gunnerzz

Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Sep 10 2012, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Almost into tripod mode....u need better suspension...hehehe another poison.