Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Autofoam Ultimateplus

• Please log in to reply

simoniz

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
Just to recap, I did the Comfort package + B-pillar 2 months ago..

Last friday when to KL Auto and did the Sports Package, but instead of B-Pillar which already autofoamed, they did for me the C and D pillar.

With all the combination, Comfort, Side Sill, A,B,C,D pillar, I decided to call it Autofoam UltimatePlus, hence the title of this topic.

First drive out form KL Auto, feel like driving my truck, the body is very rigid. When going over pothole, before I could feel it in the chassis which is very "heart pain" if you know what I mean, and I always go down and check the Rim because it almost feel like the tyre compresses so much until the Rim hit the edge of the pothole.

Now it is a different story altogether. When I going over pothole, I feel the tyre is doing the job absorbing the impact. No "heart pain" anymore.

Steering very responsive, at speed and make a sudden overtaking maneuver (of course I check all my mirrors and side/front first before doing it), the car like planted almost flat on the ground, its amazing. I have not tried high speed cornering yet as bro Adrwoon using his YF, but definitely cornering speed has been increase and with more confidence.

It doesn't feel like a salon car anymore, it feels more like a sports salon car. My suspensions system is still stock standard but it seems like more firmer now. Previously when going over speed bump at very very low speed (those shopping complex speed bump) have soft bounce and I must say is comfortable and what a salon car should behave. Now it is stiffer and the feels like the suspension compresses only once. Why? I don't know, maybe the body doesn't flex anymore.

High speed driving over bent and uneven road smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif , very addictive and makes you want to do it again and again. Because now is tighter and can take tighter cornering angle.. smile_tongue.gif

Tyre noise decrease a bit...... but some other noise intrudes into the cabin. smile_cry.gif

When stopping at the traffic light early in the morning when traffic is at the minimal, surrounding is quiet, I can here the engine and the aircond compressor sound which quite loud and intruding... smile_sad.gif

During the day when the road busier, it's not so noticeable.

Other than this issue, I enjoying it every minute driving it around and while typing this, subconsciously thinking where can I go and take my car for a spin.. smile_cool.gif

fing30.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 05 March 2012 - 03:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
I understand more now on the noise issue as you mention other noise have intrudes into the cabin after my visit to KL Auto.
Was in Desmond office and he gave a very good example. We were talking and the audio sets was on with the fan on at quite a fast speed. He asked what I will hear the most when we stop talking, so I mentioned the audio set. Then he went and switched down the volume, and instantly we could hear the fans wind noise.
As explained sound proofing is to cut down noise, but not a total cut. Cutting down on one noise, then hearing another is very common and have to be tackle bit by bit as far as I know.
For those who thinks sound proofing is totally cutting out all sound and noise, think again. Each individual have a different level individually, whether in sound proof, tyre performance, ice sound quality and so on.
Don't jump into it and later mention no improvement at all...... smile_tongue.gif

simoniz

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Mar 5 2012, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I understand more now on the noise issue as you mention other noise have intrudes into the cabin after my visit to KL Auto.
Was in Desmond office and he gave a very good example. We were talking and the audio sets was on with the fan on at quite a fast speed. He asked what I will hear the most when we stop talking, so I mentioned the audio set. Then he went and switched down the volume, and instantly we could hear the fans wind noise.
As explained sound proofing is to cut down noise, but not a total cut. Cutting down on one noise, then hearing another is very common and have to be tackle bit by bit as far as I know.
For those who thinks sound proofing is totally cutting out all sound and noise, think again. Each individual have a different level individually, whether in sound proof, tyre performance, ice sound quality and so on.
Don't jump into it and later mention no improvement at all...... smile_tongue.gif

I know already le... the Fan theory Bro Des already explain and demonstrate to me before..

That's what I have said previously that when you infected with NVH bug, it never ends..

I have not started any SP project on my ride yet (only a tiny bit on the boot), just pen down what improved and how it feels after certain upgrade.

Will start the SP project once Des is in Glenmerie. I hope to be his 1st client in that new establishment.

Meantime, enjoying my ride and hopefully will not get any invitation card from pdrm.. smile_big.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 05 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (simoniz @ Mar 5 2012, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know already le... the Fan theory Bro Des already explain and demonstrate to me before..

That's what I have said previously that when you infected with NVH bug, it never ends..

I have not started any SP project on my ride yet (only a tiny bit on the boot), just pen down what improved and how it feels after certain upgrade.

Will start the SP project once Des is in Glenmerie. I hope to be his 1st client in that new establishment.

Meantime, enjoying my ride and hopefully will not get any invitation card from pdrm.. smile_big.gif

So, his fan theory is being use as good example..... smile_tongue.gif

Actually my reply not quoted to you but in general..... smile_wink.gif

jackson

Posted 05 March 2012 - 05:21 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
Des is shifting to glenmarie? Cool smile_thumbup.gif But bad for my wallet smile_blackeye.gif Need to resist the strong poisoning.....
It's easy when you know how...

simoniz

Posted 05 March 2012 - 09:43 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ Mar 5 2012, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Des is shifting to glenmarie? Cool smile_thumbup.gif But bad for my wallet smile_blackeye.gif Need to resist the strong poisoning.....

Correction! Des is not shifting to glenmarie but opening a new branch. I Think it is a good move so that we could lepak they and don't have to worry about parking our cars.. sad part is, no more Bengali tea and Ho Liau siew yuk fan.

rallychamp

Posted 06 March 2012 - 01:24 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
glenmarie got nasi briyani ganja is not mistaken...hehehehehe

nice bike simoniz...

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)