Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2011 Ssangyong Actyon 2.0 Owner Reviews

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

rex4585

Posted 20 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (pulsar1220 @ Mar 20 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all from New Zealand.

I have the Korando SPR as it is called here. Interesting, I have the vibration issue at 80km but it disappear after 100kmh so I am not too fussed about it.

FC wise, i think it will improve as the diesel engine need to bed in and that will take some KMs.. I am enjoying the car and would be using it for an extensive road trip in NZ south island soon. More than 3000km driving!

Hello bro, welcome to our forum. I am sure you will enjoy the drive around your beautiful country in your SUV. North Island or South?
BTW, is yours AWD? automatic? Mine AWD and auto and now about 30k km still high FC around 10.5L/100km.

tazztham

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (pulsar1220 @ Mar 20 2012, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello all from New Zealand.

I have the Korando SPR as it is called here. Interesting, I have the vibration issue at 80km but it disappear after 100kmh so I am not too fussed about it.

FC wise, i think it will improve as the diesel engine need to bed in and that will take some KMs.. I am enjoying the car and would be using it for an extensive road trip in NZ south island soon. More than 3000km driving!

hi pulsar,

great to have you here. it is interesting to know that you ride also having the 80kph vibration as mine. i can feel the source is from the rear drivetrain. i am pretty sure not the tyres as i rotated them and problem still the same.

hope i could find a solution for that soon.

tazztham

zoidberg

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:36 AM

zoidberg

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
Guys I am having white smoke coming out from the exhaust. Is this common?

rex4585

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (zoidberg @ Mar 22 2012, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guys I am having white smoke coming out from the exhaust. Is this common?

I use to get this white smoke when new. Now not seen for sometime. Believe it is the dpf regenerating.

zoidberg

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

zoidberg

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Mar 22 2012, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use to get this white smoke when new. Now not seen for sometime. Believe it is the dpf regenerating.

Thanks a lot for the answer. Was thinking there was something wrong with the engine but your explanation kinda makes things looks ok. Thanks biggrin.gif

tazztham

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (zoidberg @ Mar 22 2012, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks a lot for the answer. Was thinking there was something wrong with the engine but your explanation kinda makes things looks ok. Thanks biggrin.gif

hi bro,

since you still got the white smoke, u should arrange for a software update on your next service.

cheers.

tazztham

zoidberg

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

zoidberg

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ Mar 22 2012, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bro,

since you still got the white smoke, u should arrange for a software update on your next service.

cheers.

Hmm will put that in mind. I asked the sales person about the update he said already updated but I can't be sure. Is there any way to check what software version I have?

Anyway came another problem. I had a dent sad.gif It's around 10 cents size and pretty noticeable on the rear door passenger side sad.gif Sad... the car is not even 1 week old. Some fella must have parked next to me and slammed his door into mine. Any shops around where I can get a quick fix for these? I mean have you guys fix dents or any recommendation?

r3xt0n

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:15 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (zoidberg @ Mar 22 2012, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm will put that in mind. I asked the sales person about the update he said already updated but I can't be sure. Is there any way to check what software version I have?

Anyway came another problem. I had a dent sad.gif It's around 10 cents size and pretty noticeable on the rear door passenger side sad.gif Sad... the car is not even 1 week old. Some fella must have parked next to me and slammed his door into mine. Any shops around where I can get a quick fix for these? I mean have you guys fix dents or any recommendation?

Check out http://www.dent.com.my/ , dent repair without repaint.

byebye2u

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:19 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
very new I think the SC can do the job.

zoidberg

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:32 AM

zoidberg

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Mar 23 2012, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Check out http://www.dent.com.my/ , dent repair without repaint.

Hmm.. looks good but my paint got chipped off sad.gif

QUOTE (byebye2u @ Mar 23 2012, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very new I think the SC can do the job.

Ok will ask the Service Center if they can do anything.

Have you guys install any tint? I am a bit scared that when they tear the door apart to put the tint on the side windows, they might break a few clippings or ended up doing a bad job. Any experienced shop with Actyon?