Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Is This True....picanto Can Outclass The New 3-series?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

nuggyn

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
http://forum.autowor...h...02913&st=60
QUOTE (artois @ Feb 9 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was told the Picanto can easily outclass the new 3-series

Picanto has been my dream car for ages smile_kisses.gif smile_thumbup.gif

hard to believe, but might be true.

e90

Posted 10 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

e90

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 159 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Feb 10 2012, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haiz, too much heat in owning a Beemer. You always get unfair comments abt owning a Beemer. Shows that an ID-ten-t is born every second

madman1188

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

madman1188

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Feb 10 2012, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG! I BOUGHT THE WRONG CAR! DAMN! SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN A PIKACU... OOPS, PICANTO INSTEAD! ROTFLOL!!!

There are so many people out there that have been blowing their horns so darn much, until they themselves are beginning to believe that whatever that they are blowing are indeed a true fact! I have my fair share of trying to reason with people who are not in the know, but thinks that they are a walking dictionary, and yet not wanting to admit and open minded enough to accept. I have told myself not to waste time on these things.... but this is a topic that I found hard not to respond to..

back to topic..... on the question of "can a picanto outclass a 3 series", lemme break it down.....

space, NOPE..
luxury, NOPE....
wow factor, NOPE....
chick magnet, NOPE.....
driving dynamics, NOPE....
engineering supremacy, NOPE.....
fittings and trimmings, NOPE...
torque, NOPE....
speed, NOPE....
should I go to the safety ratings? no? enough jor?

WAIT, STOP THE PRESS! There is 1 thing the pikacu, oops, picanto, (damn! have to get me bearings right!!!) trumps the 3 series..... and that is,

wait for it, wait for it,....

PRICE! YES! YES! YES!

but hang on.... chinese got 1 saying woh, "GOOD THINGS NOT CHEAP, CHEAP THINGS NOT GOOD"... how leh?
at the end, you get what you paid for lor......

think that 1 picanto smoked a 3 series on the highway which leads to the picanto thinking he is invincible, can tarpau a 3 series, but not knowing that the 3 series might have let him pass coz the picanto (Hah!, got it right) is not a worthy playing partner!

especially liked the bit about the car wash.... sheez.... seriously in a world of their own! in all fairness, think they started the thread as a joke but ended up dwelling in a spiral abyss... there is another saying in Hokkien, "KA KEE KONG, KA KEE SONG!!" loosely translated, "self talk, self syiok!"
anyways, thanks to bro nuggyn for pointing this out, at least a good laughing start to my weekend....

QUOTE (e90 @ Feb 10 2012, 03:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Haiz, too much heat in owning a Beemer. You always get unfair comments abt owning a Beemer. Shows that an ID-ten-t is born every second

what to do bro, so many sour grapes out there.......
wonder why we never taruk other marques? We know the how to respect...
furthermore, we enjoy our 50:50 weight distributed drive quietly with a smile on the face each time we step on the pedal!!!
madman - as mad as ever

saila

Posted 10 February 2012 - 11:47 AM

saila

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Please. How is a new 3 better than the Picanto? Do you get VIP service at the valet? My friend with a Picanto gets free valet parking!!! Not only that, when he goes to a petrol station to pump fuel, the service attendant will give him a free car wash.

Any of you 3-series owners get those benefits?

madman1188

Posted 10 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

madman1188

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
QUOTE (saila @ Feb 10 2012, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Please. How is a new 3 better than the Picanto? Do you get VIP service at the valet? My friend with a Picanto gets free valet parking!!! Not only that, when he goes to a petrol station to pump fuel, the service attendant will give him a free car wash.

Any of you 3-series owners get those benefits?

Ms saila,
this is a BMW thread, not a picanto/kia/hyundai/toyota/honda/etc thread...
what gives you the right to come here and ask nonsensical question?
aren't you far away from your playground?
did my post in my BMW thread offended you?
true to the fact remains, as per my earlier remark, "I have my fair share of trying to reason with people who are not in the know, but thinks that they are a walking dictionary, and yet not wanting to admit and open minded enough to accept"

come-on.... grow up... joined yesterday and starting to act like you are the king of the world....
So pls show a little respect to the forum, to the marque and to yourself and do not spam other ppl's thread....

Moderators, how do you control such a nuisance where the king of the world starts to run their mouth out of their zones?
madman - as mad as ever