Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Battery Suddenly Explode

• Please log in to reply

souljerz

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

souljerz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
After 1 and half years my rondo giving me a big suprise. While trying to start the engine as usual suddenly heard an explosion come from engine followed by smoke.afraid of something might happen to me rush out of car wait outside till smoke gone. Open engine compartment and surprised to see battery explode acid all over engine part. The never heard before really happen to me. Going to Naza tommorow and see wether can claim or not. Acid working really fast some part of bonn smile_disapprove.gif et the paint gone including bumper do not know if also can claim.update u all tommorow. smile_disapprove.gif

jayraptor

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (souljerz @ Feb 6 2012, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After 1 and half years my rondo giving me a big suprise. While trying to start the engine as usual suddenly heard an explosion come from engine followed by smoke.afraid of something might happen to me rush out of car wait outside till smoke gone. Open engine compartment and surprised to see battery explode acid all over engine part. The never heard before really happen to me. Going to Naza tommorow and see wether can claim or not. Acid working really fast some part of bonn smile_disapprove.gif et the paint gone including bumper do not know if also can claim.update u all tommorow. smile_disapprove.gif

Remember to claim for maximum compensation from them. Giving you crap battery that overcharged till compressed and explode is totally unacceptable. Threaten to go public if they don't pay you. Ask for loan car unit as temporary car as you won't get to drive the Rondo while repair is in progress.

Insurance does not cover damage caused by defective exploded battery.

sammyvellu

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:35 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Feb 7 2012, 12:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember to claim for maximum compensation from them. Giving you crap battery that overcharged till compressed and explode is totally unacceptable. Threaten to go public if they don't pay you. Ask for loan car unit as temporary car as you won't get to drive the Rondo while repair is in progress.

Insurance does not cover damage caused by defective exploded battery.

Sure, Naza will tell you that this is act of GOD

redwin

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

redwin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
Still under warranty kah? Wah lucky u! Heard only Nokia battery phone xplode, car battery oso can! Hope it's not recond battery! Ask for replacement unit woo! I mean car.
erm...

souljerz

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:30 PM

souljerz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
After diagnose confirm alternator over charge will replace with new one but have to wait for spare part ordered from kl. The rest still un clear but freind of mine who retired from eon said can claim new paint for bonnet n bumper. Now wait wait n wait....