Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Jazz Hybrid

• Please log in to reply

roocarroll

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:05 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (tr0llb41t @ Mar 16 2012, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just wondering, why would anyone want to buy a hybrid?

The batteries are gonna last at the max, 10 yrs. Cost to replace, RM20K. OMG!

So even if you sell the car after a few yrs, nobody is gonna buy it because the batt warranty is gonna expire soon/has already expired. So the resale value is basically zero.

The cost savings in petrol in say, 10 yrs cannot possibly be > RM95K, issit?

Or am I missing something here?

Have you ever seen the Southpark episode on hybrid cars?

scenic

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

So even if you sell the car after a few yrs, nobody is gonna buy it because the batt warranty is gonna expire soon/has already expired. So the resale value is basically zero.

Wah, why you so direct one ? Cheers.
director's choice

roocarroll

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:19 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
I took a test drive in the Hybrid Jazz today. My sister-in-law is interested in buying one so I went with her. I'm not a fan of hybrids so my views are a little biased but here's my two sen:

There are loads of buttons. Cruse control, Eco mode, adjustable headlights, buttons for information about fuel consumption and hybrid battery stuff. If you like buttons, this might be the car for you. It's nice to know your fuel consumption but apart from that, I can't see that you'd use any of the others. I never use my cruse control.

It's cheaper than the old Jazz and more economical so that's definitely a plus. It doesn't have the slopey-roof design of the Prius or Insight so that's a plus too.

The minus: Power, there is none of it. If you like to drive in the fast lane then forget it. I'm one of those guys who likes to get the foot down so this isn't for me but not everyone drives like me (thank God).

For RM95k, CBU from Japan with loads of buttons and with good fuel economy, it's probably a better choice than the City or Vios for those who don't drive around screaming POWER and GET OUT OF The WAY!

ShiftVQV6

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:15 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Mar 17 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's cheaper than the old Jazz and more economical so that's definitely a plus. It doesn't have the slopey-roof design of the Prius or Insight so that's a plus too.

The minus: Power, there is none of it. If you like to drive in the fast lane then forget it. I'm one of those guys who likes to get the foot down so this isn't for me but not everyone drives like me (thank God).

smile_cry.gif smile_cry.gif i bought my jazz at rm112k 1.5 yrs ago.....

now 2nd hand value gone down the drain..... smile_big.gif

scenic

Posted 20 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (ShiftVQV6 @ Mar 20 2012, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_cry.gif smile_cry.gif i bought my jazz at rm112k 1.5 yrs ago.....

now 2nd hand value gone down the drain..... smile_big.gif

U H fan ?
director's choice

ShiftVQV6

Posted 20 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Mar 20 2012, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U H fan ?

nope..... just that T arrogant salesman never bother to entertain me smile_angry.gif

ckl050877

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:45 PM

ckl050877

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts

What is the price for Prius 2 yrs ago? No one can expect what will happen in the future. However, the price is definitely to be reduced when it becomes mass production. Who know we will have better technology to cut down the cost?

tr0llb41t

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

tr0llb41t

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
QUOTE (ckl050877 @ Mar 20 2012, 10:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the price for Prius 2 yrs ago? No one can expect what will happen in the future. However, the price is definitely to be reduced when it becomes mass production. Who know we will have better technology to cut down the cost?

Yes, that's all well and good, but I'm talking about IF I buy one of these hybrids NOW.

I like both these cars, the Jazz and Prius hybrids. But what's stopping me from buying one is the reasoning I put forth above. If the value of a hybrid is gonna drop to peanuts after a few years, while giving only double the mileage compared to an equivalent gasoline car, why bother? And don't forget, the equivalent gasoline car is RM20K cheaper than the hybrid (comparing Prius C to Vios J auto). That's a major handicap for the hybrid already, before even starting the comparison!

So please, if there are any T or H salespeople out there, convince me a hybrid is a sane buy. smile_tongue.gif

ShiftVQV6

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

ShiftVQV6

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,659 posts
H offer 5 yrs or 140,000km for the battery wor.... no bad leh.

compare to Jazz hybrid and Normal Jazz.... u already have a price advantage of RM17k (rm112k - rm95k) upfront....

magura

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:28 AM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (Jumpman23 @ Mar 15 2012, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very neat interior compare to Prius C, definitely deserve to win, in term of classy interior. Prius C interior is simple and boring.

Surprisingly the price is cheaper than Prius C.

Stylish, neat, compact, and sophisticated. Very charming interior.

Very simple and boring interior like those cheap economy Korean car (old Hyundai Accent) very plastic feeling inside a Prius C

The winner will be Honda Jazz Hybrid.

Very cheap hard plastic interior...this is cheapo plastic stuffs compared to the VW Polo (the RM110k polo is fully taxed compared to this tax exempted Jazz)...Honda making lots of profit wt the RM95k price