Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford S-max/mondeo + Flyaudio, Anyone?

• Please log in to reply

cfong02

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

cfong02

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi,

Just got my S-max for a week, and love the car very much!
The first thing I did before collect the car is to get the dealer install the FlyAudio unit, in particular, I need the GPS.

I noticed that the installed GPS software (Papago X5 SE) can't really acquire satellite signal most of the time, I don't know if it's the unit or the software itself. Just hoping to find out if any S-Max/ Modeo drivers having the same problem?

Looking forward to hear from you.

cheers,
CF

simoniz

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:35 PM

simoniz

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 255 posts
QUOTE (cfong02 @ Jan 26 2012, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

The first thing I did before collect the car is to get the dealer install the FlyAudio unit, in particular, I need the GPS.

I noticed that the installed GPS software (Papago X5 SE) can't really acquire satellite signal most of the time, I don't know if it's the unit or the software itself. Just hoping to find out if any S-Max/ Modeo drivers having the same problem?

cheers,
CF

Sorry, can't help much as my audio unit is still standard. Did they installed a Satellite receiver? it should be located on your dash if installed.

Btw, how much does it cost you? Does all the steering buttons and the voice control still works? Integrated Bluetooth for your phone still works?

ymfoo

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
Hi,

cheers,
CF

1. Why Flyaudio? Not that I am against the brand. But I believe you have lost the Ford Convers+ control (right steering buttons) over the HU with the installation. Do you know there is another brand, Caska (www.akaya.com.my), comes with a unit (CA3636A) that works with the Convers+?

2. The Papago has upgraded their software to X8. Although I don't think your problem is with the software, but there is no harm checking. As long as your software is licensed, it is a free upgrade.

3. Recheck you installation, I feel the satellite receiver may not be placed correctly. Most branded GPS unit should lock onto the satellite signals within 1-2 minutes.

Cars, Oh cars......

KL3223

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:30 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
Hi,

congrats on your ride! did you install tinting ? depending on the tint, that can cause interference with the gps reception too (just like how some tint cause problem to smart tag).

droll

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:50 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
did you resolve this problem? btw, does the flyaudio unit work with convrse+?

ssifbww

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

ssifbww

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
Hi,

cheers,
CF

I'm using Flyaudio in Inspira and the signal fix is very fast. Even the antenna is inside the dashboard. Just check whether the Papago is licensed copy. You can have the software checked at Papago Phileo Damansara and they have free upgrade to X8.5 version.

droll

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (ssifbww @ Feb 15 2012, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm using Flyaudio in Inspira and the signal fix is very fast. Even the antenna is inside the dashboard. Just check whether the Papago is licensed copy. You can have the software checked at Papago Phileo Damansara and they have free upgrade to X8.5 version.

how's the coverage of the maps? and how do you get updated maps? Do you pay for them? what is the payment model like - subscription based?

ssifbww

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:33 PM

ssifbww

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Feb 15 2012, 04:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how's the coverage of the maps? and how do you get updated maps? Do you pay for them? what is the payment model like - subscription based?

The map coverage is as good as Garmin map. You can download for free the latest map from malfreemaps.com (must be a member to download). Or just ask the Papago dealer - they will copy the map for free also (I guess there is agreement between Malfreemaps and Papago for free maps distribution).

cfong02

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:22 AM

cfong02

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (ssifbww @ Feb 15 2012, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The map coverage is as good as Garmin map. You can download for free the latest map from malfreemaps.com (must be a member to download). Or just ask the Papago dealer - they will copy the map for free also (I guess there is agreement between Malfreemaps and Papago for free maps distribution).

hi all,

sorry for my late reply.

1. Flyaudio support Converse+ and all steering buttons work fine. Except for the voice control is disabled.
2. GPS signal - Yes, got it fixed by relocating the receiver. tip: put the receiver further away toward the front most of the mirror, it gets the best signal.
3. So far no complain about GPS, I just wish that it is Garmin rather than Papago. I have heard people able to run Garmin on it. Which i'm now experiencing, afterall, everything runs on the SD actually.

thanks all and will report on new development!

droll

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:48 AM

droll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (cfong02 @ Mar 2 2012, 03:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all,

sorry for my late reply.

1. Flyaudio support Converse+ and all steering buttons work fine. Except for the voice control is disabled.
2. GPS signal - Yes, got it fixed by relocating the receiver. tip: put the receiver further away toward the front most of the mirror, it gets the best signal.
3. So far no complain about GPS, I just wish that it is Garmin rather than Papago. I have heard people able to run Garmin on it. Which i'm now experiencing, afterall, everything runs on the SD actually.

thanks all and will report on new development!

when you say supports Convers+,
a) does the current radio channel playing still appear in Convers+?
b ) do you see the AUX option disappear from Convers+?
c) when you change the radio channel using steering wheel controls, do you see the list of channels in Convers+ as you scroll through it?
d) does the bluetooth voice dialing button still work?