Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Polo Sedan

• Please log in to reply

bloh2175

Posted 29 November 2012 - 09:16 AM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (fkp1 @ Nov 29 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now SA offers pre-reg Polo Sedan at 85K, and whole new Honda City also at 85K... wondering which one to take. would maintenance and fuel consumption be much higher for Polo Sedan?

85k for Polo Sedan ?

-whats the int rate?

-whats the condition? Milleage?

-made in 2011? If yes...better go for Honda ( my opinion only, hope this not affect your decision) ( I did a research Polo Sedan 2011 got a bit of problems, correct me if im wrong, 2012 still ok, which Im owned it now..^^)

- FC wise for polo sedan, half tank can go up to 300++KM), full tank not sure yet( but, 3rd day drop 1 bar). full tank rm90++ for Ron95

- I suggest go test drive both car...

hope these help.

good luck in your decision.

fkp1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:15 AM

fkp1

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
[quote name='bloh2175' date='Nov 29 2012, 09:16 AM' post='1842968']
85k for Polo Sedan ?

-whats the int rate?

-whats the condition? Milleage?

-made in 2011? If yes...better go for Honda ( my opinion only, hope this not affect your decision) ( I did a research Polo Sedan 2011 got a bit of problems, correct me if im wrong, 2012 still ok, which Im owned it now..^^)

- FC wise for polo sedan, half tank can go up to 300++KM), full tank not sure yet( but, 3rd day drop 1 bar). full tank rm90++ for Ron95

- I suggest go test drive both car...

hope these help.

good luck in your decision.
[/quotm]

year made 2012, pre-registered unit so mileage around 5K KM. interest rate is the same as buying new car, ~2.4%.
can share your experience since you own a Polo Sedan please? especially the maintenance.

bloh2175

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:51 AM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
year made 2012, pre-registered unit so mileage around 5K KM. interest rate is the same as buying new car, ~2.4%.
can share your experience since you own a Polo Sedan please? especially the maintenance.
[/quote]

5K milleage, I see... so. consider you first new car??

Mine Polo Sedan still new...around 350Km milleage (a week till today), still far to go for service. 1st impression, this car is solid, stable, give sense of safety, sound proof really excellent. engine sound very quiet even aircon turn on. Bear in mind, the air con not so cold compare to T, H and P aircon, but you have to turn 3/4 to blue dot, then the cool air will be coming in.

if really going for Polo Sedan with 5k km...need to test drive the car itself, check all the stuff like brake pad, tyres, engine part, alignment, etc etc all must be service before take over the whole car, else nego again the price if those brake pad and all the stuff never get service.....it sould be test drive car....., now VW car giving huge discount...why la go for pre-register car?

fkp1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

fkp1

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (bloh2175 @ Nov 29 2012, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

5K milleage, I see... so. consider you first new car??

Mine Polo Sedan still new...around 350Km milleage (a week till today), still far to go for service. 1st impression, this car is solid, stable, give sense of safety, sound proof really excellent. engine sound very quiet even aircon turn on. Bear in mind, the air con not so cold compare to T, H and P aircon, but you have to turn 3/4 to blue dot, then the cool air will be coming in.

if really going for Polo Sedan with 5k km...need to test drive the car itself, check all the stuff like brake pad, tyres, engine part, alignment, etc etc all must be service before take over the whole car, else nego again the price if those brake pad and all the stuff never get service.....it sould be test drive car....., now VW car giving huge discount...why la go for pre-register car?

Dont want to burden myself too much with the car installment. That means my choice is neither here nor there. H car is not bad but for that money, why not go for Polo Sedan? In summary, do you reckon Honda and Polo Sedan running cost, i.e. maintenance and FC should be at similar level right?

bloh2175

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (fkp1 @ Nov 29 2012, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dont want to burden myself too much with the car installment. That means my choice is neither here nor there. H car is not bad but for that money, why not go for Polo Sedan? In summary, do you reckon Honda and Polo Sedan running cost, i.e. maintenance and FC should be at similar level right?

hahaa...bro. I suggest you go test drive it first....feel it.PS is a good car, with German tech although its imported from India. More over its a small family car with huge boot space and roomies too.

About FC, i believe polo sedan good in FC. still new in the market I would say. Not sure about H or T FC or service.

Service wise for PS, 15k interval or after 1 year(which ever come first) . Plus, PS doesnt come with DSG or TSI, using MPI engine mated with 6 speedy, service could be cheaper(engine oil, gearbox oil and oil filter)

go check it out here about PS.
http://kyspeaks.com/...r-the-weekends/

http://www.cbt.com.m...for-the-people/

http://joshuaongys.c...gen-polo-sedan/

http://www.kimberlyc...gen-polo-sedan/

http://www.zerotohun...-in-vw-line-up/

http://www.kensomuse...malaysia-yet-2/

haha....i love PS very much now...... smile_tongue.gif

fkp1

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

fkp1

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Thank you very much for the advice and links provided.

I have tested the car a month ago and will arrange for one more. Must agree the driving experience is exceptional and surpassed the Jap makes. Now it all boils down whether to take the leap of faith on a German engineering, notwithstanding its potential high maintenance cost.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

bloh2175

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (fkp1 @ Nov 29 2012, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you very much for the advice and links provided.

I have tested the car a month ago and will arrange for one more. Must agree the driving experience is exceptional and surpassed the Jap makes. Now it all boils down whether to take the leap of faith on a German engineering, notwithstanding its potential high maintenance cost.

Once again, thanks for the feedback.

Good luck bro.....

Ram it to 100kmp...then brake hard....see the effect.

bryantee

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

bryantee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
VW give me 2 option either 5k discount, 1.85 interest rate or 11k discount with 2.5% interest rate...

Dam tempting....

Will test the car again with my wife this weekend... high chances I will take the car. but I also look at some used car sometime wish to have bigger and taller car e.g Kia sportage (not the latest one, 1 version older. offering good price for a used unit).

Really hard to decide.

QUOTE (kcng @ Nov 27 2012, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aisey... corrected already...

lol bryan almost turn my brain upside down there...

smile_big.gif

yeap you are right is a B-segment car with C-segment price hahaha..... the B,C,D get me confuse
206 and Rondo

bloh2175

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

bloh2175

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
QUOTE (bryantee @ Nov 29 2012, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VW give me 2 option either 5k discount, 1.85 interest rate or 11k discount with 2.5% interest rate...

Dam tempting....

Will test the car again with my wife this weekend... high chances I will take the car. but I also look at some used car sometime wish to have bigger and taller car e.g Kia sportage (not the latest one, 1 version older. offering good price for a used unit).

Really hard to decide.

yeap you are right is a B-segment car with C-segment price hahaha..... the B,C,D get me confuse

I will go for 11k discount. if giving me these options. if you got loaded, top up more.

bryantee

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:34 PM

bryantee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts
QUOTE (bloh2175 @ Nov 29 2012, 03:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will go for 11k discount. if giving me these options. if you got loaded, top up more.

Me 2. I will choose 11k Discount
206 and Rondo