Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Advice On Buying Rondo

• Please log in to reply

leekaq

Posted 18 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

leekaq

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
my 2008 Rondo EX just clocked 50K.. take note that this 2008 mode came with split 2nd row seat. Still very much loving the ride, so smooth and solid. no shaking parts inside and outside. So far parts replaced (under warranty) - both front wheel support link arms. Front tyres tend wear out faster due to engine weight in the front...

joeylow

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

joeylow

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
My advice...DON'T BUY!

The SCs are incompetent and the car's build quality is poor. Moreover secondhand value is rock bottom.

QUOTE (ckwg @ Dec 24 2011, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I am new to Kia cars but when i saw the Rondo, I think it is worthwhile buy, given the price and specs. So I am thinking of buying one, due to my family is getting bigger (4 kids) and it is within my budget of <100K.

There is this year-end promotion for 2011 Rondos in Penang, which gives RM3K discount, body kit and free GPS, rear camera. Is this worth for a 2011 car since it is already year-end? Any caveats against buying year-end cars?

Also, is the difference between the EX and EXS models worth the extra price difference? The salesman told me for extra 3K, the EXS comes with 16 inch tyres, roof rack, steering audio control and auto climate control. I don't mind the steering audio control or climate control, but what exactly is the difference between 15inch and 16inch tyres? And what is the roof rack used for?

Hope anyone with Kia car experience can give me some buying advice here! Thanks!

Regards,
CK

joeylow

DIY blog... jlowprojects.blogspot.com (About my Rondo too)

c17

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:23 AM

c17

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
SC really is slow in response by saying no available parts and will call back when parts arrived.

Normally, when I did not receive any feedback from SC by the stipulated time frame, I just call the Naza Kia Careline and report to them. Actually, in truth, all my issues are solved by calling them.

And, the result is very consistant.

Within one day or two, the SC themselves will call you to make appointment, citing 'parts baru sampai', yeah if I really believe it.

Best part is, Kia Careline will call you back to check whether the SC got call you or not.

Lastly, after a few days, Kia will call you back to check whether your issue is solved by the SC.

It is mixed feeling that I have to 'back-stab' the SC by complaining to Naza Kia directly. Or else the problems will never be solved.

lionelstep

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:29 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (c17 @ Jan 28 2012, 10:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
SC really is slow in response by saying no available parts and will call back when parts arrived.

Normally, when I did not receive any feedback from SC by the stipulated time frame, I just call the Naza Kia Careline and report to them. Actually, in truth, all my issues are solved by calling them.

And, the result is very consistant.

Within one day or two, the SC themselves will call you to make appointment, citing 'parts baru sampai', yeah if I really believe it.

Best part is, Kia Careline will call you back to check whether the SC got call you or not.

Lastly, after a few days, Kia will call you back to check whether your issue is solved by the SC.

It is mixed feeling that I have to 'back-stab' the SC by complaining to Naza Kia directly. Or else the problems will never be solved.

About the same experience. Yours is even better, Nazakia Careline called you back to check if the issue is settled or not yet, for my experience so far, they did not call to check the status. But, indeed, calling Nazakia Careline helps expediting the solution really fast.

wit4

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

wit4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (jacst @ Dec 26 2011, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Till today I hate the configuration of the second row unable to split to allow easy access to the last row.

I took delivery of an EXS 2011 model just before CNY, reluctantly accepting the "cacat" 2nd row seat. Went to check - lo and behold, it SPLIT 40:60!!!. It even has a handrest on the side.

Kevin

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:50 AM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (wit4 @ Jan 30 2012, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I took delivery of an EXS 2011 model just before CNY, reluctantly accepting the "cacat" 2nd row seat. Went to check - lo and behold, it SPLIT 40:60!!!. It even has a handrest on the side.

Split seat backs or split seat backs AND seat cushion?

jacst

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

jacst

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
QUOTE (wit4 @ Jan 30 2012, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the seat's bench or the seat's back rest?

wit4

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:27 AM

wit4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (jacst @ Jan 31 2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the seat's bench or the seat's back rest?

Only seat's back, sorry.

wingman7

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

wingman7

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
You will not regret purchasing a Rondo bro!! smile.gif

wit4

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

wit4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
QUOTE (wingman7 @ Feb 2 2012, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You will not regret purchasing a Rondo bro!! smile.gif

Afraid I am not as confident as you bro. Many complaints in the forum on aircond compressor, suspension mountings, stalling, etc. See the problem bro joeylow is having. I almost wanted to cancel my booking and willing to lose the deposit. But now I am driving and enjoying it - who wouldn't if he has just traded in a 20-year old car for a brand new one! But I reserve my confidence for time being.

Now regarding new car, it is crazy that I am now contemplating a RM2000 tinting package. To put on a few plastics is going to cost me half of the RM4000 I got from trading in my old car!! which is well-maintained and respectable and very functional. Even if I were to sell for scrap metal, which will be such a waste, I will get many hundreds of kg for it. This plastic, its only cosmetic and only help the aircond, not my pocket.