Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Finally Rondo Engine Giving Problem

• Please log in to reply

okwaja

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:19 AM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
I saw some workshop offered BG cleaning service, inclusive cleaning other system in the car. The full set is RM 145 but not inclusive sparkplug. I were told that you need to change the spark plug after the service. Our original Rondo sparkplug is RM 56/set of 4. I just changed 1 set but non original - NGK Platinum @ RM 48/set. Before this I use Bosch super 4. Feeling told me NGK Platinum better than the Bosch Super 4 smile_tongue.gif

May be you could give it a try and let us now the result.

lionelstep

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (okwaja @ Jan 10 2012, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I saw some workshop offered BG cleaning service, inclusive cleaning other system in the car. The full set is RM 145 but not inclusive sparkplug. I were told that you need to change the spark plug after the service. Our original Rondo sparkplug is RM 56/set of 4. I just changed 1 set but non original - NGK Platinum @ RM 48/set. Before this I use Bosch super 4. Feeling told me NGK Platinum better than the Bosch Super 4 smile_tongue.gif

May be you could give it a try and let us now the result.

Just to assure no misunderstanding, TB = Throttle Butterfly, the one which will give the issue of jerking or fuel flow stoppages once clogged. So, it costs RM145.

The NGK Platinum is better than Bosch Super 4, by what kinds of feeling you notice this ?

okwaja

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:33 PM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
The RM 145 not only TB but also your Fule line cleaning + Fuel Injection cleaning + etc.. I cannot remember, you may conduct a search at googles for more information.

Better feeling = smoother and faster pickup + engine more willing to rev.

lionelstep

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:42 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (okwaja @ Jan 11 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The RM 145 not only TB but also your Fule line cleaning + Fuel Injection cleaning + etc.. I cannot remember, you may conduct a search at googles for more information.

Better feeling = smoother and faster pickup + engine more willing to rev.

Wow....this feeling is definitely great for lowering FC. NGK Platinum sounds good. What FC improvement you noticed ?

joeylow

Posted 21 January 2012 - 04:01 PM

joeylow

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
Mind telling me where you got the software upgrade done???

QUOTE (Vemaltech @ Dec 15 2011, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya, I did DIY. if give SC to service, will cost Rm100. Buy the Carb Cleaner for Rm18, everything settle wink.gif

Recently Check Engine light turn on, When to SC, they mention due to RON95 petrol which trigger the Catalzye Converter Sensor. So Upgrade for me the new ECU Software....

Then i found my FC significantly improve. Nw town drive only cost me Rm0.14-15 sen per 1km. last time 0.16 to 0.17sens.

so far mileage reach 94+++km, still steady. Nvr Change anything rather then normal maintenance.

joeylow

DIY blog... jlowprojects.blogspot.com (About my Rondo too)

lionelstep

Posted 22 January 2012 - 06:16 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (Vemaltech @ Dec 15 2011, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya, I did DIY. if give SC to service, will cost Rm100. Buy the Carb Cleaner for Rm18, everything settle wink.gif

Recently Check Engine light turn on, When to SC, they mention due to RON95 petrol which trigger the Catalzye Converter Sensor. So Upgrade for me the new ECU Software....

Then i found my FC significantly improve. Nw town drive only cost me Rm0.14-15 sen per 1km. last time 0.16 to 0.17sens.

so far mileage reach 94+++km, still steady. Nvr Change anything rather then normal maintenance.

I think the software upgrade was QF (Quick Flash) ? Or ECU Reflash ? How much it costs ?

Vemaltech

Posted 22 January 2012 - 07:09 PM

Vemaltech

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I sent to Kia Butterworth for the software upgrade.

I assumed it was a Quick Flash. They charge me for ECU tuning (RM 45). Software upgrade is free due to factory defect.

sammyvellu

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:41 AM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
QUOTE (lionelstep @ Jan 10 2012, 12:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is amazing....for 18 months never reset metre, it means your mileage has gone such a far distance. And after you had cheaned your TB, just within a short while your Average FC can improve to 8.9L/100km, it means the short distance of driving really has so soooo much improvement in FC until it can change the Average FC to 8.9 L/100km..... smile_thumbup.gif

How much does it cost to have the Service Centre do this TB cleaning if you know... ?

Kimchi cars usually have problems with missing heartbeat when the thermostat is kaput. Rip it out or replace every 40,000-60,000kms

lionelstep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:06 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (sammyvellu @ Jan 23 2012, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kimchi cars usually have problems with missing heartbeat when the thermostat is kaput. Rip it out or replace every 40,000-60,000kms

Sorry as I could not understand, "Missing heartbeat"? And "thermostat" is related to the radiator ?

lionelstep

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:09 AM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
QUOTE (Vemaltech @ Jan 22 2012, 07:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I sent to Kia Butterworth for the software upgrade.

I assumed it was a Quick Flash. They charge me for ECU tuning (RM 45). Software upgrade is free due to factory defect.

How do we know if there is a Software Defect ? In what sense Rondo will behave if there is software defect ?
All in all, yours is a great improvement because it improved your low end torque so much that your daily stop and go traffic experience is a pleasure now as your fuel consumption reduced by such great deal smile_thumbup.gif