Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Finally Rondo Engine Giving Problem

• Please log in to reply

okwaja

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:57 PM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
Since last week, I've this problem whenever I ignite my engine, every morning or stop engine for 1 hour onward, some hiccups, like engine going to die off, about 5 seconds then everything back to normal. Also from Moving to Idle, eg at traffic light, turn red, reduce speed and stop, the engine shaking, jerking for about 3 to 5 seconds then OK, this one no always, may be 3 times out of 10. Any idea what when wrong?

Vemaltech

Posted 13 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

Vemaltech

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (okwaja @ Dec 13 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since last week, I've this problem whenever I ignite my engine, every morning or stop engine for 1 hour onward, some hiccups, like engine going to die off, about 5 seconds then everything back to normal. Also from Moving to Idle, eg at traffic light, turn red, reduce speed and stop, the engine shaking, jerking for about 3 to 5 seconds then OK, this one no always, may be 3 times out of 10. Any idea what when wrong?

Bro, Clean your Throttle body. Mine Gamma CVVT which also share the same engine configuration with Theta CVVT Engine also happens once like this, i open and clean the throttle body, everything back to normal.

Kevin

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:00 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (okwaja @ Dec 13 2011, 02:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had this problem as well just before I sold my car but it happened only twice and I couldn't replicate the problem so I left it as that. If I kept the car, I would look at the throttle body. I thought it could have been the fuel pump starting to fail but I confirmed that the fuel pump was working fine.

okwaja

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:34 AM

okwaja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 814 posts
thanks bros, will cleaning it up during next service and share the result. BTW, can I clean it by myself using those spray carburator cleaner? I've 1 bottle left over for my ex - Daihatsu Charade.

sugen

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
I also have this problem... sometimes... at one time.. the engine mati.. and i need to restart it.. that is the only 1 time it jerk and engine mati... The jerking still happen once a while. But, i did not take any action on it yet.. Maybe the throttle body is dirty..I should service it in next oil change..It is now clock at 78k KM..

Vemaltech

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Vemaltech

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I did use the Carb cleaner to clean the Throttle body include with the Idle Valve which also attach to throttle body.

The Symptom is like Engine die of in D or R mode, When Air Cond Compressor Kick on, the RPM will drop to very low like 300rpm. After cleaning, Everything back to normal. My Mileage nw is almost 95k.

sugen

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:56 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
how did u clean it? DIY?
QUOTE (Vemaltech @ Dec 14 2011, 03:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I did use the Carb cleaner to clean the Throttle body include with the Idle Valve which also attach to throttle body.

The Symptom is like Engine die of in D or R mode, When Air Cond Compressor Kick on, the RPM will drop to very low like 300rpm. After cleaning, Everything back to normal. My Mileage nw is almost 95k.

mahmoody

Posted 14 December 2011 - 11:28 PM

mahmoody

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Dec 14 2011, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I also have this problem... sometimes... at one time.. the engine mati.. and i need to restart it.. that is the only 1 time it jerk and engine mati... The jerking still happen once a while. But, i did not take any action on it yet.. Maybe the throttle body is dirty..I should service it in next oil change..It is now clock at 78k KM..

Sugen,

I do not have the problem of the engine going to die but I have the same jerk occassionally. For the first problem it maybe the throttle body. But for the jerk I do not think its the throttle body. If U notice before it jerks the engine died, since the car is still moving and the gear is still engage the engine jerk and restart. Like somebody is pushing the car. I suspect a faulty crank sensor.

My Rondo is 2008 model and only clock 50,000km.
moody

sugen

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:27 PM

sugen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 918 posts
have u change the petrol filter since it is already 120k KM?? If the petrol filter is clog.. then, the flow of petrol is affected.. The petrol filter is located underneath the 3rd row seat..

QUOTE (mahmoody @ Dec 14 2011, 11:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sugen,

I do not have the problem of the engine going to die but I have the same jerk occassionally. For the first problem it maybe the throttle body. But for the jerk I do not think its the throttle body. If U notice before it jerks the engine died, since the car is still moving and the gear is still engage the engine jerk and restart. Like somebody is pushing the car. I suspect a faulty crank sensor.

My Rondo is 2008 model and only clock 50,000km.

mahmoody

Posted 15 December 2011 - 01:04 PM

mahmoody

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
QUOTE (sugen @ Dec 15 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have u change the petrol filter since it is already 120k KM?? If the petrol filter is clog.. then, the flow of petrol is affected.. The petrol filter is located underneath the 3rd row seat..

Bro, are U refering to me or Bro Okwaja, my Rondo only 50k KM, Bro Okwaja is 120k KM.
moody