Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Meguiars Endurance And Hot Shine Tire Spray

• Please log in to reply

2420l

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

2420l

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 10 2013, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, this is confirmed. Do not spray Megs Endurance Tire Spray onto a pad and wipe the tire. Yes, it dries faster but it doesn't last, not even 3 days if it rains everyday.

Spray the Megs onto the sidewall. Let it dry. Your tires would like some unholy white mess with the runny tire black liquid. It would also take an hour under shade to dry, but the reward is the shine lasts much longer than if you wipe on the liquid onto your tires.

But if you want to wipe, use the Megs Endurance Gel. The shine lasts even longer than the spray version.

good info
thx bro!!! smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 10 2013, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, this is confirmed. Do not spray Megs Endurance Tire Spray onto a pad and wipe the tire. Yes, it dries faster but it doesn't last, not even 3 days if it rains everyday.

Spray the Megs onto the sidewall. Let it dry. Your tires would like some unholy white mess with the runny tire black liquid. It would also take an hour under shade to dry, but the reward is the shine lasts much longer than if you wipe on the liquid onto your tires.

But if you want to wipe, use the Megs Endurance Gel. The shine lasts even longer than the spray version.

What if spray direct on on tyre and then wipe, same as spray on pads?

CoffeeDude

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

CoffeeDude

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,160 posts
How about using paint brush to apply megs endurance gel?

cbsteh

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 11 2013, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What if spray direct on on tyre and then wipe, same as spray on pads?

I have not tried but I believe it would not the same because amount used would be different. You tend to use less when you wipe on tires.

QUOTE (CoffeeDude @ Feb 11 2013, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How about using paint brush to apply megs endurance gel?

I have not used paint brush but its bristles would be good to spread the gel into the tire threads, but the paint brush might not be as paint foam to apply on the tires. The paint foam I use is this:

They come into many sizes too. I use the small narrow foam to apply plastic trim and another to clean the crevices within the door jamb.

arch5069

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

arch5069

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 11 2013, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have not tried but I believe it would not the same because amount used would be different. You tend to use less when you wipe on tires.

I have not used paint brush but its bristles would be good to spread the gel into the tire threads, but the paint brush might not be as paint foam to apply on the tires. The paint foam I use is this:

They come into many sizes too. I use the small narrow foam to apply plastic trim and another to clean the crevices within the door jamb.

I've seen this at ace. Am going to use it for trims too. For tyres, I use sponge applicator from daiso.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:07 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 11 2013, 01:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But for those liquid tyre shine I use less by spreading with foam applicator pads......

cbsteh

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 14 2013, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But for those liquid tyre shine I use less by spreading with foam applicator pads......

I think that's where the problem is with Megs Tire Spray. Need to use a lot for lasting black.

vr2turbo

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 14 2013, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that's where the problem is with Megs Tire Spray. Need to use a lot for lasting black.

Better sales for them....... smile_tongue.gif

g88

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

g88

Duke of Hazzard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 48,280 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Feb 14 2013, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i prefer apply gel first, then only liquid....but dun over do it...i tried that day i was super kilat tongue.gif..i think put 3-4 coats...after highway travel....(above 110km)...it splatted bit over the mudflap and lower bottom of the door panel and created a layer of oil flim....

At first i tot..aiyo...sure need to use degreaser etc...at least i just soak with foam and it just settle hehe....

vr2turbo

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,471 posts
QUOTE (g88 @ Feb 15 2013, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i prefer apply gel first, then only liquid....but dun over do it...i tried that day i was super kilat tongue.gif..i think put 3-4 coats...after highway travel....(above 110km)...it splatted bit over the mudflap and lower bottom of the door panel and created a layer of oil flim....

At first i tot..aiyo...sure need to use degreaser etc...at least i just soak with foam and it just settle hehe....

Mudflap also gilat mah...... smile_big.gif