Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Egr Delete

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

rex4585

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:54 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
Anyone know how to stop the Egr from functioning without throwing a check engine light? If this can be done then the inlet manifold won't be full of gunk and engine can breath fresh air rather than dirty exhaust fumes. More power and less smoke and maybe better FC. Hope our IT savvy bros can look into this issue.

byebye2u

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
It is inside the ECU programming , but I'm sure it can be done. For some diesel car coming here, even the DPF is remove without giving any problem.

rex4585

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Dec 5 2011, 07:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is inside the ECU programming , but I'm sure it can be done. For some diesel car coming here, even the DPF is remove without giving any problem.

Apparently most remapping outfit in UK can offer this service to remove egr and or dpf. But who can in Bolehland?

byebye2u

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Dec 5 2011, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Apparently most remapping outfit in UK can offer this service to remove egr and or dpf. But who can in Bolehland?

are you sure bro??? smile_tongue.gif

neonlee

Posted 05 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Dec 5 2011, 06:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know how to stop the Egr from functioning without throwing a check engine light? If this can be done then the inlet manifold won't be full of gunk and engine can breath fresh air rather than dirty exhaust fumes. More power and less smoke and maybe better FC. Hope our IT savvy bros can look into this issue.

yup, the EGR can be deleted using ECU mapping , inorder to disable the EGR , need the fully reverse engineer the ecu program
the ready reversed engineered program was quite costly, it call A2L file which is blue print of ECU program can use it to customize whatever we want..

btw, there is another way to delete EGR by disconect the vacum modulator hose and fooling the MAF sensor. ..i try to find the wiring diagram to do it..

rex4585

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:01 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Dec 5 2011, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup, the EGR can be deleted using ECU mapping , inorder to disable the EGR , need the fully reverse engineer the ecu program
the ready reversed engineered program was quite costly, it call A2L file which is blue print of ECU program can use it to customize whatever we want..

btw, there is another way to delete EGR by disconect the vacum modulator hose and fooling the MAF sensor. ..i try to find the wiring diagram to do it..

Just email the link to bro r3xt0n the article about the wiring diagram. Don't know how to post it myself

neonlee

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

neonlee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 574 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Dec 5 2011, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just email the link to bro r3xt0n the article about the wiring diagram. Don't know how to post it myself

haha actually bro r3xt0n was the 1 who send me the link last time.. smile_big.gif

r3xt0n

Posted 05 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (neonlee @ Dec 5 2011, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha actually bro r3xt0n was the 1 who send me the link last time.. smile_big.gif

We did researched into this many months back when we are working on Eco Map but unable to work out a solution yet at that time. Perhaps with more experience now, we could have better chance now.

spacebar

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

spacebar

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts
just curious if it can be removed without causing any side effect & even better for the car , than why is it there at the 1st place ?

citFreak

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

citFreak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
QUOTE (spacebar @ Dec 6 2011, 09:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just curious if it can be removed without causing any side effect & even better for the car , than why is it there at the 1st place ?

I've the same question :-), I thought EGR is for the goods of the car? anyone care to explain?