Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Teana Update

• Please log in to reply

jayraptor

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:57 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Dec 15 2011, 10:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nazak mktg staff like you more hardworking.. besides so active to promote in Nazak/Korean thread, need to go round Honda and Nissan thread to throw in rubbish to confuse people.. Hey so when going to prove your claim in X-Gear thread? People awaiting your proof on even Paul Tan fake his review?? So what you waiting for? Ar.. yah huh.. because false claims how to prove...hmmm.. smile_clown.gif

Wow, coming to AW forum once a week considered very active? Compared to you and your bunch that flock to AW at all times? How come you and your bunch did not post exaggerated FC reading whenever other brands threads posted comparison topic? Afraid that the forumners will throw more questions on your credibility that you would end up unable to answer?

Nokia6280

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:43 AM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
059.gif
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 15 2011, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nokia6280,

I am not paid to watch this forum or any car articles everyday like you and your bunch do. How do you expect me to go online everyday at anytime yet I don't own laptop and could access PC at CC only after work. You and your bunch could do so because it is part of your marketing job. As long as no one is spreading false propaganda with exaggerated claim that would fool buyers, there is no reason for me to attack.

Finally "siapa" noticed this forum... gone! habis! sterb292.gif teu30.gif Who ask you to online everyday? me? nah! sterb324.gif you is you and me is me.. who cares you online everyday, every hour or what! help! this guy really perasan bek075.gif

aiya! where got people carrying laptop nowaday comp26.gif .. so bulky and looks stupid.. only those outdated, old fashion and factless people carrying old things and information, also pretenting they know every damn thing..

hahahahaha! smile_big.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

jent8

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:05 AM

jent8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
QUOTE (kfkw @ Dec 14 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh u didn't know who's the Siapa....hahaha you will know when someone condemn your remarks!

Most of the forumer knows who's the SIAPA....if your day aren't good try reading past thread you will know who...really can make u laugh....everybody here loves it! it make our day brights!

I think i got the answer for car jerking in low speed during jam time....let me ask u a question

1) how you guys normally starts the car?

a) immediately start by pressing on brake and start

cool.gif press start to ON let the engine check all the functions wait till the engine chk sign OFF then only press brake and Start.

Today I did the test using option (a) and the car jerks during low speed in jam.

Then I try option (cool.gif - no more jerking.

Try and comment I maybe wrong.

Interesting, I always do this. I was told about this many years ago when I was driving a citroen. Citroen >5 years ago (and maybe even now) always have lots of gadgets (digital speedo and etc) and usually will always have fault after a while. When I got the car, a senior citroen engineer told me to do just like 'B' before starting the car to maintain the electronics. And true enough, my citroen never had any electronic problems (4 years). After I change to mercs, also the same advice from another senior engineer (15 years exp) from mercs. I think it is definitely a good habit but whether it reduce jerking or not, I am not sure..

jent8

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

jent8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
There are some comments that I would like to post anyway.

The Teana is a D-segment whereas the C-Class is a C-segment. Comparing both, the C-Class will sure lose on interior space. It is more appropriate to compare the Teana with current D segment instead, if wanted to compare with luxury conti makes, it should be with E-class, 5-series, A6 that their comfort is focus on wrapping around the passenger like personal couch rather than 3 seater sofa. Those who dislike wraparound couch will not like luxury conti brand much.

Another thing is comparing Teana 2.5 vs Sonata 2.0 and Camry 2.0 is not proper neither. D-segment 2.0L would have to rev slightly higher to pull the heavy >1400kg body with torque of just 190Nm@4000rpm in Camry and 197Nm@4600rpm in Sonata YF. Once breaching 3000-3800rpm, the engine will start to roar. The 2.5L Teana has 228Nm@4400rpm torque in disposal, so the 2 owners that own 2.0L D-segment will definitely be impressed with the pulling power.

The 2 will say otherwise if they owned 2.4L Sonata and Camry when comes to pulling power, overall long term use and FC. They might be impressed with the Teana's soft leather interior, boxy interior space and the V6 rev. The Camry is retiring soon, should wait for the new dual VVti Camry to launch and compare again.

Ha..ha.. so you're the 'siapa'. Seriously no pun intended. Anyway, I agree it is not appropriate but I can only compare cars which I own and driving now. I don't believe just by driving for 30mins -1 hour test drive, you already know everything about the car. Also, you cannot compare a car exp. with different drivers. Each individual interprete differently. And pls do not compare manufacturer specs - that is the lowest form of comparison.

I have actually own or was loaned an E-class 2009 model avantgarde for 3 months (just taking care of it for a friend while he was away) last year, but I don't want to compare it as I may have not accurately remember the exp. But if you wish:
Comfort wise - For the driver - I must say the seats is better for the E-class as the seat is longer (not taller) thus better supporting my legs. However, for rear passenger comfort, the teana wins. Even my wife commented on this as soon as she sat at the back.
Interior space - not much different actually. At least not much perceivable difference.
Boot space - same I guess.
Engine performance - of course the merc wins. What do you expect? But I must say they both have similar characteristics. A V6 is a V6. It is different from inline-4, even with Turbo. It is difficult to explain, it is not just about output, it is the character of the engine itself...
Driving dynamics - Merc will always win this one.
Driving comfort - Now, you may not believe this but the Teana is much more comfortable to drive. If I am stuck in a jam - definitely the Teana. Teana also has just the right balance of stiffness. It is not too 'hard'.
FC - what do you think? The E-240 gulps fuel!
NVH - I really don't remember this - so won't comment.
Most importantly - Price: Don't need to comment on this.

So, make up your own mind... I made up mine.

Btw, the best review is a review which compares cars at the same time. I believe I read in Paultan before - a triple review - I think that is a gold standard review. Drive the cars one after another. smile_thumbup.gif

paulkky

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:18 AM

paulkky

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
QUOTE (jent8 @ Dec 16 2011, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha..ha.. so you're the 'siapa'. Seriously no pun intended. Anyway, I agree it is not appropriate but I can only compare cars which I own and driving now. I don't believe just by driving for 30mins -1 hour test drive, you already know everything about the car. Also, you cannot compare a car exp. with different drivers. Each individual interprete differently. And pls do not compare manufacturer specs - that is the lowest form of comparison.

I have actually own or was loaned an E-class 2009 model avantgarde for 3 months (just taking care of it for a friend while he was away) last year, but I don't want to compare it as I may have not accurately remember the exp. But if you wish:
Comfort wise - For the driver - I must say the seats is better for the E-class as the seat is longer (not taller) thus better supporting my legs. However, for rear passenger comfort, the teana wins. Even my wife commented on this as soon as she sat at the back.
Interior space - not much different actually. At least not much perceivable difference.
Engine performance - of course the merc wins. What do you expect? But I must say they both have similar characteristics. A V6 is a V6. It is different from inline-4, even with Turbo. It is difficult to explain, it is not just about output, it is the character of the engine itself...
Driving comfort - Now, you may not believe this but the Teana is much more comfortable to drive. If I am stuck in a jam - definitely the Teana. Teana also has just the right balance of stiffness. It is not too 'hard'.

Btw, the best review is a review which compares cars at the same time. I believe I read in Paultan before - a triple review - I think that is a gold standard review. Drive the cars one after another. smile_thumbup.gif

Who cares about itu siapa ... he can make comments...is a free country and free forum....
no point arguing....here is just for teana owners updates...
We just read and make our own comments.....and have a laugh.....

It just like making love...u can say that chic is good to F....but others might say otherwise....hahaha

cheers

sunyatsen

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
Nokia6280,

I am not paid to watch this forum or any car articles everyday like you and your bunch do. How do you expect me to go online everyday at anytime yet I don't own laptop and could access PC at CC only after work. You and your bunch could do so because it is part of your marketing job. As long as no one is spreading false propaganda with exaggerated claim that would fool buyers, there is no reason for me to attack.

Wah you are here also. Nazak is really nazak now. Forummers who have been following the threads know who has the ill intention. You have mistakenly revealed yourself in the threads and it's not difficult to assess one's identity through the info and the direction of their replies. I guessed all Nissan owners and have good opinions on their rides are Nissan staff. You have been saying that Nissan staff have been spreading false FC propaganda. But WHERE IS IT?????? I hope the forum administrator will do something about this sinkalen in misleading and jeopardising the peace of the forum.

cbsteh

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
I am a firm believer in the remark made by the late astronomer, Carl Sagan: "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

Put simply, when you make a claim that counters current understanding, you have to work very hard to ensure your claim is supported by ample and strong evidence. The more startling the claim, the more evidence and the more stronger the evidence is required. Your evidence is needed to add weight to your claim and make people pay attention and seriously consider the validity of your claim.

So, let's say I make a startling claim that "Nissan car engines tend to explode if you drive the cars at 120 km/h for more than 3 continuous hours."

My claim, if true, is very important to all of us. However, if I want to convince people that I am right, I have to be prepared to work very hard by collecting lots of evidence to back up my claim. Not only that, I have to ensure my evidence is scientifically strong and can be validated by independent parties.

I also have to be prepared to be queried in-depth and my claim tested by others. If I get angry at people's sceptical questions or start to shout or bang tables or call people names because people asks me lots of questions or are sceptical of my claims, I would most probably fail in my mission of convincing people on my important message.

jayraptor

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:14 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jent8 @ Dec 16 2011, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

jent8 and paulkky,

I am expecting the few bunch of Marketing staff to reply as per their invitation. Just borrowed part of your comments to counter them, see how would these bunch that are given company car reply. They have not replied anything related to their products so far as if they don't even understand a thing that they are trying to market here on AW. Won't reply you first as I wanted to hear their answers. I bet they would answer with angry shooting rather than posting proper comments.

feelfree, nokia, mikimao,

Aren't you bunch supposed to be the first to reply. I haven't seen you guys replying like owners do. Popcorn replied already and did not post anything related. How about you bunch.

edthrax

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

edthrax

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 16 2011, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
jent8 and paulkky,

I am expecting the few bunch of Marketing staff to reply as per their invitation. Just borrowed part of your comments to counter them, see how would these bunch that are given company car reply. They have not replied anything related to their products so far as if they don't even understand a thing that they are trying to market here on AW. Won't reply you first as I wanted to hear their answers. I bet they would answer with angry shooting rather than posting proper comments.

feelfree, nokia, mikimao,

Aren't you bunch supposed to be the first to reply. I haven't seen you guys replying like owners do. Popcorn replied already and did not post anything related. How about you bunch.

Have u ever been posting anything RELATED ??? no proof don't talk cock la wei.. U confirm naza salesperson la, see from ur post at naza thread also know already.. come on la, if nak promote ur car, Register as advertiser la.
Jayraptor's Awesome Facts are based on “my friend”, “my foreman”, “my colleagues” or some car magazines. Posts like an essay for an exam, but never with proven facts.

sunyatsen

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:41 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 15 2011, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow, coming to AW forum once a week considered very active? Compared to you and your bunch that flock to AW at all times? How come you and your bunch did not post exaggerated FC reading whenever other brands threads posted comparison topic? Afraid that the forumners will throw more questions on your credibility that you would end up unable to answer?

Don't bullshit you come once a week!!! Proof is all over the forum that you have been very active. At least average 2 to 3 days you will come in with a vengeance. smile_tongue.gif I think you have problems in comprehending simple English. My replies about Sylphy is all in the Nissan thread. I only talk about the Sylphy because I own one unlike you who know nuts about Nissan models except the N16. We might not challenge you if you are talking about N16. The day you talk about Sylphy can't accomodate 3 reasonably sized adults at the back is the day I suspect your ill intention. Not only that, your knowledge about Nazak sales strategy and comprehensive details about stock availability confirmed our suspicion.[/ smile_tongue.gif

Dear forummers, go to the Nazak threads and see how the sinkalen jayraptor talks over there. It would not need a genius to guess his identity. Anyway, the sinkalen is actually everywhere talking bad about Nissan as if Nissan owes him 6 months salary or have killed his family members. It's ok if he's talking senses but there are just too much bullshit.