Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

What Do You Do?

• Please log in to reply

ain206

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:42 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
I was on the federal highway yesterday when an ambulance and 2 police car asking for with siren asking for right of way. too many style of road user response to it.

A. keep to the the right/left depending on which lane they are.
B. (some) buat bodoh
C. (some) even stop without even moving left or right to make way.
D. (some) give way and quickly cilok to follow from behind.

Take your pick or share how would you response.

cbsteh

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:33 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Nov 30 2011, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was on the federal highway yesterday when an ambulance and 2 police car asking for with siren asking for right of way. too many style of road user response to it.

A. keep to the the right/left depending on which lane they are.
B. (some) buat bodoh
C. (some) even stop without even moving left or right to make way.
D. (some) give way and quickly cilok to follow from behind.

Take your pick or share how would you response.

Are you saying there is an ambulance behind you, asking the right of way, but at the same time, there is also the police nearby, asking the right of way? Both at the same time? If that was the case, no wonder people are confused. Making way by moving aside may block the other party.

Well, if it was me, I would make way to both of them. First to one party, then to other. I certainly won't stop my car in the middle of the road or give way, then quickly sneak up behind them.

vr2turbo

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Move aside whichever way that can let them through....
For goodness sake never follow them.....

cute_boboi

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 30 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Move aside whichever way that can let them through....
For goodness sake never follow them.....

Use common sense and own judgement.

Pre-check
Before the ambulance reach directly behind you, you should already notice which path the ambulance is using, i.e.
- Left most lane
- In between cars
- Right most lane
- Not your lane (i.e. 3 lanes or more)

Ambulance 2-3 cars behind you
If you are at left most lane:
(i) If ambulance is using the emergency lane (left lane), then you move towards right to give way.
(ii) If ambulance is using middle lane (i.e. on your right), you move towards the left (emergency lane)

In between cars:
(i) You move the opposite side (left/right) to let the ambulance pass.

Right most lane:
(i) Similiar like the left most lane, if ambulance wants to use the right most lane, signal and get into the left/middle lane.
(ii) If ambulance is using middle lane (i.e. on your left), you move towards the right (road divider)

Not your lane, means e.g. you are on left most lane, and the ambulance is on the 3rd lane at the right.
(i) When cars on your side move closer to you, try to give way and you move to the side as well. Give and take a bit to give space. Don't act dumb and pretend nothing. Or worse, get angry why the other side cars is getting closer to your door side.
(ii) vice versa

No matter what, when the ambulance is already close, 2-3 cars away, slow down and give left/right signal to indicate whether you are slowing down on the left/right side. So that the ambulance driver know which path to choose.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 30 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Most detailed expatiation....... smile_thumbup.gif

kcyang

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:31 PM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Nov 30 2011, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Use common sense and own judgement.

Pre-check
Before the ambulance reach directly behind you, you should already notice which path the ambulance is using, i.e.
- Left most lane
- In between cars
- Right most lane
- Not your lane (i.e. 3 lanes or more)

Ambulance 2-3 cars behind you
If you are at left most lane:
(i) If ambulance is using the emergency lane (left lane), then you move towards right to give way.
(ii) If ambulance is using middle lane (i.e. on your right), you move towards the left (emergency lane)

In between cars:
(i) You move the opposite side (left/right) to let the ambulance pass.

Right most lane:
(i) Similiar like the left most lane, if ambulance wants to use the right most lane, signal and get into the left/middle lane.
(ii) If ambulance is using middle lane (i.e. on your left), you move towards the right (road divider)

Not your lane, means e.g. you are on left most lane, and the ambulance is on the 3rd lane at the right.
(i) When cars on your side move closer to you, try to give way and you move to the side as well. Give and take a bit to give space. Don't act dumb and pretend nothing. Or worse, get angry why the other side cars is getting closer to your door side.
(ii) vice versa

No matter what, when the ambulance is already close, 2-3 cars away, slow down and give left/right signal to indicate whether you are slowing down on the left/right side. So that the ambulance driver know which path to choose.

This is one question i will always ask myself, if you're the 1st car infront of a junction with red traffic light and you realize that an ambulance a few cars behind you unable to move. Will you beat the red light risking your life and other oncoming traffic or wait for the green light? smile_question.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (kcyang @ Dec 4 2011, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is one question i will always ask myself, if you're the 1st car infront of a junction with red traffic light and you realize that an ambulance a few cars behind you unable to move. Will you beat the red light risking your life and other oncoming traffic or wait for the green light? smile_question.gif

If can move safely then move, if not then stay put, if not may need another ambulance...... smile_blackeye.gif

kcyang

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:59 PM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 4 2011, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If can move safely then move, if not then stay put, if not may need another ambulance...... smile_blackeye.gif

Aiyo....the statement in bold very disheartening, it's like want to help die, don't want to help also die smile_cry.gif

br1

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:46 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (kcyang @ Dec 4 2011, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aiyo....the statement in bold very disheartening, it's like want to help die, don't want to help also die smile_cry.gif

if you can move aside do so and not dash red light as it will then need another ambulance hahahah
- or just stay put - no choice, but usually still can find some space to move alittle to allow the ambulance to pass.

tpl

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
slow down abit find either left/right to let them pass loh
2012 NMT President