Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

How's Your Sentra After Xx Yrs.?

• Please log in to reply

fkmfkm

Posted 31 July 2013 - 08:49 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (utrium @ Jul 31 2013, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI Sifu,

My N16 2002 having below issue,

i) while driving sometimes the gear doesn't shift up at all
ii) while driving suddenly the transmission moves to idle position. i.e. something like driving in neutral gear.
iii) it only happens at times not always.
Iv)engine sound seem going loud as previous.

I asked the TCEAS and they are saying mostly need to change the evolution sensor and it cause RM600++,
and with the checking with all the sensor and cause Rm120++.

If anyone has any experience with this before and what is the real root cause.
I check back the old thread V1. Someone has the same issue,but i do not know the resolution.

Hope all the Nissan folks can give some input here

ask them to confirm will fix the problem after change...

hhhlow14

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

hhhlow14

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 787 posts
How time flies........my Sentra SG 1.6 is celebrating the 8th birthday come Mar with normal wear n tear only as compared with my previous 6 yr Waja 1.6. I hv one word to describe it - " Reliable. "
Plan to change to 16" rim very soon. Anyone done that and how's the ride and FC affected much? Awaiting your valuable feed-back. Thanks.

nextar

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

nextar

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 339 posts
Hi,

My sentra is giving out knocking sound like tuk tuk from the front wheel. Anyboby can tell which part need to be replaced to remove the sound. Any suggestion from experienced owners will be much appreciated. Thank you.

hhhlow14

Posted 07 May 2014 - 11:24 PM

hhhlow14

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 787 posts
Guys,

After 98 mths & 159kkm of usage, it's time to say good-bye to my faithful 06 Sentra 1.6 SG and move up a level to out-going 06 X-trail. I plan to let go for RM31,000k. Anyone interested and need more details can mail me at herman4999@yahoo.com

yapvc

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:55 AM

yapvc

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 774 posts
QUOTE (utrium @ Jul 31 2013, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI Sifu,

My N16 2002 having below issue,

i) while driving sometimes the gear doesn't shift up at all
ii) while driving suddenly the transmission moves to idle position. i.e. something like driving in neutral gear.
iii) it only happens at times not always.
Iv)engine sound seem going loud as previous.

I asked the TCEAS and they are saying mostly need to change the evolution sensor and it cause RM600++,
and with the checking with all the sensor and cause Rm120++.

If anyone has any experience with this before and what is the real root cause.
I check back the old thread V1. Someone has the same issue,but i do not know the resolution.

Hope all the Nissan folks can give some input here

>>>>Hi Utrium,

Your case is due to failure (or soon to be faulty) sensor. They call it Phase and Post sensor. One for fly wheel and another for cam shaft. Both sensors synchro to one another. If one too late or too early signal, you will experience such problem you are facing now. It's one of the many symptoms. I would suggest that you replace both sensors and readjust back or RESET the ECCS control. That would cost you roughly RM700 and peace of mind in many years to come. N16 is very realiable, just like his grandpa DATSUN & SUNNY.

"" Reduce speed, Manage anger & attitude - Arrive Alive "" 

yapvc

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:59 AM

yapvc

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 774 posts
QUOTE (nextar @ Jan 9 2014, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

My sentra is giving out knocking sound like tuk tuk from the front wheel. Anyboby can tell which part need to be replaced to remove the sound. Any suggestion from experienced owners will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Nextar...

1. Get your technician to apply grease on both the front and rear calipers. Then test out.
2. If still the same, the caliper might have worn out (the rubber portion). Best is to replace. Buy the caliper set from your local store (there are 4 versions - make sure you specify your model and year correctly) and replaced.

That will last for at least 3 years. Its just normal wear n tear parts that needs maintenance.

yapvc

Posted 25 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

yapvc

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 774 posts
QUOTE (hhhlow14 @ Jan 6 2014, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How time flies........my Sentra SG 1.6 is celebrating the 8th birthday come Mar with normal wear n tear only as compared with my previous 6 yr Waja 1.6. I hv one word to describe it - " Reliable. "
Plan to change to 16" rim very soon. Anyone done that and how's the ride and FC affected much? Awaiting your valuable feed-back. Thanks.

low...how nice if you can keep that N16 and upgrade the engine to SR18-DET version and strengthen the chassis.

samuione

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

samuione

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
Hello to all Sifu,
quick one, my old manual B14 recently hv some problem, jerking while idle or acceralate, meter drop very fast while release pedal.

1. Engine jerking during idles.
2. Accelerate also have the jerking.
3. Engine easily dies off.
4. Already check the Air Flow Sensor, is unlikely not the Air Flow Sensor.
5. Any idea?

yapvc

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

yapvc

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 774 posts
QUOTE (samuione @ Sep 2 2014, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello to all Sifu,
quick one, my old manual B14 recently hv some problem, jerking while idle or acceralate, meter drop very fast while release pedal.

1. Engine jerking during idles.
2. Accelerate also have the jerking.
3. Engine easily dies off.
4. Already check the Air Flow Sensor, is unlikely not the Air Flow Sensor.
5. Any idea?

Hi Sam,

Still with yr B14 huh....good. I don't think air flow sensor is the culprit. Have you check the IACV (Idle air control valve)? It could be full of carbon. Normally i clean mine (N16) every year. Another thing could be your injectors. You might want to do the valve clean as well. Also check your air intake to see any cracks along the housing that may cause sudden rich volume of air into intake system.

samuione

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

samuione

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
QUOTE (yapvc @ Sep 11 2014, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Sam,

Still with yr B14 huh....good. I don't think air flow sensor is the culprit. Have you check the IACV (Idle air control valve)? It could be full of carbon. Normally i clean mine (N16) every year. Another thing could be your injectors. You might want to do the valve clean as well. Also check your air intake to see any cracks along the housing that may cause sudden rich volume of air into intake system.

I send to workshop nearby, the workshop send to wiring checking, end up is wiring problem.
the workshop din't know what wire man did too.

so no able to share to problem here too.