Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Con Job Common?

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Recently, a foreigner friend of mine had her car turned turtle in an accident (driven by her brother). Reported at the KL Traffic HQ and I think one of those Batu Caves car workshop people approached her there and she agreed to let them repair the car.

She got a shock when she went to the workshop there and was told her car was a total loss. They told her that she can claim from insurance (about RM10-15K, they said), but the problem is she said the car isn't hers! The damage she saw was too extensive and the colour was also a little different than her car.

I advised her that she can easily check if that is her car by taking a photo of "her" car at the workshop and compare that to the photo taken by the police.

So, I am wondering if this kind of con job is common? I think people are taking advantage of her because she is a foreigner (an Iranian lady) and still new to the country.

rallychamp

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:45 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Nov 24 2011, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently, a foreigner friend of mine had her car turned turtle in an accident (driven by her brother). Reported at the KL Traffic HQ and I think one of those Batu Caves car workshop people approached her there and she agreed to let them repair the car.

She got a shock when she went to the workshop there and was told her car was a total loss. They told her that she can claim from insurance (about RM10-15K, they said), but the problem is she said the car isn't hers! The damage she saw was too extensive and the colour was also a little different than her car.

I advised her that she can easily check if that is her car by taking a photo of "her" car at the workshop and compare that to the photo taken by the police.

So, I am wondering if this kind of con job is common? I think people are taking advantage of her because she is a foreigner (an Iranian lady) and still new to the country.

only way is to bring police as well....(including the police picture)

this is unusual to us...but usual to some those predator repair shop......

normally they swap damaged car picture for owner to claim "more than the actual damage deserve"

since she was foreigner perhaps the shop just cut throat for themself to enjoy....maybe if u go along can help on this...

p/s:she pretty or not?? smile_tongue.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

cbsteh

Posted 25 November 2011 - 09:00 AM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Nov 25 2011, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

normally they swap damaged car picture for owner to claim "more than the actual damage deserve"

since she was foreigner perhaps the shop just cut throat for themself to enjoy....maybe if u go along can help on this...

Yeah, I never trust these workshops. I am surprised by her experience as well. I don't think these con men would be so bold if dealing with locals. I did tell her to talk to her insurance company and the police. I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet so I don't know the progress.

P.S. Pretty, ok loh. smile_big.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 25 November 2011 - 01:32 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Nov 25 2011, 02:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

May be in it as well?? smile_shock.gif
Normally they swap parts, good parts with damaged parts for more claim, but for themselves not the owner. Most, most they tell owner they pau the excess clause, maybe spray whole car free etc., After adjuster see already and approve they put back all the previous good part bad on the car.

If repairs cost more then the Car amount insured, normally the Insurance will pay total loss......

tpl

Posted 05 December 2011 - 11:47 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
if very newly launched car most prolly u get ori new parts.. kekekke
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 06 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Dec 5 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if very newly launched car most prolly u get ori new parts.. kekekke

Aiyoh! all sorts of tactics..... smile_blackeye.gif

tpl

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:49 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
bolehland ma.. wat to do..
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 07 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Dec 6 2011, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bolehland ma.. wat to do..

Another reason why you cabut...... smile_wink.gif

ntc2000

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Nov 25 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I never trust these workshops. I am surprised by her experience as well. I don't think these con men would be so bold if dealing with locals. I did tell her to talk to her insurance company and the police. I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet so I don't know the progress.

P.S. Pretty, ok loh. smile_big.gif

yup, better bring police or insurance guy together ...

But there is a case where insurance fella pakat with those con man and tell the bullshit thing.... that forumer report till consumer tribunal and get proton fella to verify all the fake part and original spare part number... at last he able to claim all the original part as stated in proton report. Funny thing is that they stick "waja" blue logo on his persona elegance, reason given by conman and adjuster is "they cant find black PE logo"... 059.gif 059.gif

if that gal is pretty, i think AW got a lot volunteer can help 1 ... 059.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 07 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Aiyoh! really macam macam ada....... smile_blackeye.gif