Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Is It Worth Getting Bmw 530d Or E270cdi Or Others?

• Please log in to reply

nonokia

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:40 PM

nonokia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Nov 25 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i will vote DAP if they can abolish car AP and can bring more choice conti cars to malaysian market....

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

LanGanu007

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:43 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (DSAI @ Nov 25 2011, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i will vote DAP if they can abolish car AP and can bring more choice conti cars to malaysian market....

And EURO4 or EURO5 Diesel smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif
--007--

LanGanu007

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:52 AM

LanGanu007

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 577 posts
QUOTE (nonokia @ Nov 25 2011, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi

Which model is most suitable then? Got any sifu 5 star recommendation? Reliability, quietness and tough for Klang roads?

Proven track record = Toyota Hilux

Also equally good car but erratic after sales service (servicing/spare parts) = soon to be launced Ford Ranger smile_tongue.gif

But if you want to be really different from the rest = recently launched Chevrolet Colorado (but questionable after sales service...Chevrolet marketed by the Naza people smile_blackeye.gif my neighbour had to wait 9 months for his Chevrolet to undergo simple accident repair which was not caused by him...his car was rear ended smile_angry.gif )

Or if you really want to be very different from the rest but don't mind the premium price tag = definitely the soon to be launched Volkswagen Amarok...German Technology, Comfort and Reliability now available in a robust package smile_thumbup.gif
--007--

AC19

Posted 07 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

AC19

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Apr 5 2012, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And EURO4 or EURO5 Diesel smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

trink39.gif

macques

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:14 AM

macques

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Heard that the 530 is using piezo injector which now still beyond repair

alan66

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:15 AM

alan66

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (macques @ Apr 24 2012, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard that the 530 is using piezo injector which now still beyond repair

I was advised not to go for bmw diesel but that was like 7 years ago.

macques

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:51 AM

macques

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (alan66 @ Apr 26 2012, 10:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was advised not to go for bmw diesel but that was like 7 years ago.

piezo injector confirm still beyond repair

tazztham

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
well, i get to know a several 530d owner and to me it is a very reliable engine. run more than 200K engine still smooth as silk. however, usually it has gearbox problem and not the engine. reason could be the massive torque 500Nm it has to take on. as far as i know, as long as it is using Bosch injectors, u are pretty problem free.

same goes to my own experience with a Fiat Marea 1.9JTD, i drive it agressively and it served me well for 220K. no repair at all on the engine except timing belt as wear n tear. i will give double thumbs up for an italian ride made in 2000. of course the fuel system is by Bosch. smile_thumbup.gif

tazztham

macques

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

macques

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (tazztham @ May 4 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, i get to know a several 530d owner and to me it is a very reliable engine. run more than 200K engine still smooth as silk. however, usually it has gearbox problem and not the engine. reason could be the massive torque 500Nm it has to take on. as far as i know, as long as it is using Bosch injectors, u are pretty problem free.

same goes to my own experience with a Fiat Marea 1.9JTD, i drive it agressively and it served me well for 220K. no repair at all on the engine except timing belt as wear n tear. i will give double thumbs up for an italian ride made in 2000. of course the fuel system is by Bosch. smile_thumbup.gif

Bro, I was formerly from Robert Bosch training centre. I m quite familiar with the system

tazztham

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:31 PM

tazztham

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts
QUOTE (macques @ May 4 2012, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, I was formerly from Robert Bosch training centre. I m quite familiar with the system

great! so what are you indicating? not to go for it? i think not only bosch injector non repairable but others as well. the question here is if it is reliable, why worry about repairing? i believe nothing is forever. smile_blush.gif

tazztham