Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Alphard-good Mpv?

• Please log in to reply

dmj70

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:05 AM

dmj70

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi,
I am from Sabah. Is anyone has experience with toyota alphard? hows the fuel consumption? maintenance fees? how comfortable the back seats for adults? road tax cost? spare parts availability? safety features?

Any other suggestion for good MPV beside Toyota Alphard?

scenic

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:09 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (dmj70 @ Nov 17 2011, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
I am from Sabah. Is anyone has experience with toyota alphard? hows the fuel consumption? maintenance fees? how comfortable the back seats for adults? road tax cost? spare parts availability? safety features?

Any other suggestion for good MPV beside Toyota Alphard?

Wait for the VW Sharan. Cheers. smile_approve.gif
director's choice

profkaizen

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:05 PM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Nov 17 2011, 10:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wait for the VW Sharan. Cheers. smile_approve.gif

The best so-called "MPV" is the JUARA [the "champion" mah...] smile_evil.gif

mshafieq

Posted 23 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

mshafieq

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Bro,

I drive an 8-seater 2008 alphard. Overall i must say it is a good car for d family. Lemme try to answer some of ur qtn briefly:

Comfort: very comfort for driver and passengers, even at 3rd row seat
Fuel consumption: varies from 19sen-25 sen depending on your driving style, but i've gotton 17 sen frm my alphard before
Other positives: being a japanese, second hand value better and maintenance is low (tyres may cost a bit more)

Try to join some alphard owners club out there and ask for their opinions la..gud luck

Tourist

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:28 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (mshafieq @ Nov 23 2011, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

I drive an 8-seater 2008 alphard. Overall i must say it is a good car for d family. Lemme try to answer some of ur qtn briefly:

Comfort: very comfort for driver and passengers, even at 3rd row seat
Fuel consumption: varies from 19sen-25 sen depending on your driving style, but i've gotton 17 sen frm my alphard before
Other positives: being a japanese, second hand value better and maintenance is low (tyres may cost a bit more)

Try to join some alphard owners club out there and ask for their opinions la..gud luck

Is that the 2.4 or 3 liter engines?
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

scenic

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:40 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ Nov 26 2011, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the 2.4 or 3 liter engines?

My neighnour 2.4 Alphard was sold off after 2 years as was underpower when travelled with full load smile_angry.gif and handle like a boat. Another friend's 3.0 was also sold off and lost 80K in one year, maintenance too high to swallow for a so called luxury van in Japan context. Sorry don't flame me just telling what I see from two people's ownership experience. After it is a RECON, no ? Cheers.
director's choice

byebye2u

Posted 27 November 2011 - 07:51 AM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Nov 27 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My neighnour 2.4 Alphard was sold off after 2 years as was underpower when travelled with full load smile_angry.gif and handle like a boat. Another friend's 3.0 was also sold off and lost 80K in one year, maintenance too high to swallow for a so called luxury van in Japan context. Sorry don't flame me just telling what I see from two people's ownership experience. After it is a RECON, no ? Cheers.

ohmy.gif huh. most on highway run like a cheetah but rarely seen in full load, maybe the suspension set to comfortable or koyak already. I love to see it's beauty and big spacious . others that has such big space maybe only Starex .

scenic

Posted 27 November 2011 - 08:17 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Nov 27 2011, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohmy.gif huh. most on highway run like a cheetah but rarely seen in full load, maybe the suspension set to comfortable or koyak already. I love to see it's beauty and big spacious . others that has such big space maybe only Starex .

Better off with the Starex and its wonderful diesel technology. 5 years warranty and it is new. Saw many of them in Peru but no Alphard though. But, some people's mentality...... smile_sleepy.gif
director's choice

profkaizen

Posted 27 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Nov 27 2011, 07:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
...... After it is a RECON, no ? Cheers.

RECON means after having being "conned" and got "conned" again smile_shock.gif

br1

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Nov 27 2011, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better off with the Starex and its wonderful diesel technology. 5 years warranty and it is new. Saw many of them in Peru but no Alphard though. But, some people's mentality...... smile_sleepy.gif

Here in Malaysia - see plp buy, you buy kiasu type, see many is good, see less mean no good. But to me they are a personal minibus and prices is too exhobitant. this vehicle must have amad to drive and not for self drive.