Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 508

• Please log in to reply

swinee

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:13 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 14 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yo bro swinee. Shall we go have a private test of the 508 again? I am arranging one maybe this week if time permits. Will call you.

yup..for sure i wanna tag along..cos the initial impression is so seductive laugh.gif

khlee23

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Nov 14 2011, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yup..for sure i wanna tag along..cos the initial impression is so seductive laugh.gif

Let me be the "judge". Must invite me too!!
Life is short. Seize the day!

yclam8628

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:33 AM

yclam8628

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 14 2011, 09:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only RM200 booking fee? I thought its 1% of the total car price?

Booking fee is merely RM1k. No penalty to cancel when the car hasn't arrived, when it arrives and you want to cancel, penalty is RM200.

My concern is Peugeot maintenance cost, anyone can share the thought?

danieltcc

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

danieltcc

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
QUOTE (yclam8628 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Booking fee is merely RM1k. No penalty to cancel when the car hasn't arrived, when it arrives and you want to cancel, penalty is RM200.

My concern is Peugeot maintenance cost, anyone can share the thought?

I feel that the maintenance cost is generally quite similar across the makes and ranges. For my 407, it usually ranges between RM250 to RM400 (for standard servicing) and dependent on the type of oil you are using. I think it is quite similar to your general Toyota and Honda. In fact, for Toyota, to service a Camry using non-Toyota engine oil... I think its also around that price range. Conti cars generally more temperamental but if you understand the car, you will derive a great drive out of your car. Japs are reliable, no doubt. But for the price you pay, doesn't translate into an enjoyable drive as a conti can give. For the price of just under a Camry 2.4, I think the 508 is value packed.
Daniel in the Lion's Den

hakimi79

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (danieltcc @ Nov 14 2011, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel that the maintenance cost is generally quite similar across the makes and ranges. For my 407, it usually ranges between RM250 to RM400 (for standard servicing) and dependent on the type of oil you are using. I think it is quite similar to your general Toyota and Honda. In fact, for Toyota, to service a Camry using non-Toyota engine oil... I think its also around that price range. Conti cars generally more temperamental but if you understand the car, you will derive a great drive out of your car. Japs are reliable, no doubt. But for the price you pay, doesn't translate into an enjoyable drive as a conti can give. For the price of just under a Camry 2.4, I think the 508 is value packed.

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif plan to book mine soon

septrain

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:12 AM

septrain

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts
test drive unit available at all PUG showrooms?

thinkerr

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (septrain @ Nov 14 2011, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately NO...this is the sucky part on Nasim's end. No car even after launch. And yet the salesman is forcing me to put a downpayment without testing. Think we are all sor hai!!!

yclam8628

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

yclam8628

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts
QUOTE (septrain @ Nov 14 2011, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The 2 shops in Perai & SP has the car and only Perai allows me drive inside the shop compound and not the main road so I tested the car with round and round at highest speed I can.....

Still waiting for the registration of the car and have the real test drive at highway. Call up your nearest showroom to ask if they allow for test drive.

I heard KL has a test drive car....

thinkerr

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:08 PM

thinkerr

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,625 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Nov 14 2011, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif plan to book mine soon

Which branch?

swinee

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:41 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (thinkerr @ Nov 14 2011, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Which branch?

tat day at matrade, i met one quite informative n nice sa who served me, branched in TTDI..at least he is someone who dun crap around..and wont just praise his product till skyhigh n stamping on other makes..lol..if u want further info, can pass u the contact..but can see that u preety fix up ur mind huh? smile_tongue.gif