Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Altis 10th Gen

• Please log in to reply

csin86

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

csin86

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Hi,

need advise here, i have a altis 10th gen with dunlop SP sport 01 tyres, but the road noise is very loud, especially during rain,

so my option is,

1. change a new quiter tyre, but what tyres is more quite? can suggest?

2. sound proof? but where to soundproof? or auto foam??

any altisan here with their ride noise solved? any tips??

thks!!!

dchong

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:52 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
Hi cs,

Yup, the newer Altis and Vios's NVH is not as good as the previous models.

1) The stock tires are noisy fellas so i advice you have them changed early to get better trade-in value.
I cant recall your size but my favourite quiet tires are B/Stone GR90, Yoko db Zero and surprising...Falken 522 or something like that?
The current Michelins do not impress me much personally.

Also have them properly Balanced ( on-wheel, if possible) and Aligned. Call me for my favourite Alignment places.

2) For water splash noise, a good coat of Wurth under-coating will help significantly.

3) After the Tires and if you want to improve the NVH further, a combo of Sound-proofing ND AutoFOAM will Transform your ride dramatically.

Cheers,

Des
KL AUTO
facebook / autofoam
KL Auto Accessories Sdn. Bhd.
No: 66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff, Kompleks Damai
Off Jalan Ipoh, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4042 9928 / 603-4044 9928
H/P No: 017-282 3073 (Desmond Chong)
http://www.autofoam.com.my/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autofoam/193456474019263

Nismo83

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:04 PM

Nismo83

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
how much would the above cost? i'm driving 10th gen altis

dchong

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:27 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
Hi,

We are testing a new Sound-proofing coating from STP called Noise liquidator.
It is a painted to the wheel arches, mudguard to reduce Tire, Road and stone noise.
Very different from the normal under-coat.

Initial results are very good esp when coupled with Roar Buster.
We are now testing the results when applied alone and in different locations.

Once we have perfected the application, we will let you guys know.

Cheers,

Des
KL AUTO
facebook/Autofoam.

marvinl

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

marvinl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Desmond, I took two weeks to observe the improvement after sound proof done to my Altis. With two reasons, to ensure reliability and consistency. I am glad to say...you have certainly meet my expectation. I am comfortable to say...my car NVH level has moved to a notch higher. Here's my humble review with details.

What is the obvious improvement? Of course, road noise and you know me well as I am one of the fuzzy guy. After sound proof my doors, bonnet, boot and the wheel arc...I can notice the overall road noise level has been reduced. Of course, I don't have the ratio of percentage...but I am using the relative comparison to justify. I turn on my player while on the way to work and back. With the same volume before sound proof. On those harsh road surface...I can hear the vocal with more clarity but still lack of bass info...or barely hear...after apply the quiet drive wheel arc coating...I just believe what I hear when sitting inside my car. To most of the road condition, the road noise has been transformed to a much lower frequency and very pleasant to hear. This round, I can hear the bass info equally clear as the vocal. This has really impressed me. I didn't tell my colleagues that I have sound proof the car. When I take them out for lunch, the very first thing they comment is "your car is so quiet". Also, my wife can even differenciate before and after sound proof. She just says, I dunno why but just feel your car is much quieter now. She didn't nag me for the money spend on sound proof because she sees the cage. This is a great satisfaction and definately worth for the money I spent. Third party comments are neutral and without bias. This is a significant achievement, and the credit should go to you and your team for the passion and dedication. Right now, I am so enjoy my ride and I am so desperate to visit you again for next upgrade..foam for better handling...see you soon...

dchong

Posted 12 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
Marvin bro,

Great to see you enjoying our solutions Again...2nd car smile_thumbup.gif .

Very nice ( & relieved) your wifel approved ( for your sake smile_tongue.gif )and liked your new transformed ride.

See you soon for AutoFOAM poison and in the meantime, ENJOY yr daily Looooooong drives.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO
facebook /Autofoam

jklow123

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (marvinl @ Jan 9 2013, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Desmond, I took two weeks to observe the improvement after sound proof done to my Altis. With two reasons, to ensure reliability and consistency. I am glad to say...you have certainly meet my expectation. I am comfortable to say...my car NVH level has moved to a notch higher. Here's my humble review with details.

What is the obvious improvement? Of course, road noise and you know me well as I am one of the fuzzy guy. After sound proof my doors, bonnet, boot and the wheel arc...I can notice the overall road noise level has been reduced. Of course, I don't have the ratio of percentage...but I am using the relative comparison to justify. I turn on my player while on the way to work and back. With the same volume before sound proof. On those harsh road surface...I can hear the vocal with more clarity but still lack of bass info...or barely hear...after apply the quiet drive wheel arc coating...I just believe what I hear when sitting inside my car. To most of the road condition, the road noise has been transformed to a much lower frequency and very pleasant to hear. This round, I can hear the bass info equally clear as the vocal. This has really impressed me. I didn't tell my colleagues that I have sound proof the car. When I take them out for lunch, the very first thing they comment is "your car is so quiet". Also, my wife can even differenciate before and after sound proof. She just says, I dunno why but just feel your car is much quieter now. She didn't nag me for the money spend on sound proof because she sees the cage. This is a great satisfaction and definately worth for the money I spent. Third party comments are neutral and without bias. This is a significant achievement, and the credit should go to you and your team for the passion and dedication. Right now, I am so enjoy my ride and I am so desperate to visit you again for next upgrade..foam for better handling...see you soon...

I believe your money has been well spent.
Im a strong believer in keeping quiet about what has been done, and when a stranger suddenly makes a comment about your car, you KNOW that the difference has been noticed by a 3rd party who didnt know anything beforehand. To me, that's REAL improvement. Desmond...well done!

vr2turbo

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jklow123 @ Jan 6 2014, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe your money has been well spent.
Im a strong believer in keeping quiet about what has been done, and when a stranger suddenly makes a comment about your car, you KNOW that the difference has been noticed by a 3rd party who didnt know anything beforehand. To me, that's REAL improvement. Desmond...well done!

Agree with you. If I mod something even I would tell my wife, then when she comments means got difference.... smile_thumbup.gif

jklow123

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

jklow123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 147 posts
QUOTE (csin86 @ Oct 28 2011, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

need advise here, i have a altis 10th gen with dunlop SP sport 01 tyres, but the road noise is very loud, especially during rain,

so my option is,

1. change a new quiter tyre, but what tyres is more quite? can suggest?

2. sound proof? but where to soundproof? or auto foam??

any altisan here with their ride noise solved? any tips??

thks!!!

If i were u, i'd immediately trade-in your Dunlops with Michelin XM2, Pirelli P7 Cinturato or equivalent tyres renowned for lower noise levels.
If the noise still bugs you, then you can try other methods. Always address the source of the noise first.