Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Atos

• Please log in to reply

zulzee

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:35 PM

zulzee

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
I want some advice from sifu here. I want to buy 2nd hand hyundai Atos (year make : 2000 - 2004). Anything I shud check out for the car? i.e engine, body....

I want to know, is there any problem for servicing this car? coz i heard the cost is much more higher than kenari or kancil... and how about the gear box. any problem or not after 10 years car?

thanks in advance.......

zulzee

myste

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:16 AM

myste

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (zulzee @ Oct 25 2011, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I want some advice from sifu here. I want to buy 2nd hand hyundai Atos (year make : 2000 - 2004). Anything I shud check out for the car? i.e engine, body....

I want to know, is there any problem for servicing this car? coz i heard the cost is much more higher than kenari or kancil... and how about the gear box. any problem or not after 10 years car?

thanks in advance.......

zulzee

I'm no sifu, but this is my 2 kupang's worth...
For that year model, ur looking at the gen1 model which is the 1.0 version.
So for a 10 year old car, you'll expect a lot of wear and tear. So is best to bring a mechanic along so that he/she can access the car for u. But u'll also have to short list a few cars la.. The general things i take note is first the sound of the engine. Second thing is the condition, looks clean or not, oil leaks and signs of engine burn.
Next is to look for signs of body work. Basically u dowan to buy a kereta potong. So look out for areas that might have been cut and weld back. I would perfer if the car is maintained as original color, its indicated on the left side of the engine, theres a sticker with the original paint color. The car card would also tell u this.
As for gear box, best to go for a manual version, as i heard that the automatic for this car always faulty.
If the manual gear box is original, it could be a bit stiff by now. And the clutch too. unless the owner already replace or serviced it.
The timing belt set would have been replaced by now, but pls verify this with mechanic.

As for servicing, not much problems.. Standard service needs a 3liter engine oil with oil filter. Not very expensive. Altho parts replacement might be more expensive compared to kenari or kancil. But can source alternative parts from outside. If u go back to authorised service center, be prepared to cough up a bomb. A good place to go is Korean Carmates in jalan ipoh. They provide original hyundai, oem korean and oem local. So u got options.

This car is mainly a ladies car and the leg space for driver is quite short. Viva and Alto got good leg room, length wise.
There is a blind spot of the driver at the rear left side when you're reversing out from a slanted parking spot, so be careful on that.

Good luck!

myste

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

myste

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
Where are all the Atos owners at? Am i even in the right forum? sad.gif

Vemaltech

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

Vemaltech

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I am using Atos 1.0 Manual year 2003. Just bought in Sep 2011. 1 owner only. Mileage was 70+++KM.

Now mileage clock 76+++KM. Overall in Good Condition. Use to Commute to Work/ Jalan Jalan and bring my dog to Clinic.

Parts Replacement and Service done so far;

1. Engine Oil
2. Timing belt
3. Gearbox Reverse Sensor Switch
4. Rear Drum brake Cylinder
5. Drive Belt
6. Tyre and Rim
7. Radioter Flush
8. Flush Power steering pump oil.
9. Change Radio & Speaker.

There rest in good Condition. Even the Drive shaft Both is touch wood.

FC around RM0.12 to 0.13 sen for 1 KM 100% town drive. Highway not sure since never go long distance with this car.

Overall Better then Kancil since earlier plan to get Kancil 850 which price similar. Spacious compare to Kancil.

I bought for 10K only.

myste

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:06 PM

myste

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (Vemaltech @ Nov 14 2011, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am using Atos 1.0 Manual year 2003. Just bought in Sep 2011. 1 owner only. Mileage was 70+++KM.

Now mileage clock 76+++KM. Overall in Good Condition. Use to Commute to Work/ Jalan Jalan and bring my dog to Clinic.

Parts Replacement and Service done so far;

1. Engine Oil
2. Timing belt
3. Gearbox Reverse Sensor Switch
4. Rear Drum brake Cylinder
5. Drive Belt
6. Tyre and Rim
7. Radioter Flush
8. Flush Power steering pump oil.
9. Change Radio & Speaker.

There rest in good Condition. Even the Drive shaft Both is touch wood.

FC around RM0.12 to 0.13 sen for 1 KM 100% town drive. Highway not sure since never go long distance with this car.

Overall Better then Kancil since earlier plan to get Kancil 850 which price similar. Spacious compare to Kancil.

I bought for 10K only.

Wow... for RM10K, that's a real steal. Summore 70k only for a 8 year old car. Pretty good purchase.. By the way, you changed the rims from the standard to something else? What did you change it to? And does it feel heavier/lighter compared to the ori rims?
Also, looks like you did quite a fair bit of work on your car. Where did you get it done? And did u source parts from outside?

Thx

Vemaltech

Posted 14 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

Vemaltech

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
QUOTE (myste @ Nov 14 2011, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow... for RM10K, that's a real steal. Summore 70k only for a 8 year old car. Pretty good purchase.. By the way, you changed the rims from the standard to something else? What did you change it to? And does it feel heavier/lighter compared to the ori rims?
Also, looks like you did quite a fair bit of work on your car. Where did you get it done? And did u source parts from outside?

Thx

The rim i upgrade to 14 Inch since the Ori 13 Inch Rim Tyre is difficult to get and expensive. After change the Rim, I feel lighter and pickup increase abit. FC not sure since i change immediately after delivered the car.

This car very simple like Kancil.No Special tool required. So any mechanic can do it. I know 2 Continental car mechanic in Penang. Normally give there to do.

Abit Difficult to get Half Cut part in Penang area.

But, The New part easily can get from spare part shop. Quite cheap and maybe long lasting since i also using another Korean car Kia Spectra5 1.6 which already 3 year with 94+++KM without any single problem. Even the Ori Brake pad nvr change also still in good condition. highway still can go speed up to 200km. But for Atos, 130Km is fine. More then that, abit scary.

Even interior part like Knob, Dashboard, c pillar panel and etc still available. All From Inokom.

For me its really worth to get Atos Manual since, i go survey the Kancil, most of car in Bad Condition in term of Engine and drive part like Drive shaft, steering rack. Price wise also 8 to 10k. After purchase, need to change alot of part.

myste

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

myste

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
Any idea if there's a tachometer that looks good on Atos 1.0?? how much and buy from where?

sammyvellu

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:11 PM

sammyvellu

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,636 posts
Careful, some Atos does not come with thermo reading. So, sui kwan means engine burned