Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sylphy Cvt Gb Problem?

• Please log in to reply

ARSENAL04

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

ARSENAL04

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
Hi,
any owner here face this problem? anybody chg the GB?
any solution to the overhat prob? if add cooler void warranty?
later models no more issue? pls help
The heart wants what the heart wants!!!

headstrong

fooyc

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:38 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
Jan2010 to date 28K km. no detectable gearbox or related issue.
Please don't PM me.

ARSENAL04

Posted 22 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

ARSENAL04

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts
To date Nissan has had the most success with producing their CVTs in high volume and on a wide range of vehicles. The CVT found in Nissan’s Maxima, Murano and the V6 version of Altima is considered to be the worlds first "3.5L class" belt CVT and can hold much higher torque loads than other belt CVTs.

JATCO

The heart wants what the heart wants!!!

headstrong

yeong

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:47 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
My bro-in-law's 3 yr+ & 1st batch & 100k mileage & ~twice a year Genting = gb no problem at all.
Great car. smile_thumbup.gif

2420l

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

2420l

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 631 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Oct 23 2011, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My bro-in-law's 3 yr+ & 1st batch & 100k mileage & ~twice a year Genting = gb no problem at all.
Great car. smile_thumbup.gif

congrats 2 ur bro-in-law smile_thumbup.gif NISSAN CHEERS!!! smile_tongue.gif

fooyc

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:09 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
Folks,

Just in case you think the gear selector area is feeling hot, that is not a gearbox nor it's linkage over heating. There is a exhaust box underneath it that causes the heat.
Please don't PM me.

yeong

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Oct 23 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Folks,

Just in case you think the gear selector area is feeling hot, that is not a gearbox nor it's linkage over heating. There is a exhaust box underneath it that causes the heat.

Think you need to enlighten our F-22 guy..he always think that part hot is due to gb get "heaty" fast. smile_clown.gif

scenic

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (fooyc @ Oct 23 2011, 08:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Folks,

NIssan ought to do something about it. I dont find this heat in any other cars I drive or owned.
director's choice

fooyc

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:44 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Oct 24 2011, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
NIssan ought to do something about it. I dont find this heat in any other cars I drive or owned.

scenic-San, yes I do agree with you. Despite the heat shield, the heat sometimes can be quite disturbing.
Please don't PM me.

fooyc

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

fooyc

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,573 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Oct 24 2011, 12:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Think you need to enlighten our F-22 guy..he always think that part hot is due to gb get "heaty" fast. smile_clown.gif

yeong-San, I think jayraptor could be referring to the Xtronic CVT gearbox overheat issue which plague the early batch user. I vaguely recall the issue, if I am not wrong, this gearbox is not meant for heavy duty hard trashing for an extended period. Think along the line of hard and fast driving from Bt.Caves to Gohtong Jaya via Ulu Yam road, where most of the time, you are only working with first 3 gears. Even conventional gearbox manual or auto will suffer heat issue if driven with that manner. But of course the original intent of Sylphy was never meant for fast and furious touge challenge.
Please don't PM me.