Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Water Mark On Windscreen

• Please log in to reply

jonlsl

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:26 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Oct 19 2011, 05:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was told by a glass 'expert'. And we very well know how an 'expert' over here are smile_disapprove.gif
All I know is glass is very brittle as compared to urethane and it doesn't conduct and spread the heat anywhere as good as metal. So the heat built-up would be more severe on glass than on the car body. I guess, for now, what the guy said is quite sound.
Anyway, I'll just take it as it is for now, with a pinch of salt, of course. smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif

My 2cents is that heat does build up so just make sure its properly lubricated with water and as usual lah, don't keep the RB in the same place for too long (common sense la and must have spary water handy for lube) . Don't need pressure, just the weight of the RB + alittle is enough. If you can RB your car no problem you can do the glass also lah.

Just must have the right product and tools. The felt pad and diamondite is a good and easy combo. For anyone who has the skill to RB their car they can do their glass with this combo no problems. Kacang putih.

But it does take some time as glass is really hard so the product needs some time to work, minimum 1hr for the whole windscreen if the whole windscreen is swirled.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
How did the glass swirl so badly in the first place??..... smile_shock.gif

jonlsl

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 19 2011, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How did the glass swirl so badly in the first place??..... smile_shock.gif

I try to use compound for car paints and the stupid Blue bottle C@rpl@n Glass Polish available is tesco/giant, used a machine as well with it. That's why people want to use other stuff like car polish and compound I don't want to comment loh. I just state my experience and let other read and decide.

I've tried what works to solve the problem and will stick with it from now onwards. It can level out swirls and light scratches so you image how good the stuff is. You spend so much money to send to a pro might as well just buy the product and the pad and you got RB you are set.

Youtube also got instructional video if I'm not wrong.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
Thanks for sharing..... smile_thumbup.gif

eohl79

Posted 19 October 2011 - 06:49 PM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Oct 19 2011, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never try that before. But the question is, how are you going to polish the sanding mark off after that?

If use 1000 > 1500 > 2000 grit then RB can?

Anyway, thanks for the insight. Very informational indeed. I need to keep a wish list of what to do on my K-car.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:51 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (eohl79 @ Oct 19 2011, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyway, thanks for the insight. Very informational indeed. I need to keep a wish list of what to do on my K-car.

Guinea Pig, try out and let us know the outcome...... smile_tongue.gif

KrisMas

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
QUOTE (eohl79 @ Oct 19 2011, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not too sure and I wouldn't bet on it. Meg's M105 is labeled to be able to remove 1200 grit sand paper and it can hardly remove any micro marring on the windshield. Micro marring or very light swirls should be around 1500 grit - 2500 grit.

eohl79

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

eohl79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 19 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Guinea Pig, try out and let us know the outcome...... smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (KrisMas @ Oct 19 2011, 09:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not too sure and I wouldn't bet on it. Meg's M105 is labeled to be able to remove 1200 grit sand paper and it can hardly remove any micro marring on the windshield. Micro marring or very light swirls should be around 1500 grit - 2500 grit.

Hmmm... Only way is to try out. Might have to go on a forced leave the whole of next week... So might have some time to tinker.

kcyang

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

kcyang

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts
Hi Sifus,

When i use my wiper during rain, the windscreen will turn blurry for a few seconds. This is affecting my vision especially at night. Do you call this water mark? How to remove it? (the easy way smile_big.gif i'm a noob here)

Thks

jonlsl

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (kcyang @ Oct 19 2011, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Sifus,

When i use my wiper during rain, the windscreen will turn blurry for a few seconds. This is affecting my vision especially at night. Do you call this water mark? How to remove it? (the easy way smile_big.gif i'm a noob here)

Thks

So many things can be wrong.

Basically change your wipers.

Clean your glass

If you have water stains like rain water dripping on your windscreen when it is dry that is water mark or stains.