Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford Ranger

• Please log in to reply

euthanasia

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
Just made booking for Wildtrak Manual. Wish me luck guys. Where are all the Ranger owner's forum at?

roocarroll

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:56 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (euthanasia @ May 29 2013, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just made booking for Wildtrak Manual. Wish me luck guys. Where are all the Ranger owner's forum at?

Wiltrak Manual?

euthanasia

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:14 AM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ May 30 2013, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wiltrak Manual?

Yep. Wildtrak Manual. Yep paid RM500 booking fee for it at Ford Showroom. Dunno i kena dupe or not.

roocarroll

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:41 AM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (euthanasia @ May 31 2013, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. Wildtrak Manual. Yep paid RM500 booking fee for it at Ford Showroom. Dunno i kena dupe or not.

The 3.2, right?

euthanasia

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ May 31 2013, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 3.2, right?

Yep. 3.2. I asked for 2.2 Wildtrak. He havent heard of it. I told them some fellas in Malaysia got it. But i gues the SA is still new.

roocarroll

Posted 02 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (euthanasia @ Jun 2 2013, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep. 3.2. I asked for 2.2 Wildtrak. He havent heard of it. I told them some fellas in Malaysia got it. But i gues the SA is still new.

Ford seem very accommodating to special requests. I know they sell a manual Wildtrak in the UK but it was never listed here. I also know of a guy who got a red one. Red isn't an option here either but they got one for him.

I test drove a 2.2 Wildtrak with the mrs but it didn't even occur to me to ask if I could buy it. I've heard of someone who bought one. I assume it was that test drive unit.

I guess I should learn to ask more questions when I'm car shopping. wink.gif

Good luck with your Wildtrak. I wanted to get one but they had already stopped taking orders by the time I got my mind made up and I couldn't wait for a year anyway. I managed to get a 2.2 auto in 2 months which was decent enough for me.

euthanasia

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:59 AM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Jun 2 2013, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ford seem very accommodating to special requests. I know they sell a manual Wildtrak in the UK but it was never listed here. I also know of a guy who got a red one. Red isn't an option here either but they got one for him.

I test drove a 2.2 Wildtrak with the mrs but it didn't even occur to me to ask if I could buy it. I've heard of someone who bought one. I assume it was that test drive unit.

I guess I should learn to ask more questions when I'm car shopping. wink.gif

Good luck with your Wildtrak. I wanted to get one but they had already stopped taking orders by the time I got my mind made up and I couldn't wait for a year anyway. I managed to get a 2.2 auto in 2 months which was decent enough for me.

Well actually I came from D-max showroom but i didn't like the interior at all. I actually wanted the black or is it dark grey Wildtrak. If ever they do launch the manual Wildtrak, i hope they add an extra colour.

Thanks n cheer!

roocarroll

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:09 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (euthanasia @ Jun 3 2013, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well actually I came from D-max showroom but i didn't like the interior at all. I actually wanted the black or is it dark grey Wildtrak. If ever they do launch the manual Wildtrak, i hope they add an extra colour.

Thanks n cheer!

They have a new D-Max which should have the same interior as the Colorado. It's the only serious competitor to the Ranger, IMO, but it's just been launched and I booked my Ranger last year so it was never an option for me.

euthanasia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:44 AM

euthanasia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 359 posts
QUOTE (roocarroll @ Jun 3 2013, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They have a new D-Max which should have the same interior as the Colorado. It's the only serious competitor to the Ranger, IMO, but it's just been launched and I booked my Ranger last year so it was never an option for me.

I think you didn't miss much. The D-Max interior is really a mark down from the Colorado. The plastic feels outdated n the only thing that impressed me was the 20k service interval and built in speakers in the roof lining of high spec D-Max. It's also freaking expensive.

Colorado interior on the other hand was a real gem to be in, but I'm not a fan of white leather interior and I've had some experiences with Naza that made me not ever want to touch any car they carry. It's a shame really, it's a real handsome truck.

I was mulling waiting for the new Hilux but there is not single news on the net of an all new Hilux. Bet that's gonna set a standard if they ever remake one.

roocarroll

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

roocarroll

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 597 posts
QUOTE (euthanasia @ Jun 7 2013, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think you didn't miss much. The D-Max interior is really a mark down from the Colorado. The plastic feels outdated n the only thing that impressed me was the 20k service interval and built in speakers in the roof lining of high spec D-Max. It's also freaking expensive.

Colorado interior on the other hand was a real gem to be in, but I'm not a fan of white leather interior and I've had some experiences with Naza that made me not ever want to touch any car they carry. It's a shame really, it's a real handsome truck.

I was mulling waiting for the new Hilux but there is not single news on the net of an all new Hilux. Bet that's gonna set a standard if they ever remake one.

I get the feeling from Toyota that they have gotten pretty comfortable with where they are at. They rarely change things up too much with their 'new' cars. Maybe the Hilux will be different?

Ford got a right kick up the arse in 2008 and responded very well to it. Across the segments they are producing class leading vehicles. Fiesta, Focus, Mondeo, Ranger, they are all at the top of their class at the moment.

Still, if reliability or resale value are your main concerns, you can't look past the Hilux.