Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

What's Your Excuse?

• Please log in to reply

KrisMas

Posted 11 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

KrisMas

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts
So here I am, frustrated. I passed my driving test and got my license in 1987 and so much have change in the driving attitude and etiquette.

Just a few examples, during the 'old days':

- During those long drive from KB to KL, it's like driving in a convoy. Drivers would notice each other and, at rest areas, when we see familiar cars, we would walk up and say hello/chat, sometimes even sit together on a well laid 'tikar' under a big shaded tree for snacks or food.
- Lorry drivers we the most courteous of all, giving way when they're slow, giving signals and telling us when it is safe to pass them and us car drivers thanking them with a couple of friendly horns in exchange, very rarely see any speeding lorries, and at rest areas, the lorry drivers are the most friendly people of all to mix around with.
- You don't have to worry about running out of fuel. Just put a bottle or something on the car roof and somebody would surely stop and pass you the spare fuel that they carry.
- RED light is STOP, YELLOW is to slow down and only go when the light is GREEN, even if there's no other vehicle around.
etc...etc...etc...
- All the cars has their signal lights in good working order smile_sleepy.gif

Ahhh....those were the days when there's so much pleasure in driving, even going to and fro for work.

But, now:
- Speed limit signs are just for decorations
- Road markings/lines are invisible
- Only dummies stop at a RED light
- You can drive on any lanes at any speed (I'm talking about those who drives at 60km/h on the right lane of a 90km/h dual-carriageway)
- Signal lights always broken, especially in those high-end cars
- It's ok to blind people so that you can see clearly at night (think illegal HIDs)
- When an ambulance is behind you with it's light flashing, just go faster so that it won't catch up with you.
- Rear view mirror is for checking whether you got anything stuck between your teeth.
etc....etc...etc....just too many to mention.

I've read a lot of posting/thread here about obeying the regulations, but where are they??!! When I'm doing 110km/h on the highway, I feel as if I'm the slowest car on the road and the express bus driver behind me would always curse me for not giving way.

So, here I am, confused and I just can't figure it out. I just want to ask you people out there who read this and please be honest about it and give an honest answer:

What is your EXCUSE for NOT obeying the road safety regulations like stopping at RED light, obeying the speed limit, not parking at OKU's space, etc.? I just want to know....that's all.

scenic

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:21 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
Time has changed.
director's choice

lancer1981

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
Bro. I am just like you, am wondering what happened to our drivers in this country. Driving is no longer relaxing like the old days. I share your sentiment. I am a very considerate driver and 99% of the time I am law abiding. Most of the time our signage land me into trouble especially when I going to a new place. Story too long to write. Don't give up.
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

scenic

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. I am just like you, am wondering what happened to our drivers in this country. Driving is no longer relaxing like the old days. I share your sentiment. I am a very considerate driver and 99% of the time I am law abiding. Most of the time our signage land me into trouble especially when I going to a new place. Story too long to write. Don't give up.

Add 1% not law abiding of every driver on the road, that translates tens of thousands of % at one go.
director's choice

lancer1981

Posted 11 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Oct 11 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Add 1% not law abiding of every driver on the road, that translates tens of thousands of % at one go.

Yes you are right, no excuse!
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

scenic

Posted 11 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you are right, no excuse!

including me.
director's choice

Nokia6280

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:50 PM

Nokia6280

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Oct 11 2011, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
including me.

Human mentality smile_big.gif ! today i did it and no one come after me smile_tongue.gif tomorrow i do it again, still no one come to me... smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif and i continue doing it and still no on come after me.. and so on and so on... finally it's became an acceptable excuse that "Every day i am doing the same thing it's become norm"......

Hahahahaahaha! 059.gif Why borther? smile_question.gif

But one day! someone teu30.gif will come after you and you will tell yourself why i did it and blame on some one... bek075.gif

kaylcar

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (lancer1981 @ Oct 11 2011, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

not sure I agree with this...don't think that driving attitude has changed very much, only much more cars on the road so got more frustrations....and driving is much faster now so no time to do all these things?!

1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

rallychamp

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:04 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
back then driving=to get calm/serenity/peace of freedom...

nowadays driving=to get anger/rage/frust/stuck in boxed traffic jams...

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:50 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (KrisMas @ Oct 11 2011, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So here I am, frustrated. I passed my driving test and got my license in 1987 and so much have change in the driving attitude and etiquette.

Just a few examples, during the 'old days':

- During those long drive from KB to KL, it's like driving in a convoy. Drivers would notice each other and, at rest areas, when we see familiar cars, we would walk up and say hello/chat, sometimes even sit together on a well laid 'tikar' under a big shaded tree for snacks or food.
- Lorry drivers we the most courteous of all, giving way when they're slow, giving signals and telling us when it is safe to pass them and us car drivers thanking them with a couple of friendly horns in exchange, very rarely see any speeding lorries, and at rest areas, the lorry drivers are the most friendly people of all to mix around with.
- You don't have to worry about running out of fuel. Just put a bottle or something on the car roof and somebody would surely stop and pass you the spare fuel that they carry.
- RED light is STOP, YELLOW is to slow down and only go when the light is GREEN, even if there's no other vehicle around.
etc...etc...etc...
- All the cars has their signal lights in good working order smile_sleepy.gif

Ahhh....those were the days when there's so much pleasure in driving, even going to and fro for work.

But, now:
- Speed limit signs are just for decorations
- Road markings/lines are invisible
- Only dummies stop at a RED light
- You can drive on any lanes at any speed (I'm talking about those who drives at 60km/h on the right lane of a 90km/h dual-carriageway)
- Signal lights always broken, especially in those high-end cars
- It's ok to blind people so that you can see clearly at night (think illegal HIDs)
- When an ambulance is behind you with it's light flashing, just go faster so that it won't catch up with you.
- Rear view mirror is for checking whether you got anything stuck between your teeth.
etc....etc...etc....just too many to mention.

I've read a lot of posting/thread here about obeying the regulations, but where are they??!! When I'm doing 110km/h on the highway, I feel as if I'm the slowest car on the road and the express bus driver behind me would always curse me for not giving way.

So, here I am, confused and I just can't figure it out. I just want to ask you people out there who read this and please be honest about it and give an honest answer:

What is your EXCUSE for NOT obeying the road safety regulations like stopping at RED light, obeying the speed limit, not parking at OKU's space, etc.? I just want to know....that's all.

Yes, I remember the times driving on the Federal routes when the Main Highway was not in existence. Lorry drivers will signal for you to pass or signal for you not too. Nowadays they will flash you is got speed trap......hahahaha smile_big.gif
As for whether they are friendly or not, they try no to mingle nowadays, in case of highjacks..... smile_shock.gif