Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga 1.3 Flx Review !

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 20 2011, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro Hcgui, i am awaiting my car soon. It's a FLX Manual, anyways, I also planned on the AMT Spring buffers as it is a very affordable add on to the stock springs. Btw which set up of UR bars did you go for? Did it really change the drive before and after? Because I planning to spruce it up immediately after taking the car out. I am looking at front strut tower bar, rear tower and strut bar 3 points and rear anti roll bar. How much is your set up? Chassis foam, i am not to bought into this idea though... Hmmm?

Allow me to interrupt.
For UR bar, its up to u what r u looking for. If u want your car to be a little better on corner then get the front tower bar and rear ARB. This 2 is enough. Try to avoid the rear tower bar as we do not know when we need that extra bit of space on the top part of the boot right?
With the front tower bar installed, u will feel a huge different. The front is much more responsive to your input. U can feel the front end acts as one whole unit.
With the rear ARB, u wont feel a different in straight and minor bend. When u turn harder, i will guarantee u that u will have this evil smile on your face.
However if u are on stock rim and tyre setup and u often whack corner near the limit, u will be looking at a new set of tyre every 35k km to 40k km.

Spring buffer is just ok to me. I remove mine from my rear spring as i replaced it to heavy duty set and it works better than the rubber under heavy load. However i like the rear rubber as it reduces vibration on the rear.
On the front it does not gave much different.

Right now i am looking to get a whole new set of suspension from either Sapura or APM....hmm....

Nabworld

Posted 21 October 2011 - 01:22 AM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
actually flx rear bump stop rubber is thicker than std FL....according to proton , the std FL rear bump stop rubber wasnt thick enough thus saggs under heavy load...

i have changed to 15' rims and tyres(falken 912) and front UR stabilizer bar....frankly speaking the bar is kinda useles...or maybe im not fully utilizing it !

but the bigger rims and tyres REALLY makes alot of difference...never feel ur out of grip...very planted...the trade off is abit harder ride ...and abit more tyre roar....

i have sound proofed 4 doors and rear fenders....next project is to sound proof the entire floor and if i have time...try auto foam for the chasis....

btw , to those flx owners , ive notice if the car is stationary , and on P , u cannot rev the engine more than 2.5 k rpm!

i know its not important bt very curious...usually i can rev all the way to redline iin auto or manual car...if u jus full throttle when stationary and gearlever on P or N.....maximum is 2.5k rpm! maybe to protect the cvt or sting

jflcorp

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Nabworld @ Oct 21 2011, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually flx rear bump stop rubber is thicker than std FL....according to proton , the std FL rear bump stop rubber wasnt thick enough thus saggs under heavy load...

i have changed to 15' rims and tyres(falken 912) and front UR stabilizer bar....frankly speaking the bar is kinda useles...or maybe im not fully utilizing it !

but the bigger rims and tyres REALLY makes alot of difference...never feel ur out of grip...very planted...the trade off is abit harder ride ...and abit more tyre roar....

i have sound proofed 4 doors and rear fenders....next project is to sound proof the entire floor and if i have time...try auto foam for the chasis....

btw , to those flx owners , ive notice if the car is stationary , and on P , u cannot rev the engine more than 2.5 k rpm!

i know its not important bt very curious...usually i can rev all the way to redline iin auto or manual car...if u jus full throttle when stationary and gearlever on P or N.....maximum is 2.5k rpm! maybe to protect the cvt or sting

Oic, well, I did also think of changing to 15" rims, if the trade in is good for the tyres and rims. I am in JB, so I am not sure of the market price there, maybe pop down to Malacca and see? I saw few bad reviews of JB tyres shops in the net, but I am sure not all of them are like that.

Yes, after looking through the Ultra Racing website, I am sold on the idea, but like Gunnerz said, I have to relook at the rear strut and tower bar. If it really takes up too much space, I might not fit the 3 point tower/strut bards. Budget will also be a factor. Each pc costing 100+. Front, rear and ARB already 300+!

Awaiting for my FLX White, Manual Executive this end of the month.

ntc2000

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 21 2011, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oic, well, I did also think of changing to 15" rims, if the trade in is good for the tyres and rims. I am in JB, so I am not sure of the market price there, maybe pop down to Malacca and see? I saw few bad reviews of JB tyres shops in the net, but I am sure not all of them are like that.

Yes, after looking through the Ultra Racing website, I am sold on the idea, but like Gunnerz said, I have to relook at the rear strut and tower bar. If it really takes up too much space, I might not fit the 3 point tower/strut bards. Budget will also be a factor. Each pc costing 100+. Front, rear and ARB already 300+!

if u whack corner like gunnerzz bro, then u better those bar. 059.gif

u may get advise from ah koh and splitfire bro for JB tyres shop . Both of them got blink blink rim and kawan with JB tyres shop. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

if u get 15" rim, make sure u get a lightweight rim. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 21 2011, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they gave about RM 300-RM 400 for the stock OE rims and tyre.
My home town is Melaka but i work in N9.

If u want to have a feel what my BLM is like in handling with the UR bar on, i can let u have a go on my car.
Just warm up the brakes 1st b4 u start going fast.
However i strongly u suggest u get yourself familiar with a stock BLM in order to feel the difference.

QUOTE (Nabworld @ Oct 21 2011, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me know if u want to let go the front tower bar.

jflcorp

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Oct 21 2011, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they gave about RM 300-RM 400 for the stock OE rims and tyre.
My home town is Melaka but i work in N9.

If u want to have a feel what my BLM is like in handling with the UR bar on, i can let u have a go on my car.
Just warm up the brakes 1st b4 u start going fast.
However i strongly u suggest u get yourself familiar with a stock BLM in order to feel the difference.

This quoted from another website, kereta.info it seems Malacca still gives very poor trade in for the tyres and rims..... Oh ya, bro Gunnerzz, my hometown Malacca too, but working in Sg. Ok the quote

"Then we continue our journey to Pekan Rawang. There are a lot of Sport Rims Shop near a round about (Bulatan Pekan Rawang) beside the Mc Donald at Pekan Rawang ahead to Tanjung Malim old road. Once you get in the round about, you will see most of the tyres shop there. It is easy to look around there as you just need to walk between one rims shop to another shop nearby after you park your car there.

Above pictureĀ is one of theĀ sport rims shop (Pusat Servis Tayar V care tyre & Auto Services) This is where you can get a best deal to buy a new set of sport rims and tyres. It is an unbelieveable deal. The price might be the same as Kedai Papan but you can trade in your sport rims and tyres with the highest value.

I put one example here for a Proton Saga BLM stock sport rims 14ā€³ with tyres. At Kedai Papan, they can give the best trade in value of RM800/900. At Tekming Sunway, they only take RM500, which is the lowest value. Here, a Saga BLM owner can put a wider smile on their face because most of the shop offers more than RM800 up to RM1200!!! It is really an unbelieveable trade in value. So if you want to trade in your tyres and rims, just go here and you just need to add another few hundreds of Ringgit to buy the new sport rims. Even an old stock rims (rim besi) of kancil they will take it for RM200. Below is the other cheap sport rims shop in Rawang."

The website : http://kereta.info/s...-sunway-rawang/

jflcorp

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Nabworld @ Oct 21 2011, 04:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yes, read thru few forums, the previous owners had to change to perdana bump stop rubbers(whatever they are called?)

how much the rims and 15" tyres? How to know if they are light weight rims?

UR bars, I think I will fix after getting the car, tint and drive up to Rawang to look look see see new rims and run in at the same time! smile_approve.gif

kohf1drive

Posted 21 October 2011 - 07:49 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Oct 21 2011, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if u whack corner like gunnerzz bro, then u better those bar. 059.gif

u may get advise from ah koh and splitfire bro for JB tyres shop . Both of them got blink blink rim and kawan with JB tyres shop. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

if u get 15" rim, make sure u get a lightweight rim. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

This is my experience that need to bargain to include the hub centric ring (to prevent vibration) n new nuts (star shape, etc) n balancing inside the quote price of the sport rim
As last time I didn't, end up same as the original retail price after include the accessories smile_blackeye.gif

dabdab

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (hcgui @ Oct 3 2011, 10:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great review there bro!!

I'm driving a 1st gen BLM with 4AT, March 2008. Performance wise, had abit of work done to suit my taste. not into power mod but driveability in town. ACG, LCP, Ir Plugs, VS+GC, and even switching to Mistu ATF help improve general driving tremendously. moving in slow traffic is just so much easier n smoother with ample more confidence!

For R&H, i've taken out spare tyre n replace with a tyre repair kit and even experimenting different tyre pressure tat suits me. Adding spring buffers, 3 UR bars and chassis foam also improves R&H as well as reducing NVH tremendously!! it corners so much flatter while improving ride at d same time! i'm tempted to move to 15' at 1st but now am quite happy on stock 14' esp on our not-so-perfect roads. some DIY soundproofing and ICE upgrade tops it up for me. haha.

enjoy ur ride bro!

hcgui
is mitsu atf really transform the transmission character for batter? if yes i might want to give a try,,
where did you buy? is it from, normal s part shop, or from mitsu service,

Nabworld

Posted 30 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Nabworld

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
i have no other development to report from the original review ....
everything so far is nice and smooth and solid feeling

no funny rattles inside and outside...

im noticing thers alot of steering kickback.....when i say alot i mean its more than my accord and waja...

small bumps do produce a kickback to the steering wheel.....any FLX owners can report on this?
maybe it should have thicker steering arm bushes..