Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga 1.3 Flx Review !

• Please log in to reply

jflcorp

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (unpro @ Oct 24 2012, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone,

I think you all got it all wrong. High speed, stable and comfort, just get this guy

no point modifying your flx, it's still far off from this deal breaker.

can, of course can! so long you are paying for us, we can all go and change tomorrow.

unpro

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

unpro

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,454 posts
Ha! Ha!

Ok, serious one, a shot in dark.

Does the 1.6 SE uses a more aggresive suspension setup? (it's on 15" already isn't it?)

Why not just copy what they put on the 1.6?
Feel the Force Mother!!!

jflcorp

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (unpro @ Oct 25 2012, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha! Ha!

Does the 1.6 SE uses a more aggresive suspension setup? (it's on 15" already isn't it?)

yeah the FLX SE has 15" rims. But no manual variant, only CVT.

Since most of us own the 1.3 FL/ FLX/ BLM. I would suggest UR Bars as a minimum mod to stiffen our drive. Mine has the front struts. I am gonna go with the the rear struts if I find it is not going to take up too much boot space. The 3 point UR one takes up too much space.

Gunnerzz

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 25 2012, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah the FLX SE has 15" rims. But no manual variant, only CVT.

Since most of us own the 1.3 FL/ FLX/ BLM. I would suggest UR Bars as a minimum mod to stiffen our drive. Mine has the front struts. I am gonna go with the the rear struts if I find it is not going to take up too much boot space. The 3 point UR one takes up too much space.

I would suggest u get the rear arb instead.
Also get the front lower 4 point to elimite understeer.

Then,get used to all sort of car to cucuk u as they can see tye rear arb clearly.
Most of them back otf on coner while u navigate the corner single-handed....hahaha..
Really miss my blm with that bar and proride suspension...lots of fun.

jflcorp

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Oct 26 2012, 08:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would suggest u get the rear arb instead.
Also get the front lower 4 point to elimite understeer.

Then,get used to all sort of car to cucuk u as they can see tye rear arb clearly.
Most of them back otf on coner while u navigate the corner single-handed....hahaha..
Really miss my blm with that bar and proride suspension...lots of fun.

Yes, was considering that, thank you for reaffirming my thoughts.

oh? what ever happenned to your BLM? traded in for a Preve? smile_big.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 26 2012, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, was considering that, thank you for reaffirming my thoughts.

oh? what ever happenned to your BLM? traded in for a Preve? smile_big.gif

Pass it to my brother, without the rear arb and proride spring.
Gotta give n take as he get a new set of Michelin XM2 which i only clocked few hundred km on it.
Thats the 3rd set for the BLM
Mileage now is 80k+ km and already change the timing belt plus water pump as i am quite aggressive at times so better safe than sorry.
Cost about RM 300+ for labor and part.

Now just driving old F4P Waja.
Leather, good handling, ample power, comfortable, can be fast whenever i want... what more can i ask for.
Oh, better fc than the BLM. Hard driving still return 14km/l.

jflcorp

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (Gunnerzz @ Oct 26 2012, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Pass it to my brother, without the rear arb and proride spring.
Gotta give n take as he get a new set of Michelin XM2 which i only clocked few hundred km on it.
Thats the 3rd set for the BLM
Mileage now is 80k+ km and already change the timing belt plus water pump as i am quite aggressive at times so better safe than sorry.
Cost about RM 300+ for labor and part.

Now just driving old F4P Waja.
Leather, good handling, ample power, comfortable, can be fast whenever i want... what more can i ask for.
Oh, better fc than the BLM. Hard driving still return 14km/l.

Considered an upgrade huh! smile_thumbup.gif

anyways, the Proride springs, you chose one for comfort or for for lowering. since this is my family car and the road thru the taman ridiculous humps, i might not consider the springs if they were to lower the car. The bottom would be scraped out in no time! smile_shock.gif

How much does the springs cost, or did you change the absorbers as well?

Gunnerzz

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ Oct 26 2012, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Considered an upgrade huh! smile_thumbup.gif

anyways, the Proride springs, you chose one for comfort or for for lowering. since this is my family car and the road thru the taman ridiculous humps, i might not consider the springs if they were to lower the car. The bottom would be scraped out in no time! smile_shock.gif

How much does the springs cost, or did you change the absorbers as well?

Spring is for better handling which means 2 finger front, 2 1/2 finger rear.
I only change the spring.
Dont go for sport spring if u intend to install the front lower 4 point bar as it will scrape easily.
In fact dont for any sport spring regardless of what other say, pity the lower arm bar.

If u really want to change the suspension then go for fully adjustable.yes its a bit expansive but its worth it as u can adjust it to your preference.

dabdab

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:50 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (unpro @ Oct 24 2012, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ha! Ha!

Flx 1.3 and flx 1.6 se they have the same suspension setup, slight stiffer springs and fatter front arb. The se have 15 in hers, no issue because over time people will go through sport alloy wheel, mostly 15inchers.

If you're already on flx. Its already handles good, for further improvement as suggested by gunnez , rear arb is worthwhile.
But if you are ain't enough what have been done, corner isn't flat enough for u, adjustable suspension is your choice but bare in mind that it is stiff er than lowering spring. . Myself, I opt to adjustable. Because my main concern is handling which is cornering flat. Its on the stiff side but I like it, the car is rather communicative rather than the word bumpy.

Anyway its up to you to decide.

jflcorp

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:04 AM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (dabdab @ Oct 30 2012, 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Flx 1.3 and flx 1.6 se they have the same suspension setup, slight stiffer springs and fatter front arb. The se have 15 in hers, no issue because over time people will go through sport alloy wheel, mostly 15inchers.

If you're already on flx. Its already handles good, for further improvement as suggested by gunnez , rear arb is worthwhile.
But if you are ain't enough what have been done, corner isn't flat enough for u, adjustable suspension is your choice but bare in mind that it is stiff er than lowering spring. . Myself, I opt to adjustable. Because my main concern is handling which is cornering flat. Its on the stiff side but I like it, the car is rather communicative rather than the word bumpy.

Anyway its up to you to decide.

Do share, how much is your adjustabke set up? what brand did you use?

did the setup ultimately lower your car? if it did by how many inches, and did it cause your bottom to be touch those menacing humps around? thanks for the info.