Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Cost Of Paint Job For Myvi?

• Please log in to reply

shoforo

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:05 AM

shoforo

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I own a silver Myvi. I recently parked it underneath a mango tree for a few days and when I came back, it was covered with the rubbery/chemical substance that comes out of the fruit. I went to the car shop and they said the rubber has harden so it's impossible to be removed completely. It's all over my car, front hood, roof, back, doors.

My question is,do you think the workshop can paint just the affected part or the whole car has to be repainted?

Also, list of workshop recommendations in KL/PJ/Sunway area would be good. I'm also curious of the price range.

Thanks!

limking

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (shoforo @ Oct 2 2011, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all,

I own a silver Myvi. I recently parked it underneath a mango tree for a few days and when I came back, it was covered with the rubbery/chemical substance that comes out of the fruit. I went to the car shop and they said the rubber has harden so it's impossible to be removed completely. It's all over my car, front hood, roof, back, doors.

My question is,do you think the workshop can paint just the affected part or the whole car has to be repainted?

Also, list of workshop recommendations in KL/PJ/Sunway area would be good. I'm also curious of the price range.

Thanks!

Prices range from RM900 - RM1800 depending on the type of paint & quality for external . Most important during then must ask the painter how long can the choosen paint can last . Any way that's JB price .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
What Car shop? Detailing shop? Should be able to remove, but got to see your condition also..... smile_tongue.gif

tpl

Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
better spray whole car liao.. but since its quite expensive y not try dynamo to wash first or fab powder... lol jk nia... try all detailing stuffs, sumtimes its fun to play around with your car,,
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:24 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Oct 4 2011, 11:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
better spray whole car liao.. but since its quite expensive y not try dynamo to wash first or fab powder... lol jk nia... try all detailing stuffs, sumtimes its fun to play around with your car,,

Don't simply joke woh! People really use then kill the paint, cannot look for you also..... smile_blackeye.gif

tpl

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 6 2011, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't simply joke woh! People really use then kill the paint, cannot look for you also..... smile_blackeye.gif

smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:53 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Oct 13 2011, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

some more you are auto detailer...... smile_tongue.gif

tpl

Posted 13 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 13 2011, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
some more you are auto detailer...... smile_tongue.gif

but i got ask him try detailing stuffs ma,,,
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:35 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Oct 13 2011, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but i got ask him try detailing stuffs ma,,,

Don't know how to use. Last week just had one member come to my house for crash course...... smile_tongue.gif

tpl

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 16 2011, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't know how to use. Last week just had one member come to my house for crash course...... smile_tongue.gif

i oso wan to go ar...
2012 NMT President