Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Switch On Your Headlamp While Driving In The Rain

• Please log in to reply

tpl

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:41 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 30 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car with autolight, so no problem for me - and I will also on the front spot light and also the rear brighter red light on when driving in rain, no matter ih the day or night. This is more safety and friendly to other road user, hate most is those guys who on the hazard signal lights!!! Too hard for our eyes and do more harm than goods. Will flash them to off if they are in front or will also on my hazard lights on then off it and on it and if they are still not awared of what I am trying to tell them, will brake hard and let them bang me when they are following me. (if the still keep it on) Cant be bother about them for their inconsiderate manner. hahaha - sometimes have to be hard on these brainless guys, so a good about driving bigger and harder car 4x4 or SUV, maybe will buyt a truck or tractor soon if these still dont work!

in ohsi fog light is for fog or snow.. rain prolly kena saman if u switch on.. like many other road user like to switch on their fog lights even no rain.
2012 NMT President

jacksonljs

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

jacksonljs

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 373 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 1 2011, 09:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You mean with the dusk light on compared to headlights?
What we meant is when driving and hard to see the meter without lights on..... smile_wink.gif

For Myvi where it's meter panel was lit at all time with car key at 'ON' position (be it with or without engine running), when headlights off, the illumination at the meter panel is the brightest, but when headlights on even with dim level, the meter illumination will be reduced and sometimes it looks like it's harder to see the meter clearly compared with headlights off. Additionally with headlights on, there is an illumination level brightness to adjust at the meter panel as an additional feature together with odometer and two tripmeters. Even with the highest (3rd level), the meter panel is not as bright as without headlights.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:45 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Oct 2 2011, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ppl dun think it will draw more battery but they think the more u switch on the shorter lifespan of the bulb ma..

If buy kedai Abang cheap bulbs sure cannot last, but normal branded will last at least a couple of years..... smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Oct 2 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For Myvi where it's meter panel was lit at all time with car key at 'ON' position (be it with or without engine running), when headlights off, the illumination at the meter panel is the brightest, but when headlights on even with dim level, the meter illumination will be reduced and sometimes it looks like it's harder to see the meter clearly compared with headlights off. Additionally with headlights on, there is an illumination level brightness to adjust at the meter panel as an additional feature together with odometer and two tripmeters. Even with the highest (3rd level), the meter panel is not as bright as without headlights.

Oh! means meter lights is always on, then when on headlights, the current draw is very strong to dim the meter lights....

dreamist

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

dreamist

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
QUOTE (jacksonljs @ Oct 2 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just like mine one, when the engine was start the meter panel will light on even though without switch on the headlights. After switch on the headlights, the meter panel light will change to dim. But mine one don't come with dimmer...

vr2turbo

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:48 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (dreamist @ Oct 3 2011, 01:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just like mine one, when the engine was start the meter panel will light on even though without switch on the headlights. After switch on the headlights, the meter panel light will change to dim. But mine one don't come with dimmer...

Never knew, as all the cars I have owned do not have this feature. Mine, meter lights on, when headlights are on only.... smile_tongue.gif

br1

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:21 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 3 2011, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Never knew, as all the cars I have owned do not have this feature. Mine, meter lights on, when headlights are on only.... smile_tongue.gif

Mine have this features too, when headlight not on, the DIC light only is always on and bright during the daytime (but the meter light is still off) and when headlight is on, meter & DIC light on and it is dimmer - cos usually we dont need so bright - and glaring to our eyes in the night.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:09 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Oct 3 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mine have this features too, when headlight not on, the DIC light only is always on and bright during the daytime (but the meter light is still off) and when headlight is on, meter & DIC light on and it is dimmer - cos usually we dont need so bright - and glaring to our eyes in the night.

Most meter lights are adjustable with dimmer..... smile_thumbup.gif

tpl

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:09 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 3 2011, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most meter lights are adjustable with dimmer..... smile_thumbup.gif

got some automatic too... nonit adjust.. auto adjust depending sunlight
2012 NMT President