Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Switch On Your Headlamp While Driving In The Rain

• Please log in to reply

dreamist

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:56 AM

dreamist

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
This few days morning was raining, and I was driving to work as usual. I reaise that a lot of drivers did not switch on their headlamp while they are driving in the rain. Personally, I think this action is very dangerous. Because the car which at in front of them may cannot see them from side mirror due to poor vision, it will create car crash when the car which at in front of them is trying to switch the lane. So in my opinion, it is good to switch on the headlamp while driving in the rain even though not at night.

scenic

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:44 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
yeah better to switch on the headlamps. Doesn't cost much fuel.
director's choice

profkaizen

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:54 AM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (dreamist @ Sep 30 2011, 08:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This few days morning was raining, and I was driving to work as usual. I reaise that a lot of drivers did not switch on their headlamp while they are driving in the rain. Personally, I think this action is very dangerous. Because the car which at in front of them may cannot see them from side mirror due to poor vision, it will create car crash when the car which at in front of them is trying to switch the lane. So in my opinion, it is good to switch on the headlamp while driving in the rain even though not at night.

I totally concur with you. I reckon that majority of the Malangsian drivers still do not have such safety consciousness. Many still think that the lights draw electricla power directly form the car battery and will go flat faster smile.gif)

goohtj

Posted 30 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

goohtj

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Car Lights are not only for you to see others, they are also for others to see you. so on them whenever it is dark outside.
my way --- on my lights whenever I can't see clearly my speedometer..

vr2turbo

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:18 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Sep 30 2011, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I totally concur with you. I reckon that majority of the Malangsian drivers still do not have such safety consciousness. Many still think that the lights draw electricla power directly form the car battery and will go flat faster smile.gif)

Agree, most don't know the application of the lights.
Worse is instead of switching on the headlights, they turn on the hazard lights...... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (goohtj @ Sep 30 2011, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Car Lights are not only for you to see others, they are also for others to see you. so on them whenever it is dark outside.
my way --- on my lights whenever I can't see clearly my speedometer..

I do that too, speedometer cannot see well, it is dark enough, to on the lights...... smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:32 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 30 2011, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do that too, speedometer cannot see well, it is dark enough, to on the lights...... smile_thumbup.gif

My car with autolight, so no problem for me - and I will also on the front spot light and also the rear brighter red light on when driving in rain, no matter ih the day or night. This is more safety and friendly to other road user, hate most is those guys who on the hazard signal lights!!! Too hard for our eyes and do more harm than goods. Will flash them to off if they are in front or will also on my hazard lights on then off it and on it and if they are still not awared of what I am trying to tell them, will brake hard and let them bang me when they are following me. (if the still keep it on) Cant be bother about them for their inconsiderate manner. hahaha - sometimes have to be hard on these brainless guys, so a good about driving bigger and harder car 4x4 or SUV, maybe will buyt a truck or tractor soon if these still dont work!

scenic

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 30 2011, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car with autolight, so no problem for me - and I will also on the front spot light and also the rear brighter red light on when driving in rain, no matter ih the day or night. This is more safety and friendly to other road user, hate most is those guys who on the hazard signal lights!!! Too hard for our eyes and do more harm than goods. Will flash them to off if they are in front or will also on my hazard lights on then off it and on it and if they are still not awared of what I am trying to tell them, will brake hard and let them bang me when they are following me. (if the still keep it on) Cant be bother about them for their inconsiderate manner. hahaha - sometimes have to be hard on these brainless guys, so a good about driving bigger and harder car 4x4 or SUV, maybe will buyt a truck or tractor soon if these still dont work!

That's why I am waiting for my new Ford Ranger to arrive. smile_approve.gif Cheers.
director's choice

dreamist

Posted 30 September 2011 - 03:53 PM

dreamist

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 30 2011, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agree, most don't know the application of the lights.
Worse is instead of switching on the headlights, they turn on the hazard lights...... smile_blackeye.gif smile_blackeye.gif

Yes, you are right!!! When a car switch on the hazard light and driving in the middle lane, other road-users may very difficult to realise or even don't know what this fellow want to do... turn left? turn right? or go straight?

br1

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:40 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (dreamist @ Sep 30 2011, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, you are right!!! When a car switch on the hazard light and driving in the middle lane, other road-users may very difficult to realise or even don't know what this fellow want to do... turn left? turn right? or go straight?

Worse is when it is at night and at heavy pouring rain - It really blind you when these brainless plp on their hazard lights!, which they thought is good so plp will see them from afar, and no people will hit them! I think it is illegal to do so?