Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf Problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

wheeLSpin

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Oct 1 2011, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah! laugh.gif how luckly i am today able to test drive 2 biji 2.4 fully loaded, 1 biji 2.0 stock car & 1 biji 2.0 c/w AB,AF+SP. smile_approve.gif

so after testing, all also got vibrate issue ?

trijuta

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:39 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Oct 2 2011, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2.0 stock
yes, vibrate (my butt also shaking) smile_big.gif
2.0 after AF
yes, vibrate can feel minor but better compare with stock. smile_approve.gif
2.4 stock
don't know. smile_question.gif
2.4 after AF
No, pretty awesome~ smile_tongue.gif

Additional
- 3 biji 2.0+2 biji 2.4 after start the engine, engine got vibrate with same pattern. we don't find any things wrong with it.
- Engine start with bonnet close, still don't find any "extra ordinary" vibration on top of the bonnet. just very normal.
- Found one thing that really make different. my 2.0 steering turning smooth & light but other 2 biji 2.0 steering got a "heavy" feel. i don't know why~ smile_question.gif i suggest better to check the power steering during service.
- 2 biji 2.4 steering turning just like normal very smooth.
- 5 cars also have road noise. 4 cars had done AF+RB+SP too..but~~~~just live with it lah~!
- While applied brake, turn steering slightly to left or right got a little bit vibrate due to our hydraulic pump as adrwoon explained.
- The 2.0 stock i can get a very noticeable vibrate while just sat in driver seat. more noticeable than the 1st time i test drove tanhb car's while stock.
- We are not sure how serious/bad batman72 as mention "The Vibration" does its feel. So, if your's still a stock car then i know the level of vibration you are talking about. smile_approve.gif

bbkat

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:16 AM

bbkat

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Oct 2 2011, 01:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2.0 stock
yes, vibrate (my butt also shaking) smile_big.gif
2.0 after AF
yes, vibrate can feel minor but better compare with stock. smile_approve.gif
2.4 stock
don't know. smile_question.gif
2.4 after AF
No, pretty awesome~ smile_tongue.gif

Additional
- 3 biji 2.0+2 biji 2.4 after start the engine, engine got vibrate with same pattern. we don't find any things wrong with it.
- Engine start with bonnet close, still don't find any "extra ordinary" vibration on top of the bonnet. just very normal.
- Found one thing that really make different. my 2.0 steering turning smooth & light but other 2 biji 2.0 steering got a "heavy" feel. i don't know why~ smile_question.gif i suggest better to check the power steering during service.
- 2 biji 2.4 steering turning just like normal very smooth.
- 5 cars also have road noise. 4 cars had done AF+RB+SP too..but~~~~just live with it lah~!
- While applied brake, turn steering slightly to left or right got a little bit vibrate due to our hydraulic pump as adrwoon explained.
- The 2.0 stock i can get a very noticeable vibrate while just sat in driver seat. more noticeable than the 1st time i test drove tanhb car's while stock.
- We are not sure how serious/bad batman72 as mention "The Vibration" does its feel. So, if your's still a stock car then i know the level of vibration you are talking about. smile_approve.gif

The vibration in my 2.0 stock car is a result of mounting defect... Thanks to Trijuta for pointing it out I immediately raised it to Bdr Puteri SC when I went for my exhaust pipe replacement after the meet-up and confirmed that I have to undergo another warranty claim. smile_cry.gif

But I am grateful that at least I realise the vibration I have been experiencing is actually abnormal and I am getting it fixed (hopefully). Also thumbs up to Bdr Puteri SC for being very attentive & responsive so far in resolving the problems. smile_thumbup.gif Next will check my steering also..

tekwei98

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:36 AM

tekwei98

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (bbkat @ Oct 2 2011, 02:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The vibration in my 2.0 stock car is a result of mounting defect... Thanks to Trijuta for pointing it out I immediately raised it to Bdr Puteri SC when I went for my exhaust pipe replacement after the meet-up and confirmed that I have to undergo another warranty claim. smile_cry.gif

But I am grateful that at least I realise the vibration I have been experiencing is actually abnormal and I am getting it fixed (hopefully). Also thumbs up to Bdr Puteri SC for being very attentive & responsive so far in resolving the problems. smile_thumbup.gif Next will check my steering also...

Bbkat,

if your SC confirms that the heavy steering is a defect, please let me know and I will go bombard my SC. I raised this to them several times and each time they just brushed it off and i dont have any concrete proof to bark at them.

Warranty claim seems to be part and parcel among us here now. I have claimed twice.. one for disc brake, one for paint defect. and now waiting for approval for another warranty claim - all 4 doors got nyek nyek sound when open to the max. sprayed with whatever substance also cannot help.

trijuta

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts

But I am grateful that at least I realise the vibration I have been experiencing is actually abnormal and I am getting it fixed (hopefully). Also thumbs up to Bdr Puteri SC for being very attentive & responsive so far in resolving the problems. smile_thumbup.gif Next will check my steering also..

ur welcome..maybe i got a sensitive butt~~ smile_big.gif
buy any cars really depend on ur luck~~but don't worry, we still got 5 years warranty. smile_approve.gif only very leceh is spending the time with sc.

hongkie123

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
Glad that more Hyundai owners are beginning to realise vibration is normal. I got this "it's normal" crap a lot from Jln 222 and Glenmarie and each time I refused to accept this crap. Without fail, they used their tried and famous frustration tactics (most common being it's normal and it's like that) and I must admit I was really frustrated, many times.

I suggest owners compare the feel of door opening, for all 4 doors and for different Sonatas. There is a difference, some smooth, more very coarse. And note what the SC will tell you when you raise this to them. i.e. another crap BS.

When it rains, check the end tip of wipers (driver side).

Compare the feel of steering wheel at different speed, say at 50kmh, to 100km/h to 120km/h to 130km/h to 140km/h. There is a difference at each speed level.

Hyundai seriously needed to work on it's weakness.

adrwoon

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts

bbkat, for your case, the vibration was very obvious as soon as you sat in the seat - grab on to the steering wheel and it affects your body more.. i'm surprised you didn't have more muscular shoulders than us guys who showed up (ok ok exaggerated a littttttle bit)

for the 2.4, the vibration was barely there even before the AutoFoam - vibration from idling was minimal - which I think is inherent from the 2.4 having to work less hard running the cranks, shafts and pulleys.. after AutoFoam - smooth and barely noticeable..

but honestly, trijuta's and tekwei98's AutoFoamed cars have hardly noticeable vibration as well (from the middle back seat anyhow).. but don't forget, the two 2.4s had one more difference - we were heavily dampened with 15 Sika mats and the wheel arches sprayed with Sikaflex..

stock Optima tyres aren't all that noisy, but devilfan's GR90s on 17s are definitely more comfortable, quiet tyres as compared to my Nexen N6000s on 18s.. that said, even the stock are quieter than mine - so unless you have the budget for GR90s stick with the Optimas.
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

adrwoon

Posted 02 October 2011 - 11:54 AM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (hongkie123 @ Oct 2 2011, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Glad that more Hyundai owners are beginning to realise vibration is normal. I got this "it's normal" crap a lot from Jln 222 and Glenmarie and each time I refused to accept this crap. Without fail, they used their tried and famous frustration tactics (most common being it's normal and it's like that) and I must admit I was really frustrated, many times.

I suggest owners compare the feel of door opening, for all 4 doors and for different Sonatas. There is a difference, some smooth, more very coarse. And note what the SC will tell you when you raise this to them. i.e. another crap BS.

When it rains, check the end tip of wipers (driver side).

Compare the feel of steering wheel at different speed, say at 50kmh, to 100km/h to 120km/h to 130km/h to 140km/h. There is a difference at each speed level.

Hyundai seriously needed to work on it's weakness.

think u meant "abnormal"?

check the end tips of driver's side wiper for excessive splash? jerk? lifting? for me when i freshly apply Rain-X or Rain-S or whatever product, the wipers will skip like crazy the first few days - but that's no fault of the wipers - my Excimo and Jazz also have the same problems until I switched to silicone wipers

i think there is supposed to be a difference in steering feel at different speeds.. with the norm being to use speed-sensitive steering.. more power to the steering hydraulic pump for easier turning for parking (which accounts for the steering wheel vibration when pressing the brake as our hydraulic pump is a tad under-powered [nothing can be done I'm afraid]) while at high speed a heavier feel for a less nervous ride..

as for doors, haven't checked for that yet, but as long as they open and close without much effort or sticking, I personally am not too worried about that...

my pet peeve with Glenmarie is the blardy masking tape stain after they fixed my roof panels...
Albert Camus

adrwoon

Posted 02 October 2011 - 12:02 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Oct 2 2011, 12:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

except for bbkat's stock 2.0, all had minimal vibration.. but bbkat's feels like a mounting anomaly which i think the SCs confirmed...

i think those with excessive vibration need to get the mounting bush check and/or replaced...
Albert Camus

tanhb

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

tanhb

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts
Can't joim Y'day. Trijuta now will be much happier dy haha..furthermore he even suspect his steering having problem but now he suspected others having problem and not his haha

BTW, i remembered I tested one unker Stock Sonata 2.0 the other day at Awan Besar. That big unker who brought the guys from a glass coating company.. His without autofoam almost vibration free..I was shock initially until he told me he did add-in a bottle of "Air-Con booster or conditioner?..and this booster helps in reducing power lag & also smoother the overall engine noise???...Wondering what air-con booster or conditioner he's talking about...He told me got it from kota Damansara aircon shop..hmnnnn
Nissan Sunny 1995......Wira 1.5A 1997.....Citroen ZX1.8  2002....Nissan Sentra 1.6 2004.....Waja 1.6X 2004 (Co car)....Honda 8th Gen 1.8 2006...Hyundai Sonata YF 2011