Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Art Of Driving Through A Smarttag Lane

• Please log in to reply

kcng

Posted 30 September 2011 - 04:05 PM

kcng

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 30 2011, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No such luck, even sunway toll on NPE use a few times, but barrier working...... smile_blackeye.gif

i forgot to add...

on heavy rain days.... the barrier always hang kei standing up.....
tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (kcng @ Sep 30 2011, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i forgot to add...

on heavy rain days.... the barrier always hang kei standing up.....
tongue.gif

Not all weather proof..... smile_shock.gif
Just like the parking ticket dispenser at Maju Junction, needs rain coat when rain comes...... smile_big.gif

cute_boboi

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:09 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Sep 29 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As I understand, the barrier isn't rigidly fixed. It is designed so that when a car, for example, hits it, the barrier would actually give way by swinging outward. I think this is a safety feature to prevent the barrier support/machine from breaking when hit.

These barriers will swing open, and if not broken into 2-pieces or bent too much, it can push back to the clamp.

Depending on your speed, the barrier may also break your windscreen. It happens before.

These barriers are different from car park cheapo barriers.

Each of these poles (just the piece that you bang into, not the complete set) costs several hundred RM.

Therefore, this is a tip for you not to pay toll by slowly pushing the barrier smile_tongue.gif but no guarantee if scratch your car, or the toll operator send your famous photo to police/JPJ. Note that there is a IR-camera located on each lane.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:44 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 10 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These barriers will swing open, and if not broken into 2-pieces or bent too much, it can push back to the clamp.

Depending on your speed, the barrier may also break your windscreen. It happens before.

Each of these poles (just the piece that you bang into, not the complete set) costs several hundred RM.

Therefore, this is a tip for you not to pay toll by slowly pushing the barrier smile_tongue.gif but no guarantee if scratch your car, or the toll operator send your famous photo to police/JPJ. Note that there is a IR-camera located on each lane.

Don't slow down to pay the $, kena pay a few hunderd $$...... smile_wink.gif

Eden

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:39 PM

Eden

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
QUOTE (kcng @ Sep 30 2011, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
break ar?
WOT and cabot la.......

then the car behind u onwards will thank you 9 9 because they can pass thru without paying toll jor...
HAHAHAHA

the sensor + scanner crash and will not process any transaction...

NPE toll from sunway heading towards jalan templer famous for always hang-kei with the barrier up
tongue.gif

smile_big.gif Thats where it happen to me. The smart tag lane on the right. VR2Turbo didnt believe me when I said the barrier was too slow.

I use that toll everyday going to work. Reaching the toll I will always look at the Smart Tag lane from far and if theres a lot of car I will switch to the cash lane. NPE Smart Tag lane always have problem either not working or slow!.

Eden

Posted 11 October 2011 - 05:42 PM

Eden

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Oct 10 2011, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cute Boboi,

The barrier installed at will not bend. It is of very light material and secured by some sort of clamp at the base. When hit by vehicles it will give way and release the barrier from the housing so as not to damage the car nor the machine controlling the barrier.

vr2turbo

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (Eden @ Oct 11 2011, 05:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_big.gif Thats where it happen to me. The smart tag lane on the right. VR2Turbo didnt believe me when I said the barrier was too slow.

I use that toll everyday going to work. Reaching the toll I will always look at the Smart Tag lane from far and if theres a lot of car I will switch to the cash lane. NPE Smart Tag lane always have problem either not working or slow!.

I don't take chances. I always slow down at the smart tag lanes, until barrier opens....... smile_tongue.gif
I know the Litrak (LDP) barriers are even slower...... smile_blackeye.gif
Cash Lane? Normally cash lane always jammed up.
For me if too many cars in Smart Tag lanes, I will look at the Touch & Go lanes.... smile_tongue.gif

Eden

Posted 12 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Eden

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 737 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 12 2011, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cash Lane? Normally cash lane always jammed up.
For me if too many cars in Smart Tag lanes, I will look at the Touch & Go lanes.... smile_tongue.gif

Not at that NPE toll near Sunway. Paying cash is faster, most of the time the cash lane is empty. Toll near Pantai Dalam cash lane will be jammed up.

p/s : valid during my tavelling time around 7a.m.

cute_boboi

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:38 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (Eden @ Oct 11 2011, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cute Boboi,

The barrier installed at will not bend. It is of very light material and secured by some sort of clamp at the base. When hit by vehicles it will give way and release the barrier from the housing so as not to damage the car nor the machine controlling the barrier.

Release from barrier housing, hit onto the exit light curtain (IR sensors) or concrete pillars or metal poles.
Then rebound and hit back the vehicle.

In either of the situation above, the poles will bent into L-shape if the speed/momentum is fast enough.

If momentum is even faster, the whole pole will fly out (the clamp screw and pole broken). Then need to replace entire ALB.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,470 posts
QUOTE (Eden @ Oct 12 2011, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not at that NPE toll near Sunway. Paying cash is faster, most of the time the cash lane is empty. Toll near Pantai Dalam cash lane will be jammed up.

p/s : valid during my tavelling time around 7a.m.

The Batu Tiga toll on the Federal Highway, please never try to pay cash. You will be stuck there like forever...... smile_tongue.gif