Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Art Of Driving Through A Smarttag Lane

• Please log in to reply

cbsteh

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

cbsteh

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts
Has anyone mastered the technique of driving through a smarttag lane without ever having to press your car brakes? I tried to do it but I worry I might bang the barrier before it could go up high enough to let me pass.

vr2turbo

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (cbsteh @ Sep 28 2011, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone mastered the technique of driving through a smarttag lane without ever having to press your car brakes? I tried to do it but I worry I might bang the barrier before it could go up high enough to let me pass.

Slow down more and glide, but if got traffic, they will be sure to honk at you....... smile_tongue.gif

tchow

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

tchow

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 28 2011, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slow down more and glide, but if got traffic, they will be sure to honk at you....... smile_tongue.gif

Also depends on whether you have V-kool or other similar film on your windscreen - takes longer for your card to be read if there is. A friend has broken several barriers because he forgot one of his cars has sun film and he didn't slow down enough!

rallychamp

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
drive at speed lower than 40km/h surely no need to brake laugh.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

vr2turbo

Posted 28 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ Sep 28 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
drive at speed lower than 40km/h surely no need to brake laugh.gif

That is what I meant, but belakang will horn you....... smile_tongue.gif

richard912

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:28 PM

richard912

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts
Being a regular smarttag lane user, there are still occasions when the sensor don't pick up the signal, resulting in embarrassing situations where the palang will not go up

cute_boboi

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
1) Better if your car windscreen don't have any car tint.

2) Put the smart-tag at ~45° angle, or follow the standard cars windscreen angle.

3) Put the tag as front/near the windscreen, directly in the middle (follow the rear-view mirror). However, try not to lie flat on dashboard (refer #2)
It will be better if you use double-sided tape it on your car bonnet near the windscreen washer smile_tongue.gif

4) When >500m from the toll plaza, let go accelerator and let it cruise/roll. You need to find your own rhythm and speed. Cars behind may horn/highlight you. Or worse, some may finger you. But I don't care smile_approve.gif

5) By the time you reach toll plaza entrance, you should slow down to 40km/h already. Else gentle on the brakes.

6) Take a deep breath, engage the gear you want to go and let it roll through. Right foot prepare to step brakes.

7) Once barrier (ALB) opens up, step on accelerator 9 9.

8) If you are still reading here, means you hit the barrier already smile_blackeye.gif

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 28 September 2011 - 08:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (richard912 @ Sep 28 2011, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Being a regular smarttag lane user, there are still occasions when the sensor don't pick up the signal, resulting in embarrassing situations where the palang will not go up

Yah! then got to wait for the behind guy to reverse, so you can try again with your hands holding the tag out the window....... smile_big.gif

QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Sep 28 2011, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) Better if your car windscreen don't have any car tint.

2) Put the smart-tag at ~45° angle, or follow the standard cars windscreen angle.

3) Put the tag as front/near the windscreen, directly in the middle (follow the rear-view mirror). However, try not to lie flat on dashboard (refer #2)
It will be better if you use double-sided tape it on your car bonnet near the windscreen washer smile_tongue.gif

4) When >500m from the toll plaza, let go accelerator and let it cruise/roll. You need to find your own rhythm and speed. Cars behind may horn/highlight you. Or worse, some may finger you. But I don't care smile_approve.gif

5) By the time you reach toll plaza entrance, you should slow down to 40km/h already. Else gentle on the brakes.

6) Take a deep breath, engage the gear you want to go and let it roll through. Right foot prepare to step brakes.

7) Once barrier (ALB) opens up, step on accelerator 9 9.

8) If you are still reading here, means you hit the barrier already smile_blackeye.gif

Good one......... smile_thumbup.gif

nofear1979

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:00 AM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Sep 28 2011, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yah! then got to wait for the behind guy to reverse, so you can try again with your hands holding the tag out the window....... smile_big.gif

Good one......... smile_thumbup.gif

me 100km/h then late braking.. LOL haahahahhahaa..

kidding.... actually i still apply brake when i am near...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

vr2turbo

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:38 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,465 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Sep 29 2011, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
me 100km/h then late braking.. LOL haahahahhahaa..

kidding.... actually i still apply brake when i am near...

Have to brake, because either you have to travel very slow, glide to a slow pace or hit the barrier......hahahahaha smile_big.gif