Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Prius - Test Drive

• Please log in to reply

numbertwo

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

numbertwo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
for a car @ 130+K with almost 0 belt in its engine compartment, the cabin noise level is unacceptable. apart from the wind noise at >80kmh, Salesman mentioned it is due to the CVT gearbox.. It grows louder as you press the pedal harder... Has any other test driver here also experienced the same?

swinee

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (numbertwo @ Sep 23 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for a car @ 130+K with almost 0 belt in its engine compartment, the cabin noise level is unacceptable. apart from the wind noise at >80kmh, Salesman mentioned it is due to the CVT gearbox.. It grows louder as you press the pedal harder... Has any other test driver here also experienced the same?

yes..when u rev it hard..the engine generate rather loud noise and can be quite intrusive..but when it falls back to crusing speed..then everything is ok..agree with u the wind noise is there..but this is due to the motor is too quite and it make u hear "additional" noise..that make it a lil bit noisy..tats y it is not easy to built a lexus..everything is serene n quiet smile_approve.gif

numbertwo

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

numbertwo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Sep 24 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes..when u rev it hard..the engine generate rather loud noise and can be quite intrusive..but when it falls back to crusing speed..then everything is ok..agree with u the wind noise is there..but this is due to the motor is too quite and it make u hear "additional" noise..that make it a lil bit noisy..tats y it is not easy to built a lexus..everything is serene n quiet smile_approve.gif

i wonder if the lexus CT200H produce the same amount of 'noise'.....

tpleong

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:02 PM

tpleong

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts
QUOTE (numbertwo @ Sep 26 2011, 12:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i wonder if the lexus CT200H produce the same amount of 'noise'.....

On normal mode, it is not as noisy but on sport mode, yes. On EV mode, no sound at all!

CT200H uses the same engine & gearbox, just better insulation and build.

khlee23

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (numbertwo @ Sep 23 2011, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have tested Prius and I currently own the latest Altis. They both are quite same in certain areas, i.e. sound noise from wind and tire. This is very true! The engine noise is not that obvious if you compare with tire/road noise and wind noise if you drive above 90km/h!! When you hit 110km/h then the wind noise becomes very very obvious!

If you cannot take these type of noises then either you go for Toyota Luxury Class(Camry) or Lexus !! You get what you paid.

Life is short. Seize the day!

scenic

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Sep 26 2011, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have tested Prius and I currently own the latest Altis. They both are quite same in certain areas, i.e. sound noise from wind and tire. This is very true! The engine noise is not that obvious if you compare with tire/road noise and wind noise if you drive above 90km/h!! When you hit 110km/h then the wind noise becomes very very obvious!

If you cannot take these type of noises then either you go for Toyota Luxury Class(Camry) or Lexus !! You get what you paid.

Bro khlee23,
You have traded in your 308 for an Altis ? Cheers.
director's choice

fredrick99

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

fredrick99

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
hi all,

just wan to know the cvt in the prius hv how many gear?
The altis hv 7 speed,how come prius spec don't hv any.

khlee23

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Sep 27 2011, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro khlee23,
You have traded in your 308 for an Altis ? Cheers.

Yes bro! You got it. I am currently driving a brand new Dual-VVTi / 7G Super-CVTi Altis.

Life is short. Seize the day!

Justicebao

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:17 PM

Justicebao

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,604 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Sep 27 2011, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes bro! You got it. I am currently driving a brand new Dual-VVTi / 7G Super-CVTi Altis.

Ouch...I guess the 308 gave you sleepless night sad.gif
Please join the Toyota facebook group --> HERE

scenic

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:50 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Sep 27 2011, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro,
Yours is 1.8G ? Thanks.

QUOTE (Justicebao @ Sep 27 2011, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch...I guess the 308 gave you sleepless night sad.gif

Bro,
I don't think so lah. Cheers.
director's choice