Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

The New Mazda Cx-5

• Please log in to reply

ktlim1970

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

ktlim1970

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I intend to get a new Mazda Cx5, but was told the chance to get a CBU unit now is very slim.
No sure if there is any other dealer will have the ready stock of CBU unit on hand.

williaml

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
Order taking for CBU Mazda CX-5 has stopped, now only accept booking for CKD version, on top of that, many outstanding CBU orders need to be delivered so the chance to get CBU is very difficult.

ZOOM ZOOM...

Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazdaspeed, Mazda Performance Series (MPS)
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

ONLY THE SKY IS THE LIMIT

tlc1

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:56 AM

tlc1

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Hi
Just had a quick test spin in the CX-5 yesterday. Ride was ok - was concerned about lack of power but drive was too short to confirm or dispel either way. What I was most disappointed about was the NVH of the vehicle. There was quite a lot of road rumble from the 17" tyres even at quite low speeds. The Honda CRV(2006 model) was supposed to be quite bad in this respect but I thought the CX-5 was noisier. Any new owners care to comment?? Haven't had a chance to try out the new CRV yet so can't compare notes.

Had a quick look at the Mazda 6 also and the interior is remarkably similar! Headroom in rear is a bit limited as my head was almost touching the roof lining. A very attractive car indeed!

gtr88

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

gtr88

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (tlc1 @ Mar 8 2013, 09:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi
Just had a quick test spin in the CX-5 yesterday. Ride was ok - was concerned about lack of power but drive was too short to confirm or dispel either way. What I was most disappointed about was the NVH of the vehicle. There was quite a lot of road rumble from the 17" tyres even at quite low speeds. The Honda CRV(2006 model) was supposed to be quite bad in this respect but I thought the CX-5 was noisier. Any new owners care to comment?? Haven't had a chance to try out the new CRV yet so can't compare notes.

Had a quick look at the Mazda 6 also and the interior is remarkably similar! Headroom in rear is a bit limited as my head was almost touching the roof lining. A very attractive car indeed!

I booked CX-5 few months ago and still waiting for delivery. Now, I read new Ford Escape is going to launch in Qtr 2 this year, and after reading the review, I'm considering changing to new Ford Escape instead which the reviewer give slightly higher rating.

Can any CX-5 owner give feedback did you experience the following dislikes especially on lack of power and noise?

Dislikes:

Engine lacks power when you need it
Hard acceleration gets noisy
Rear quarter vision minimal
Six airbags seems sub-par these days

Full review: http://www.thecarcon...mazda_cx-5_2013

Thanks.

tankf77

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

tankf77

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
QUOTE (gtr88 @ Mar 12 2013, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I booked CX-5 few months ago and still waiting for delivery. Now, I read new Ford Escape is going to launch in Qtr 2 this year, and after reading the review, I'm considering changing to new Ford Escape instead which the reviewer give slightly higher rating.

Can any CX-5 owner give feedback did you experience the following dislikes especially on lack of power and noise?

Dislikes:

Engine lacks power when you need it
Hard acceleration gets noisy
Rear quarter vision minimal
Six airbags seems sub-par these days

Full review: http://www.thecarcon...mazda_cx-5_2013

Thanks.

I am currently driving the new M6 2.5 and enjoying the ride every moment. However, I did test drive the CX5. I personally did not find the engine noisy during hard rev. As for power, the car ISN''T underpowered, switching to manual you will feel the pickup. Just that in auto mode, the gear ratios are programmed to be fuel efficient, hence lack of zoom-zoom feeling.

6 airbags are std these days.

I personally wasn't that affected by the rear vision.

The cabin and dash board for both CX5 and M6 does look drabby compared to the 2nd gen M6. If they can add some dash of color to match the masculine looks of the car, they have a winning strategy. Maybe something they should seriously consider during facelift?

By the way, CX5 is Japanese car of the year for 2012 and 2013, so it speaks for itself.

sham2406

Posted 23 April 2013 - 03:00 PM

sham2406

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
Saw CBU unit, of course sold. Considerring CKD, if the quality no different. When coming ahh?? If the plastic same quality as Mazda-3.....I drop the consideration

ktlim1970

Posted 30 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

ktlim1970

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
I only placed the booking for CX5 in early Mar this year. As requested by SA, a car loan has been applied and appoved in 2nd week of Mar to increase the chances of getting a CBU unit- in case any client cancel the order.
Till now there is still not news. I had just been called to start to bid for any preferenced number first for car registration number, though there is still not assurance of any unit available.

Just wonder why all this hassle upfront, if there is still not assurance of any unit available at the moment.
Maybe the SA just intends to make it more difficuit to cancel the booking later because the car order may drop a lot after the coming GE or more intense competition with other new car models launched later of the year - eg, Ford Kuga.

williaml

Posted 30 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
In fact, booking of CBU CX-5 had stopped since end January so the chance to try your luck to get left over CBU unit is very slim, furthermore, you just made your booking last month.

ZOOM ZOOM...
Mazda 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, CX-3, CX-4, CX-5, CX-8, CX-9, MX-5, RX-8, Tribute, Verisa, Biante, Scrum, Carol, Laputa, Spiano, AZ-Wagon, AZ-Offroad, BT-50, Titan Truck, Flairwagon,
Mazda Flexa, Kusabi, MX Sportif, MX Tourer, MX Micro Sport, MX Crossport, Secret Hideout, Washu, Ibuki, Senku, Sassou, Kabura, Ryuga, Nagare, Hakaze, Taiki, Furai, Kazamai, Kiyora, Shinari, Minagi, Takeri, Hazumi, Koeru.

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com

BSDriver

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (williaml @ Apr 30 2013, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In fact, booking of CBU CX-5 had stopped since end January so the chance to try your luck to get left over CBU unit is very slim, furthermore, you just made your booking last month.

ZOOM ZOOM...

when will the local CX5 available in the market?
BSDriver

williaml

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

williaml

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,224 posts
CKD Mazda CX-5 roll-out ceremony by end of May.

ZOOM ZOOM...

www.mazda.com.my
www.zoomzoommag.com