Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Another White Car Question!

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:24 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,463 posts
QUOTE (S40 @ Nov 18 2011, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In the past, I used meg cleaner paste wax to clean the dirt streaks. Works for me! But I experimented on DG AquaWax to clean the dirt streaks and it also works well for me. Hence, DG's AW must contain some cleaning element.

I don't have problem with those black streaks. With weekly washes it comes off with the car shampoo, but I have my combo of DG QD/DG105 on after every wash..... smile_thumbup.gif

irony

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:32 PM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
my whitey, even with sealant, black streaks will appear after rain if not washed in 2 days.. but easily cleaned..

but, if i dont wash for more than 1 week.. is really asking for trouble.. not only black streaks, dirt also will get caked on the surface smile_sad.gif must polish more often..

they say KL rain is dem power.. it must be true then.

jonlsl

Posted 02 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (irony @ Dec 2 2011, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my whitey, even with sealant, black streaks will appear after rain if not washed in 2 days.. but easily cleaned..

but, if i dont wash for more than 1 week.. is really asking for trouble.. not only black streaks, dirt also will get caked on the surface smile_sad.gif must polish more often..

Yes KL rain is damn power. But its less of the rain causing it but more of the road grime and air borne dust and pollutants which settle on the car or gets washed down from the sky. As seremban rain is much "cleaner" and water spot less as well. In seremban we don't have much of the black dust. Ours more of a brown dust more like sand.

vr2turbo

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:25 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,463 posts
QUOTE (irony @ Dec 2 2011, 04:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have no problem because after wash my combo goes on. So far weekly wash and combo still slick and clean....

S40

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:07 AM

S40

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts
Here we go again... smile_dead.gif

After so long, I didn't expose my car to HEAVY RAIN... until yesterday!

Went to the gym and had to park it outside (no choice). Then, seriously heavy rain and I knew what will happen next. True enough, my car had dirt streaks and dirt trapped all over my paint and worst of all, I can't wash it away!

I just did 1 round (3 layers) of MG 16 last month and occationally wiped it with DG AW.

Light showers still ok... problem only arises when there's heavy downfall and the car is expose to it without any shelter.

I notice that if it's a heavy downfall when you are driving, the condition is ok. But when you have your car parked for perhaps 30-40 minutes under the heavy downfall, then the black streaks and dirt trapped in your coat / wax is apparent.

No matter what... after 3 years of owing White coloured cars, I do really believe Black is easier to maintain! musik19.gif
Time DOES NOT Wait for ANYONE!

jonlsl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (S40 @ Apr 10 2013, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Went to the gym and had to park it outside (no choice). Then, seriously heavy rain and I knew what will happen next. True enough, my car had dirt streaks and dirt trapped all over my paint and worst of all, I can't wash it away!

I just did 1 round (3 layers) of MG 16 last month and occationally wiped it with DG AW.

Light showers still ok... problem only arises when there's heavy downfall and the car is expose to it without any shelter.

I notice that if it's a heavy downfall when you are driving, the condition is ok. But when you have your car parked for perhaps 30-40 minutes under the heavy downfall, then the black streaks and dirt trapped in your coat / wax is apparent.

No matter what... after 3 years of owing White coloured cars, I do really believe Black is easier to maintain! musik19.gif

I love white and had it for over 15 years. The problem is not the colour but the paint used. Most white cars on the market especially local made but still some imported are still single stage paints. Its in the nature of the paint to get stained easily. I highly recommend that you get either a very good glass/quartz based coating or OC2.0 as that helps to minimize the problem but not eliminate it.

But the better way to solve the problem and even might be cheaper in the long run would be to have the car repainted in 2K white with a High Solid Clear coat. Most other colours and a must for metallic colours are 2K aka clear coated so you notice that the dirt release properties are much better.

My white car has a section (fuel filler area) which is repainted in 2K and the dirt release properties of that section vs. the other single stage cannot be compared. My white is getting old and thin and will respray it with high quality white 2K next time round.

S40

Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

S40

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Apr 10 2013, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love white and had it for over 15 years. The problem is not the colour but the paint used. Most white cars on the market especially local made but still some imported are still single stage paints. Its in the nature of the paint to get stained easily. I highly recommend that you get either a very good glass/quartz based coating or OC2.0 as that helps to minimize the problem but not eliminate it.

But the better way to solve the problem and even might be cheaper in the long run would be to have the car repainted in 2K white with a High Solid Clear coat. Most other colours and a must for metallic colours are 2K aka clear coated so you notice that the dirt release properties are much better.

My white car has a section (fuel filler area) which is repainted in 2K and the dirt release properties of that section vs. the other single stage cannot be compared. My white is getting old and thin and will respray it with high quality white 2K next time round.

Sounds tempting! My car is scratch and dent free, but am thinking of respraying the whole car! Any idea how much does it cost to have a high quality white 2k paint? On an average sedan or hatchback...?

jonlsl

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:11 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (S40 @ Apr 10 2013, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds tempting! My car is scratch and dent free, but am thinking of respraying the whole car! Any idea how much does it cost to have a high quality white 2k paint? On an average sedan or hatchback...?

About 3-4K for a good decent job. 2.5k for a normal job. Get in touch with bro Hitachi as he knows all the good painters as they are his users as well. He also told me if need respray he can recommend. Basically most paint brand ar more or less the same lah, just get something like Kansai or Carmix also can but have to make sure they use High Solid Clear. Like this

Brands of paint are more or less the same these days, its mostly workmanship. I got friend got his porsche repainted with Kansai and it turned out quite good, white as well. Also it will cost more if you get them to slap on more layers of clear.

Oh yah, better to use the polyurethane paints as they are more durable but more hazardous to the sprayer and environment, vs. the factory water based acrylic paint. So if shop say use acrylic, say don't wan.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:54 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,463 posts
QUOTE (S40 @ Apr 10 2013, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am surprised that even with M16 and AW on top you could not remove the black steaks. Usually when they are fresh can be easily washed off by care shampoo. Black streak that have been baked in by the sun, then need polish to remove.
For me I find that waxed surface will get these black streak more than un-waxed surface. Probably more water and dirt run off and they concentrated more at the run off area.... smile_blackeye.gif

S40

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

S40

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 533 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Apr 10 2013, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
About 3-4K for a good decent job. 2.5k for a normal job. Get in touch with bro Hitachi as he knows all the good painters as they are his users as well. He also told me if need respray he can recommend. Basically most paint brand ar more or less the same lah, just get something like Kansai or Carmix also can but have to make sure they use High Solid Clear. Like this

Brands of paint are more or less the same these days, its mostly workmanship. I got friend got his porsche repainted with Kansai and it turned out quite good, white as well. Also it will cost more if you get them to slap on more layers of clear.

Oh yah, better to use the polyurethane paints as they are more durable but more hazardous to the sprayer and environment, vs. the factory water based acrylic paint. So if shop say use acrylic, say don't wan.

Yes. I agree that paints nowadays are more or less the same quality. It's the workmanship that's important. Afterall, if you want to respray your car, you should do it properly as you only respray once in 5-10 years???

Thanks for the tip bro jonlsl. Will get in touch with bro Hitachi for info. My car is now 5 years old but only 3 years on the road. Got it as brand new but was not a popular unit. Thus, left at the warehouse / showroom for approx 2 years.

I'll maybe do a respray when the time comes (when I'm fed up with consistently polishing and waxing my car) smile_tongue.gif