Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Golf 1.4tsi Engine Problems?

• Please log in to reply

ongwc5

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

ongwc5

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
QUOTE (tchow @ Sep 1 2011, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not so much a matter of depreciation - more about reliability. As a friend said - if you keep it long enough depreciation doesn't come into the equation. If you've been stuck on the road side waiting for tow trucks- then you'd know what I mean. We had a citroen bx gt and it was in the workshop countless times. It needed a top overhaul after just 4 years. It got so bad we didn't dare use it for outstation trips. We finally got rid of it for RM1k 'cuz no one wanted it! It's a different thing if we we're talking about minor irritations like side mirrors not folding or electrical faults. That I could live with... But we're talking about it being able to get you from A to B. If you're relying on the 5 year warranty and it's a lemon, you could still be really frustrated by the amount of time it's got to spend in the workshop. If it's going to be your primary means of transport you can't afford to have it sitting in a workshop for weeks at a time. As I said, if I could afford it, I would go for the 2litre pot where the issue doesn't arise. All I'm trying to find out is whether the problems suffered by this particular engine (and it is a real one) has been now resolved by VW.

Let me tell u my own car history; Proton Kancil, Proton Satria 1.3 (export version), 2nd hand Proton satria 1.6 (1st batch), Honda Civic ET2.0 k20A3, and now Golf 1.4 TSI, u know what is main diferrent between VW make & local assy/local brand? I got the zero issue since day 1 I drove my TSI till now about 3month, just top-up petrol & go, simply easy to use & the most safety car I ever own! smile_approve.gif

br1

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (ongwc5 @ Sep 2 2011, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let me tell u my own car history; Proton Kancil, Proton Satria 1.3 (export version), 2nd hand Proton satria 1.6 (1st batch), Honda Civic ET2.0 k20A3, and now Golf 1.4 TSI, u know what is main diferrent between VW make & local assy/local brand? I got the zero issue since day 1 I drove my TSI till now about 3month, just top-up petrol & go, simply easy to use & the most safety car I ever own! smile_approve.gif

for sure it the top of all your previous cars, in safety, performance and etc.... , so you will have to keep driving and sourcing for your next better car, wait till it is developed, still times for you to check it out and start saving for it - hahaha.
we have trashed it for already for 23k kms, since Feb 2011 and it is true - just done 3 services (we did at every 7.5k kms at 1/2 the recommended Schedule) and other than that just top up and go. so far so good!

pat1988

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 2 2011, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for sure it the top of all your previous cars, in safety, performance and etc.... , so you will have to keep driving and sourcing for your next better car, wait till it is developed, still times for you to check it out and start saving for it - hahaha.
we have trashed it for already for 23k kms, since Feb 2011 and it is true - just done 3 services (we did at every 7.5k kms at 1/2 the recommended Schedule) and other than that just top up and go. so far so good!

Wah, you so good. Mine 4+ months and 7k km onli. Just beat a Volvo V70, not bad............. Did you change oil filter at 7.5k km? I'm thinking of changing oil but dunno about the filter.

I thing ongwc5 needs the Golf R. It's coming in October but JB won't have a test drive car. So sad. angry.gif

br1

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:36 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ Sep 2 2011, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wah, you so good. Mine 4+ months and 7k km onli. Just beat a Volvo V70, not bad............. Did you change oil filter at 7.5k km? I'm thinking of changing oil but dunno about the filter.

I thing ongwc5 needs the Golf R. It's coming in October but JB won't have a test drive car. So sad. angry.gif

Yes, oil & filter - kiasu so change at every 1/2 the recommended schedule - (Did you change oil filter at 7.5k km?)

kenso

Posted 03 September 2011 - 09:13 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 3 2011, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, oil & filter - kiasu so change at every 1/2 the recommended schedule - (Did you change oil filter at 7.5k km?)

How much does cost u, bro?

jt101

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:29 AM

jt101

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 3 2011, 12:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Bro,

I am interested to know the 7.5k km service cost as well.
Planning to do service at every 7.5k km instead of 15k km.
Which VWSC?
Labour RM?
Filter RM?
Oil - what type / cost?

I read somewhere for the 7.5k km, 22.5k km, some GTi owners went to 3rd party service centers, wonder whether it will void the warranty later on if found out by VWSC.

br1

Posted 03 September 2011 - 10:30 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Sep 3 2011, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

will take a look at the bill later and update to you the exact figure, just pay for the oil, filter and labour.

br1

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:29 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Sep 3 2011, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

just check the bill (did not change the filter, changed as per schedule at 15k kms)

I just change the oil 3.6 lts @ RM68.00 = 244.80
+ a screw (dot know what screw?) @ RM9.40
Total: RM254.00
Labour, free fro me - friend friend connection......hahaha smile_cool.gif

br1

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (jt101 @ Sep 3 2011, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

I am interested to know the 7.5k km service cost as well.
Planning to do service at every 7.5k km instead of 15k km. - Want to kiasu like me?

Which VWSC? I did at TTDI Cergas haus
Labour RM? - FOC fro me
Filter RM? dont change at every 7.5k kms - follow and change at their recom 15k kms schedule
Oil - what type / cost? - VW oil??? Brownish colour??? Not disclosed to us.

I read somewhere for the 7.5k km, 22.5k km, some GTi owners went to 3rd party service centers, wonder whether it will void the warranty later on if found out by VWSC.

- No lah and should not, I used their ori vw oil and at their authorised SC - ask them dont reset the service clock reading.

kenso

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:08 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Sep 3 2011, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just check the bill (did not change the filter, changed as per schedule at 15k kms)

Labour, free fro me - friend friend connection......hahaha smile_cool.gif

Wah ..... if no friend friend connection, it`s going to be more than RM300 .... I wonder how much does Exquisite Marques charge for normal service like what you mentioned.